What is your comfort food?

JalsN

Rookie
Sep 1, 2017
What is that one thing that makes the whole world just a bit more wonderful for you? :)

eggs. That’s my go to food. Whether I’m eating healthy or splurging

i like 'noodles' , a bit underdone or whatever its called . Butter , oil and fried onions , garlic mixed in and allowed to set and flavor . Or regular or any type of meat gravy on top of 'noodles' . Home made DROP NOODLES are probably best but all noodles fresh or store bought are good . ---------------- mashed potatoes and gravy or butter , salt and pepper are also fine and probably easier to do . And patatas , fresh , boiled . whipped , unwhipped and i really like boxed instant mashed potatoes JalsN .

and EGGS , yep , properly poached , four in a bowl with butter , salt and pepper , 4 toast , a couple or MORE sausage patty's or links [traditional sage] and when the wife wants to make them . Or fried , medium or loosely scrambled . Yep , eggs are good !!

years ago i used to drive by a Winchells , at the time they had a sign advertising 'bluebery fritters' . I'd get a dozen , eat most on my way to work at 7 in the morn . --------------------------- !!

Granny likes cheesecake w/ strawberries...

... Uncle Ferd likes fudge cake w/ ice cream...

... possum'll vote to indict ya fer a ham sammich.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks guys. After reading all the replies, I am now hungry. LOL! :lol:

After a night out and eating in a diner it's an Irish Breakfast

At Home, it's what I call "bachelor chow".

Take a starch (rice, pasta, polenta)
Cook said starch
fry some pre-cooked sausage and pre-cooked chicken
add some canned mushrooms
add some type of sauce
mix together
enjoy.

Soup. If not homemade, then tomato basil with a grilled cheese sandwich.

If homemade, why then, let me count the ways -

vegetable beef

IMGP0260 (2) (1024x822) (640x514) - Copy.jpg

or gumbo...

IMG_0739 (640x480) - Copy.jpg

or curried butternut squash and shrimp and over noodles...

IMG_1454 (1024x832) (640x520) - Copy - Copy.jpg

Sorry folks, that's all I had time to make today. :)

I thoroughly enjoy a simple plate of rigatoni topped with Prego traditional sauce. Forget the wine. Pasta always give me a thirsting for a tall glass of milk . A roll with butter on the side would be a nice touch but strictly optional.

For my family it's not a get together unless there is kielbasa and sauerkraut, cooked for hours. I know a lot of people that don't particularly care for either that have been hooked after one of my family get togethers.

Forum List

Back