Anyone try a venison sandwich at Arby's today?

Didn't taste very venison-y to me...but I think that's what they were going for.
I pulled through the drive through, and saw this today! I didn't try it though... I have a freezer full. I highly doubt the staff at Arbys could get it right...

OK got it. Not white tail US. Farm raised in New Zealand and grass fed. I got to give them credit for trying though.

Didn't taste very venison-y to me...but I think that's what they were going for.
I pulled through the drive through, and saw this today! I didn't try it though... I have a freezer full. I highly doubt the staff at Arbys could get it right...
It was a little on the tough side...and way too much peppercorn...but it wasn't half bad for a commercial attempt.

I really just had to see how fast food venison turned out. Definitely nowhere near home cooked, but better than I expected tenderness wise.

I took it off the bun and ate it with a knife and fork like a steak.

What the mix? Do you know?
They used a peppercorn spice rub to cover the venison taste. But it did look like the picture, only a centimeter of browning and mostly pink in the middle. I like the taste of venison...and there was a little of it there, but not much.

It was a little on the tough side...and way too much peppercorn...but it wasn't half bad for a commercial attempt.

I really just had to see how fast food venison turned out. Definitely nowhere near home cooked, but better than I expected tenderness wise.

Being a commercial product; I'm assuming it was farm raised. Did it taste farm raised or "gamey" as the citiots call it?

:lol:

I'm the same way with meat.The bun should be on the side.

Got to give them credit for trying. See juniper berries is a key ingredient in sauerbraten. Many German and Italian recipes.

Being a commercial product; I'm assuming it was farm raised. Did it taste farm raised or "gamey" as the citiots call it?

Farm raised...it was that gamey taste that was mostly missing...or the peppercorn was covering. It wasn't bad...just tasted a lot more like beef than I was expecting.

Forum List

Back