Anti-gun "March for our Lives" tmrw the 24th. 100s of armed ppl to protect marchers

There is no point to the march. These are stupid drunken teenagers who think that demanding "somebody do something" will solve the problem of gun violence.

Organizing a voting bloc to prove fools like you are wrong is point enough for me.

They do not call for banning all guns anyway.

That is paranoia on your part.

Cars are essential to our economic survival. We all know the risks when we go out on the highway.

No one is talking about banning all cars but shouldn't we ban assault vehicles? Why do we let people have cars that do TWICE the maximum legal speed. THINK

HAHAHA This idiot thinks voting is a constitutional right!!! Gun ownership is but NOT voting, you fool.

What gives you the right to vote? Aesop's Fables?

Why did men have the right to vote before women did in 1919?

You are a moron.

Passed by Congress June 4, 1919, and ratified on August 18, 1920, the 19th amendment guarantees all American women the right to vote.Sep 8, 2016
19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Women's Right to ...
National Archives | › historical-docs

Why did the Constitution need to be amended in 1919?

The US Constitution stated in Amendment XV, which was ratified by the states in 1870: "Section 1. The rightof citizens of the United States to voteshall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.S

How big a fool do you feel like right now?

ShootSpeeders, post: 19577668
That's for sure. You lefties will let the govt still have millions of guns !!!

I trust the government having guns much more than I would trust bands of civilian yahoos running around in the woods thinking they are the last defense of American liberty for the 3/4 of Americans that don't own a single gun.

Who knows when one of your ranks goes off.

HAHAHA This idiot thinks voting is a constitutional right!!! Gun ownership is but NOT voting, you fool.

The US Constitution stated in Amendment XV, which was ratified by the states in 1870: "Section 1. The rightof citizens of the United States to voteshall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.S

Are 5 year old kids allowed to vote.?? There are many restrictions on who can vote. THINK

I trust the government having guns much more than I would trust bands of civilian yahoos running around in the woods thinking they are the last defense of American liberty for the 3/4 of Americans that don't own a single gun.

Well then, you're stupid. Govt is pure evil.

HenryBHough, post: 19575900
Americans who want guns outlawed want to live in a dictatorship where they shut up and suck up or mysteriously vanish. They just don't know that yet. But they will.

You are a fool if you believe that. Only 3% of American adults own half the guns. But 78% of adult Americans don't even own guns. It must a fraction of a percent of American adults that carry a loaded firearm on them every minute of the day.

There aren't enough of you assault rifle extremists to stop a dictatorship from taking hold here. Your paranoia is inversely proportional to your numbers.

Besides how many free countries exist in the world where it's adults don't get to play with assault rifles as if they were nothing but harmless little toys.

Get over yourself. You protect the vast majority of of us from nothing except what you dream up in your paranoid fantasies.

Fool?

Me?

When it's you who's jonesing to live under the heel of a dictator.

emilynghiem, post: 19575020 ][Banning assault rifles will work when these students momentum carries into the voting booths.
Voting is a Constitutional right. That right should settle this.
March into the voting booths. That's as American as it gets. And truth and facts are on these marchers' side.

Dear ShootSpeeders
You and NotfooledbyW are talking about both things going on at the same time. I'm surprised you disagree instead of agree!

1. NFbW is talking about Voting Rights which of course means eligible citizens:
Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

2. You are talking about how underaged "citizens" don't get to vote, like 5 year olds.

(Maybe we do need to make a distinction here with citizens who can be held legally responsible for their decisions. As I believe the 2nd Amendment should be more clearly interpreted as "law abiding citizens" being "the people" so this law is not miscontrued to give anyone the right to abuse arms for unlawful purposes of violating due process, security or equal protection of law rights or freedoms of otheres.)

Since your exception to "voting rights" as in #2 is like the argument that there ARE regulations and restrictions on arms already, why aren't you AGREEING that certain conditions put on "voting or gun rights" CAN be legislated BY AGREEMENT and that DOESN'T violate the amendments on these rights?

If people DON'T agree to the proposed conditions, then they argue these go too far and violate either the gun rights or voting rights, or the DUE PROCESS concept of depriving liberty without first convicting someone of an offense that merits such restrictions. They may call this discrimination, or "no taxation without representation" if it involves paying fines or higher costs they don't agree with, but basically the opponents are saying NO WE DON'T CONSENT TO THAT LAW as written.

Instead of arguing if it's unconstitutional or not, why not address the problems and objections, and resolve the CAUSE of the dispute over that law?

ShootSpeeders as for 5 year olds, they don't have the ability to consent yet. Yes, the arguments have been made to base this determination of legal competency on a person's tested ability and maturity, and not just based on chronological age. After all, we have 18 years olds who have served in locally elected civic positions, while some of the adults here act middle school!

That's another reason I am suggesting that we organize civic programs by party, set up campus networks, and allow mentors and interns to train community residents in learning, exercising and enforcing laws in action. No matter what people's ages or beliefs, we should be able to accommodate all people WITHOUT imposing one group's standards on others. Let each district structure and manage their own programs through schools, churches, businesses, civic and nonprofit groups, and encourage citizens of all ages to participate at whatever level they belong.

Even if you can't vote, you should be able to have representation through the community programs and people around you.

We can organize this through schools. And part of the education SHOULD be to learn due process, and limits on govt, so we don't waste time energy or resources fighting to impose or defend one view from infringement by any other. Part of the civics training should be in diversity management, conflict resolution, and consensus decision making so all people of all beliefs and groups can be included equally without conflict, even if it means separating funding and jurisdiction so people manage their own programs!

Well then, you're stupid. Govt is pure evil.

???

ShootSpeeders

Is military part of Govt?
So all military is evil too?
You know that the internet that allows us to share freely by freedom of speech and of the press, and to petition each other as people (ie the Government if you take people to be the Govt) for redress of grievances CAME FROM the military right?

Are people evil? So when people make up the Govt, the Govt is as corrupt and evil as people are? Totally selfish and greedy for power, right?

I'd say yes and no.
People are "not angels" and so govt cannot be trusted either.

But that's why the Constitution lays out checks and limits on govt.
So we have a SYSTEM of due process to object, reform or correct
what we see is a problem with Govt policy or abuses of power.

When Govt DOES follow and enforce the Constitutional principles
correctly, do you agree that Govt is NOT evil but doing the right thing?

See the Code of Ethics for Govt Service Public Law 96-303
www.ethics-commission.net
This set of principles was passed UNANIMOUSLY by Congress in 1980.

I believe these articles are well-written almost as divinely inspired and universally applicable as the Bill of Rights which I hold to an even higher level.

Would you agree that Govt produced something GOOD not evil
by establishing the Code of Ethics in writing?

How can something GOOD come from something purely evil?
Sure it is both capable of good AND evil.

Do you agree that the point is to check the system,
use it properly so it does follow Constitutional principles
and process and protect the best interests of the people
the Govt is supposed to reflect the consent and authority of?

Forum List

Back