AOC: "growing cauliflower is colonial, we should grow culturally significant plants like yucca"

AOC wants----uhm PLANTAINS------do plantains thrive in the BRONX?.

It's a jungle out there. They can cook the plantains in Hell's kitchen too.
/—-/ When I moved to NY, I bought what I thought was a banana from a fruit stand. I bit into it then spit it out. I told the guy it was the worst banana I ever had. He said, that’s because it a plantain. I said what the hell is a plantain? He said, it’s like a banana but only different.

i went to the market yesterday. Celery was $3,79. What is going on here? Some one is manipulating this. I will not include celery in my cooking. It's a plant, fore God's sake.

Nope, not even remotely close. You swallowed a fake headline just because you wish it were true.

We did this a few days ago. Go learn how to read.

Pogoid----stop being a picky white ass. She DID say those who plant
cauliflower have a COLONIALIST mentality

I know of no definition in any language where "colonial" has anything to do with "race" or "white supremacy".

And no, that's not what she said anyway. The comment was bizarre but it does refer to planting yucca INSTEAD OF cauliflower. That would make cauliflower the preferred choice.

As I said ----- simple reading. It's a lost art.

Read it again. This time realize you're reading the mind of a raving lunatic...

She infers ALL of that in that twitterstorm of challenged brain cells she's famous for...

Already DID read it again, because this thread is a rerun.

She cannot "infer". Only WE can infer, which several here have done, completely erroneously. Reading comp strikes again.

Also did a word search. There's no mention made of "race" in any way shape or form.

Say it with me now ---- FAKE HEADLINE.
/——/ So in addition to calling us white supremacist, you add on colonists as an insult?

"colonialist" is a very old insult. I have heard it for 50 years from
people from south east asia

/—-/ When I moved to NY, I bought what I thought was a banana from a fruit stand. I bit into it then spit it out. I told the guy it was the worst banana I ever had. He said, that’s because it a plantain. I said what the hell is a plantain? He said, it’s like a banana but only different.

they are cooked in CHUNKS ---uhm....I think boiled----then SQUASHED
flat and fried. I learned that from a Puerto rican friend. I tasted the
finished product ---many years ago----NOT IMPRESSED----starchy and
tasteless. I prefer cauliflower

i went to the market yesterday. Celery was $3,79. What is going on here? Some one is manipulating this. I will not include celery in my cooking. It's a plant, fore God's sake.

maybe it is out of season? ------???? I think it pops up in the fall ????

for the record----I think cauliflower is out of season here in the northeast. We are supposed to be eating green peas------but I still have old cans

According to AOC, if you plant cauliflowers, you’re probably a closet white supremacist...who knew.

Ocasio Cortez: Planting cauliflower is racist, y'all

Actually, I like those a quite a lot. Slice them up thin and saute in olive oil with some cayenne pepper until they brown. Get some of that sweet and spicy thing going.... though it might be an acquired taste.

According to AOC, if you plant cauliflowers, you’re probably a closet white supremacist...who knew.

Actually, I like those a quite a lot. Slice them up thin and saute in olive oil with some cayenne pepper until they brown. Get some of that sweet and spicy thing going.... though it might be an acquired taste.

oh----you don't do the SMASH THE CHUNK method?

they are cooked in CHUNKS ---uhm....I think boiled----then SQUASHED
flat and fried. I learned that from a Puerto rican friend. I tasted the
finished product ---many years ago----NOT IMPRESSED----starchy and
tasteless. I prefer cauliflower

Yeah, tried cooking those for a while but gave up on it too, not my fav.

oh----you don't do the SMASH THE CHUNK method?

No, maybe I should have :)

I know of no definition in any language where "colonial" has anything to do with "race" or "white supremacy".

And no, that's not what she said anyway. The comment was bizarre but it does refer to planting yucca INSTEAD OF cauliflower. That would make cauliflower the preferred choice.

She infers ALL of that in that twitterstorm of challenged brain cells she's famous for...

She cannot "infer". Only WE can infer, which several here have done, completely erroneously. Reading comp strikes again.

Also did a word search. There's no mention made of "race" in any way shape or form.

/——/ So in addition to calling us white supremacist, you add on colonists as an insult?

He wrote "colonist", not colonialist.

Not that either one makes an iota of sense here.

"colonialist"----is---what I THINK Aoc said----in the form of
COLONIALIST MENTALITY ------a preference for WHITE
VEGETABLES

"colonialist"----is---what I THINK Aoc said----in the form of COLONIALIST MENTALITY ------a preference for WHITE
VEGETABLES

Again ---- and I already told you this while you were going :lalala: ---- that still makes no sense, as cauliflower, at least the part we eat, is already white. Until it ages anyway. So how would planting yucca instead of cauliflower mean a "colonialist" mentality?

Y'all just don't read, that's what it is.

And that's only if we first accept that "colonialist" means something about "white supremacy", which we don't. But if we did it wouldn't work.

See where fake headlines take you?

"colonialist"----is---what I THINK Aoc said----in the form of COLONIALIST MENTALITY ------a preference for WHITE
VEGETABLES

Again ---- and I already told you this while you were going :lalala: ---- that still makes no sense, as cauliflower, at least the part we eat, is already white. Until it ages anyway. So how would planting yucca instead of cauliflower mean a "colonialist" mentality?

Y'all just don't read, that's what it is.

And that's only if we first accept that "colonialist" means something about "white supremacy", which we don't. But if we did it wouldn't work.

See where fake headlines take you?

My impression was that she feels many people of color are not familiar with Cauliflower and are simply more familiar with Yucca, therefore they have no interest in planting colonialist type foods. I think she underestimates people here.

Nope, not even remotely close. You swallowed a fake headline just because you wish it were true.

Also did a word search. There's no mention made of "race" in any way shape or form. Not anywhere.

She refers to white communities, and environmental colonialism is an inherently eurocentric i.e. white criticism. Sure the headline and whole thrust of the thread are off kilter, but because she doesn't explicitly use the word "race" does not mean that race is not being discussed. I am pretty sure she doesn't really understand what EC is, or at least she is torturing the hell out of it talking about cauliflower v. yucca. You would be hard pressed to find a street in my city that doesn't have a yucca on it somewhere or the other. Anyway, I have never heard of a community garden that was so regulated the people were forced to grow one type of vegetable and banned from growing another type.

Also did a word search. There's no mention made of "race" in any way shape or form. Not anywhere.

She refers to white communities, and environmental colonialism is an inherently eurocentric i.e. white criticism. Sure the headline and whole thrust of the thread are off kilter, but because she doesn't explicitly use the word "race" does not mean that race is not being discussed. I am pretty sure she doesn't really understand what EC is, or at least she is torturing the hell out of it talking about cauliflower v. yucca. You would be hard pressed to find a street in my city that doesn't have a yucca on it somewhere or the other. Anyway, I have never heard of a community garden that was so regulated the people were forced to grow one type of vegetable and banned from growing another type.

the problem is far more INSIDIOUS then being FORCED or RESTRICTED as to what veggies to grow------it is years of
OPPRESSION that have cleared the YUCCA out of our populations and replaced the YUCCA with white ass stringbeans. You have Yucca growing in your city? do people dig up the roots and eat them?.
I grew up in an area where violets grew everywhere----even in the cracks of the sidewalks------but NO ONE ATE THEM because we were racists---
the French "candy" them Only a few people ate the prevalent
dandelion greens ------uhm----the Italians----so the protestants
didn't

Forum List

Back