Any Free Speech outrage about this campus event?

Yep. Everyone.

We're teaching our kids the opposite, from coast to coast.
Interesting part of the article is where it reports many students started chanting "Let him speak." Good for them.

Obviously you dont get the concept of free speech as pertains to the 1rst amendment. it doesnt mean you have to listen to someone or have a conversation.
Yup. I sure don't get it.
It also doesnt mean you have to be quiet when someone else speaks especially if you could give a fuck what they are talking about.

Obviously you dont get the concept of free speech as pertains to the 1rst amendment. it doesnt mean you have to listen to someone or have a conversation.
Yup. I sure don't get it.
It also doesnt mean you have to be quiet when someone else speaks especially if you could give a fuck what they are talking about.
I'm too dim to understand these sophisticated nuances.

Yep. Everyone.

I didn't. I taught my girls everything I could about right from wrong. One became a conservative and the other is still struggling to find her path. Interestingly enough the one that is struggling joined the military and dropped out of college. She has become very intolerant of others after her time in college.

You also don't get to prevent others from having a conversation or listening to a speaker.
I agree physically you dont. I didnt see anyone physically restraining people from listening to the speaker. They just chose to talk while the speaker was talking. No law against that.

Yep. Everyone.

To me, it's a glaring example of what you get from kids that their entire life have been told how special they are and probably never had to deal with contrary ideas. They don't know adversity... boy are they in for a surprise.

You also don't get to prevent others from having a conversation or listening to a speaker.
I agree physically you dont. I didnt see anyone physically restraining people from listening to the speaker. They just chose to talk while the speaker was talking. No law against that.

No, but it is disruptive and that is not consistent with allowing others to voice their opinion. It would be like me showing up at a BLM event with a bullhorn and proclaiming as loudly as I could the wonders of under water basket weaving.

Yep. Everyone.

To me, it's a glaring example of what you get from kids that their entire life have been told how special they are and probably never had to deal with contrary ideas. They don't know adversity... boy are they in for a surprise.
Its silly to listen to contrary ideas from people you dont respect. Has nothing to do with adversity.

No, but it is disruptive and that is not consistent with allowing others to voice their opinion. It would be like me showing up at a BLM event with a bullhorn and proclaiming as loudly as I could the wonders of under water basket weaving.
Of course its disruptive. That was the intention. No one stopped him from voicing his opinion. They just didnt want to hear it. I'm pretty sure if you showed up at a BLM event doing that it wouldnt be for long The same thing applies to those that did want to hear him. They should have found a way to make the disrupters stop.

If the administration had a backbone they'd have removed the idiots, of course we're talking academia so backbones aren't an option. And exactly how do you physically prevent someone from listening? Put your hands over their ears? Legally they could have been removed for interfering with a university sponsored event. But again, no backbone.

If the administration had a backbone they'd have removed the idiots, of course we're talking academia so backbones aren't an option. And exactly how do you physically prevent someone from listening? Put your hands over their ears? Legally they could have been removed for interfering with a university sponsored event. But again, no backbone.
Thats one thought.
You physically stuff cotton balls in the peoples ears so they cant hear. I saw no one doing that.
Thats the same thought as the first one.

Yep. Everyone.

Its silly to listen to contrary ideas from people you dont respect. Has nothing to do with adversity.

Good grief. They don't respect anybody, notably themselves.

Yep. Everyone.

I listen to people I don't respect all the time, helps me sharpen my responses. Of course when your entire discourse consists of sitting in the back of a room chanting slogans there's not much to sharpen.

New Topics

Forum List

Back