Best frozen pizza?

RWS

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2013
I'm from Queens, NY, and grew up next to the best Sicilian pizza in the world, so I'm not going to discuss the best fresh pizza. But I am very curious what you like as the best frozen pizza, available in supermarkets and such!

To be fair with all the frozen pizzas, it has to be a cheese pizza, not something with toppings to mask the taste.

So far I like Amy's Margherita pizza 2nd, and Screaming Sicilian first (Bessie's Revenge all cheese pizza... really good). Both expensive for a frozen pizza, but well worth it.

And Tony's 5-cheese pizza is a close 3rd. Believe it or not... And cheap!

Aldi's carried some frozen pizza that had goat cheese and spinach and another one with pear and ricotta that was really good; but that was short lived. I haven't found any others that are frozen that are worth buying.

We've tried several. Digorno's is not bad, but will try the 3 you mentioned. I thought we had tried Screaming Sicilian but maybe not...

I'm from Queens, NY, and grew up next to the best Sicilian pizza in the world, so I'm not going to discuss the best fresh pizza. But I am very curious what you like as the best frozen pizza, available in supermarkets and such!

To be fair with all the frozen pizzas, it has to be a cheese pizza, not something with toppings to mask the taste.

So far I like Amy's Margherita pizza 2nd, and Screaming Sicilian first (Bessie's Revenge all cheese pizza... really good). Both expensive for a frozen pizza, but well worth it.

Best frozen pizza?

Pizza Hut ordered in Alaska in the middle of December...............

• Banned
That would be best frozen delivery person... lol

Maybe it could rival king crab fishing for "most dangerous job"... :)

Can someone order pizza with crab topping in Alaska?

• Banned
Palermo's Primo Thin. Just had it for the first time a few days ago. Surprisingly good.
I went to the store today and could not find that. I'll keep looking. It may be a regional thing, but I'll keep an eye out for it, thank you!

• Banned
`
`

I buy Tombstone frozen pizza's and doctor then up onions, mushrooms, extra cheese and sausage.

I actually like Tombstone for the flavor and I can see where you're going, but the crust is "no bueno". :)

1) freezing your own fresh pizza from scratch
2) freezing a pizzeria pizza
Think about it, for $5 would you want an american cheese tasting weird sauce cracker dough frozen pizza or a frozen Little Caesar pizza?
3) I've been buying the Walmart Great Value rising crust supreme pizza under $3 loaded toppings and sprucing it up slightly. Thick crust not a crisp cracker.

We've tried several. Digorno's is not bad, but will try the 3 you mentioned. I thought we had tried Screaming Sicilian but maybe not...

We did, but only Walmart carries it here and since we don't go there much at all, let alone for food...

We did, but only Walmart carries it here and since we don't go there much at all, let alone for food...
This is my Walmart shopping cart........

800x-1.jpg

New York pizza is the best. Chicago style comes close. Actually, I'll take either.

My fave frozen though is Trader Giotto's Handmade 4 Formaggi or Margherita. With frozen, I think price plays a part. Who would pay $12 for a frozen pizza, i.e. American Flatbread? It's around $7 - $8 or less.

The cracker-like crispy, thin crust of California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) frozen pizzas are nice, but their thin toppings don't have much flavor. I buy it if it's on sale. I like DiGiorno's and Freschetta after Trader Joe's. If there's nothing I recognize, then I'll settle for a Red Baron's, Tony's or Tombstone. There are so many frozen brands. But really, they're still frozen pizza. You expect some bland, cardboard, weird tastes. I'm looking forward to trying Whole Foods when I get a chance. Or can someone talk me into paying $12 for American Flatbread?

If you want something different from frozen, then try Chef Boyardee pizza kit. Takes a bit more time to make, but tasty. Better than buying those thick pre-made crusts. I'm used to making them rectangular and I won't tell if you add some fresh onions, mushrooms, cheese, olives, spinach, chicken and meat leftovers to it.

Thank you for the ideas. I'm going to check out Trader Joe's one of these days. I hear a lot of good things about that frozen pizza.

I like the idea of Chef Boyardee kit, and making it myself. But I do like a thicker crust, not grandma style pizza. If i find it, I will try it though. Thank you!!

Thank you for the ideas. I'm going to check out Trader Joe's one of these days. I hear a lot of good things about that frozen pizza.

I like the idea of Chef Boyardee kit, and making it myself. But I do like a thicker crust, not grandma style pizza. If i find it, I will try it though. Thank you!!

Just came back from a trip to NY last week, and missed out on the best pizza in the world because my flight was delayed and they closed...

This.... is the best pizza ever... Sicilian pie from the original Umberto's of New Hyde Park, NY. Their Neopolitan pies are not as good, but Sicilian... wow! I used to be able to walk there, and get a slice for $0.50.

Umberto's Pizzeria & Restaurant of New Hyde Park New York

I buy a freshly cooked pizza from a local grocery store called Big Y, and those are the BEST pizzas around. It only has to be heated up. It could give any restaurant a run for it's money.

25399693_GxfwDwF740v0V2LQ4ioXZvS0C9VwOGcr4TrX5Sxt1Y8.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: RWS
My own. I have tried frozen pizza and just can't seem to find something that doesn't taste like cardboard.

Tony's makes decent pizza. It's never great, but it's always pretty good.

Forum List

Back