Venison vs Beef: Which Is Healthier?

Where I hunt the deer aren’t the biggest because there are no farms using pesticides. To bring them in we plant things that deer eat and we don’t use and pesticides. My favorite is winter wheat because they eat it in the winter even if it’s buried in the snow. And when it grows tall we plant something different and use a roller to flatten the winter wheat and it protects the new seeds from the birds and sun. All natural. The deer taste amazing.

Deer are free range animals. I hate slaughter mills. The cows short life is not nice up until the end.

No one who has hit a deer with their car is against deer hunting. Lol

The deer in Alabama and Georgia aren't the biggest. But there are a metric shit-ton of them.

The fat isn't the thing I dislike about beef. It is all the other things that are in it, as I said before.

Does anyone else remember children (especially girls) maturing as early as they do now?

Also, to the person who said fish is better than beef. Is it? My deer that doesn’t eat from a farm that sprays chemicals on the corn compared to her fish. Where was that fish caught? How much mercury is in that fish?

Every fall I miss going hunting. But, obviously not enough to get off my ass and find a new place to hunt in GA.
I’m lucky my bro has 65 acres 3.5 hours away and state land 10 minutes away.

I would never walk all the way back where you can hunt. Then what if you shoot one? You can’t take your car back there and the rangers won’t help. They should. I should suggest it. For seniors. But they can’t always be available.

Anyways, the ONLY reason I hunt there is I have a ebike. So I can get back to my spot and back to my car very quickly. Still it’ll be a bitch if I ever shoot one back there. But I’m local and have friends so I do it.

It’s great up north I have a quad that’s like a tank. With a wench. And a dog who’s a great tracker!

The fat isn't the thing I dislike about beef. It is all the other things that are in it, as I said before.

Does anyone else remember children (especially girls) maturing as early as they do now?
Indeed, studies have shown that girls are reaching puberty as early as 2 full years earlier than before the 1970s.
Unfortunately, the beef industry still has Washington in full cooperation. Dairy cows, chicken and poultry are not allowed to use growth hormones... but beef still can and does.

Indeed, studies have shown that girls are reaching puberty as early as 2 full years earlier than before the 1970s.
Unfortunately, the beef industry still has Washington in full cooperation. Dairy cows, chicken and poultry are not allowed to use growth hormones... but beef still can and does.
I wonder how much better it is to cook your beef well done? Like does that burn away any of the bad stuff?

Here in Florida venison taste like crap because the deer mostly feed off acorns that are bitter. The same with wild hogs.

I'll just go down to Publix and get some nice Angus meat.
Driving home down alligator ally it looked like cows have it good. And not cold like up north.

This has been happening since the 1990s how old are you?

1709995858652.jpeg

Driving home down alligator ally it looked like cows have it good. And not cold like up north.
Florida grows a lot of beef.

Up until after WWI Florida had more beef than Texas.

The Original American cowboys were from Florida.

When you see a movie with 1870s Western cowboys at that time there were more in Florida.

Another trivia fact. Chili was invented in Florida. There are historical records in the library at the University of Florida of the Spanish settlers in St Augustine making a dish with dried chillis, cumin and meat. Basic chili. This was long before there was a Texas or even Spanish dominated Mexico.

Florida grows a lot of beef.

Up until after WWI Florida had more beef than Texas.

The Original American cowboys were from Florida.

When you see a movie with 1870s Western cowboys at that time there were more in Florida.

Another trivia fact. Chili was invented in Florida. There are historical records in the library at the University of Florida of the Spanish settlers in St Augustine making a dish with dried chillis, cumin and meat. Basic chili. This was long before there was a Texas or even Spanish dominated Mexico.
No no beans in chili? That’s a debate in Yellowstone.

No no beans in chili? That’s a debate in Yellowstone.
The Spanish settlers in St Augustine ate a lot of beans. Like for almost every meal. They would have either put them that chili dish or served them on the side. Seeing that they probably didn't have too many kitchen pots they probably just cooked it all together. Hence, chili traditionally has beans.

Sometimes I put beans in my chili and sometimes I don't. I am not the Food Police to tell other people what they should like or not like. If you like beans in your chili then fine. If you don't then that is fine also.

I’m lucky my bro has 65 acres 3.5 hours away and state land 10 minutes away.

I would never walk all the way back where you can hunt. Then what if you shoot one? You can’t take your car back there and the rangers won’t help. They should. I should suggest it. For seniors. But they can’t always be available.

Anyways, the ONLY reason I hunt there is I have a ebike. So I can get back to my spot and back to my car very quickly. Still it’ll be a bitch if I ever shoot one back there. But I’m local and have friends so I do it.

It’s great up north I have a quad that’s like a tank. With a wench. And a dog who’s a great tracker!

When I hunted I had an old Jeep Wrangler. She would get me in close enough. I would drag the deer carcass to the Jeep. None of them were too big to drag.

I wonder how much better it is to cook your beef well done? Like does that burn away any of the bad stuff?

No, it doesn't help to cook it more (I can't even say "well done").

Cooking kills parasites and such. But the chemicals from the animal's food is found throughout the meat.

well i'll take your word for it WB, especially knowing farm to table trumps industrial production to food chain fare

that....and i do have a smoker ..... one of my sunday after-barn-chores pleasures.....~S~
Last thing I "smoked" was a Publix USDA choice rib roast.

I put 25 minutes of smoke on it, then let it cool.

10 minutes of broil in the oven and shut it off for 2 hours. It came out perfect!

Just a hint of smoke, really good!

When I was a kid, my favorite chili was made by a certain aunt. So, a while back her son was visiting,

and I brought it up: "You know, I can never really replicate your mom's chili just right."

And he goes: "You didn't know? It was always half venison, my mom took a deer every year and

always mixed it in the chili."

Oh, her chili was so good!

Last edited:
I eat mostly chicken or fish because it is healthier than eating beef.
I wish I could eat more fish.
But here in Indiana, you have two choices...
1) Buy the farm raised shit fish (literally) raised primarily in Asia where there are basically no regulations.
2) Buy either wild caught in Alaska/Canada or Europe and pay absolutely exorbitant prices.

I bought wild caught Alaskan Salmon 2 weeks ago as a treat for $26.99 /lb. Yes you can buy frozen at Aldis for about $17/lb. - I have tried it and it is substantially inferior. Dry and grainy. Not sure why.

and I brought it up: "You know, I can never really replicate your mom's chili just right."
Back in the early 60's as a lad i would often find myself in a kitchen full of old Sicilian ladies Duke

Of course they were all too willing to stuff my curious face

But boy do i now wish i paid attention

They sure could cook!

~S~

Back in the early 60's as a lad i would often find myself in a kitchen full of old Sicilian ladies Duke

Of course they were all too willing to stuff my curious face

But boy do i now wish i paid attention

They sure could cook!

~S~
Oh, I was always looking over shoulders and asking questions. She hid the venison thing from me.

Forum List

Back