Anti-gun "March for our Lives" tmrw the 24th. 100s of armed ppl to protect marchers

I live in one of the two most educated and wealthiest regions of the country, in Northern Virginia, just outside of Washington, DC. I am literally surrounded by celebrities, congressmen and media stars.

:lol:

I live in Arlington, too.

But there are no "celebrities" here. There are rich businessmen, and there are politicians. Not celebrities.

Pfft. I don't live in Arlington. That would be slumming. :lmao:

Falls Church? Alexandria?

Do you really think that's any better?

No. No. And no.

So, Fairfax?

I guess that's a tiny little bit better than Arlington.

Or Loudon, I guess. But that's beginning to stretch the "just outside of DC" part.

I live in Arlington, too.

But there are no "celebrities" here. There are rich businessmen, and there are politicians. Not celebrities.

No. No. And no.

So, Fairfax?

Or Loudon, I guess. But that's beginning to stretch the "just outside of DC" part.

Not the way I drive.

No. No. And no.

So, Fairfax?

Not the way I drive.

Driving fast doesn't make Mastic Beach Long Island "just outside" of New York City.

I'm just saying, there are no "celebrities" here. The closest thing to a celebrity near who loves near here is Steve Bannon, or Jonathan Turley.

No. No. And no.

So, Fairfax?

Not the way I drive.

Driving fast doesn't make Mastic Beach Long Island "just outside" of New York City.

Relativity. The shortest distance between two points is fast.

Yeah...it is a thing....and our problem is that they want to take guns away from normal people while they have men with guns protecting their families....and the politicians get men with guns who are paid for by the very people they want to take guns away from......

I'm sure John Lennon wished he had an armed bodyguard.

Yeah...it is a thing....and our problem is that they want to take guns away from normal people while they have men with guns protecting their families....and the politicians get men with guns who are paid for by the very people they want to take guns away from......

Thirty-eight years ago sucker shootings were unexpected.

Or had a gun.

Armed cops will be there and of course politicians and celebs will have their armed bodyguards.

Congressional Democrats plan to join 'March for Our Lives' in Washington and at home

march 23 2018 Many of the Democrats who've been urging stricter gun control legislation will join throngs of students Saturday as they gather in Washington and elsewhere for the "March for Our Lives" demonstration.

The event is expected to the biggest yet in a string of rallies and protests nationwide since a gunman killed 17 people at a high school in Parkland, Florida, last month. The shooting sparked an unprecedented wave of student-led activism calling for more gun control and school safety measures.

Saturday's march, which starts at noon, come a day after Congress passed a massive spending bill that included a large measure to increase security at schools, as well as legislation that would better enforce reporting to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. The bill also aims to clarify that the Centers for Disease Control can conduct research on gun violence.

Are you dense? These kids are not protesting against armed guards.

They are protesting assault rifle extremists who have organized to control too many politicians that put assault rifle rights above school kids right to life.

Armed cops will be there and of course politicians and celebs will have their armed bodyguards.

Congressional Democrats plan to join 'March for Our Lives' in Washington and at home

march 23 2018 Many of the Democrats who've been urging stricter gun control legislation will join throngs of students Saturday as they gather in Washington and elsewhere for the "March for Our Lives" demonstration.

The event is expected to the biggest yet in a string of rallies and protests nationwide since a gunman killed 17 people at a high school in Parkland, Florida, last month. The shooting sparked an unprecedented wave of student-led activism calling for more gun control and school safety measures.

Saturday's march, which starts at noon, come a day after Congress passed a massive spending bill that included a large measure to increase security at schools, as well as legislation that would better enforce reporting to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. The bill also aims to clarify that the Centers for Disease Control can conduct research on gun violence.

They are protesting assault rifle extremists who have organized to control too many politicians that put assault rifle rights above school kids right to life.

What about the president and compliant Sheriff's department that put the rule of law out the window?

The AR-15 rifle, the rifle they are bitching about, is not an Assault rifle.....it has never been used by the military, has never been used in war...

There are 8 million AR-15 civilian rifles in civilian hands....the number of people murdered with the AR-15 rifle is less than the number of people murdered with knives, clubs and empty hands....and as far as mass public shootings go...more people are killed by lawn mowers than in all but one year of mass public shootings....that is 35 years of mass public shootings...

Lawn mowers are more dangerous than AR-15 rifles...do you want to ban them?

ShootSpeeders, post: 19570855
When the guns are gone, everything is gone.

Fully automatic weapons are gone. Everything is not gone. Why such a flare for the overly dramatic?

When the government takes away the guns, the people become murder victims of criminals and the government.....we see this throughout history...and government murders by the millions......

Wait until these idiots get the guns banned from the cops too.

kenny-powers-gun-dancing.gif

Political statement brought to you by the same folks
who want Government to control their right to free choice!

Makes a lot of sense, right?

Basically the liberals who don't believe the Constitution establishes
natural rights and limits on govt, want to legislate MORE laws to
protect their rights they don't believe exist without govt intervention.

They want to legislate for other people because
they don't feel secure or equal in their rights without imposing more laws on others.

Conservatives who believe that natural laws and rights exist inherently
see and enforce these rights as the Default condition. Not as depending on govt.

So we have the equivalent of Atheists trying to add more rules or laws
to the Bible (which they don't even believe in) because they fear
the Bible will be abused if additional clauses and restrictions aren't added and specified.

While believers in the Bible (and Constitution) argue that if you
teach and enforce the laws already given, these already check against abuses
and no further laws are needed!

So if people don't believe in the authority of the Bible to check the church laws against abuses
or in the authority of the Constitution to check state laws against abuses,
then separate funding and jurisdiction.
Don't force people to fund public schools, then argue when your beliefs differ
and you don't want to fund each other's policies. SEPARATE.

If you don't want guns in schools, allow people to decide what schools and policies
to fund and SEPARATE. whoever wants prayers can have that.
whoever wants to teach same sex marriage and transgender as natural, teach that.

So silly. Either agree on common policies or agree to separate funding
so people can manage their own programs under their own terms!!

2aguy, post: 19571211
When the government takes away the guns, the people become murder victims of criminals and the government.....we see this throughout history...and government murders by the millions......

So you are incapable of responding to a specific point. Why us that?

The government here has taken away your machine guns. But the government has not murdered anyone since then.

78% of adult Americans do not own guns. 3% of all adult Americans own half the guns.

That three percent are not keeping our government from murdering millions of us.

Get over yourself. Your reduculous obsession does nothing for the unarmed,

These kids are exposing your fantasies and self delusion.

2aguy, post: 19571211

So you are incapable of responding to a specific point. Why us that?

The government here has taken away your machine guns. But the government has not murdered anyone since then.

78% of adult Americans do not own guns. 3% of all adult Americans own half the guns.

That three percent are not keeping our government from murdering millions of us.

Get over yourself. Your reduculous obsession does nothing for the unarmed,

These kids are exposing your fantasies and self delusion.

Dear NotfooledbyW
It's not a matter of percentages but defending a defining principle.
The arguments defending prochoice are similar; even though only
a percentage of women actually go through abortion, the principle
of govt not criminalizing and violating DUE PROCESS was at stake.

With the right to bear arms, it's the principle that is sacred to defend.
The 2nd Amendment is part of a historic set of laws, the Bill of Rights
which are to the Constitution what the 10 Commandments are in the Bible.

the whole of the law includes not to deprive citizens of life liberty
or property without due process, without first being convicted of
a crime for which the law prescribes certain losses of liberty.

This principle is sacred in both the gun and abortion rights arguments.
Both become "symbolic" in defending the rights of individuals from
political oppression or abuse of collective govt power.

So that principle is what is being challenged and defended here.

It isn't a matter of how many guns or how many abortions.
If govt is abused to violate due process, that puts the integrity
of our founding principles and govt at stake based on the authority of the people
which govt is supposed to represent and answer to, not the other way around.

Forum List

Back