Another Win For AOC!

Another idiot that think "New York would pay" for those jobs.
Yes, $3 Billion in tax breaks and subsidies.

You’re not smart.

Tax breaks? So when Amazon canceled the NY HQ, they received a 100% tax break from NYC.

Sweet!

I've asked this before........no answer. I don't really expect one this time either.

So it's OK to expect taxpayers to help pay for a private businesses costs?

How much does NYC collect now from the Amazon HQ?
Would they collect more or less in the future?

It's improper to answer a question with a question especially when you are trying to avoid the question.

Cutting Amazon's tax rate in half, for instance, to get the HQ, isn't going to cause taxpayers to help pay for private business costs.

Welfare for Amazon is good. Welfare for a single working mom is bad. I don't get it.

Ah...because if the single working mom gets a job at Amazon she won't NEED welfare anymore? Duh?

She can't do that unless the taxpayers build Amazon a building? Without this, Amazon is just going to go out of business?

Starting pay at Amazon is $11. Do you really think this is going to get her out of poverty?

This was going to be an Amazon headquarters...not one of it's distribution centers. It would have meant good paying jobs. The kind that people raise a family on! Duh?

1500 jobs versus 25,000...….victory!!!
How much was New York going to have to pay for each of those 25k jobs, dope? Maybe you should go refresh your memory. :laugh:

they’re not paying a dime per job for those 1500 - to start, with more to come.

How much was New York going to have to pay for each of those 25k jobs

As in, writing a check to Amazon? Zero.
Oh, you’re going to be stupid?

The cost per employee from the $3 BILLION in subsidies New York WAS going to pay before AOC derailed it.

Like the disastrous $4.5B FoxConn deal that Scott Walker and Donald Trump put together. EACH job cost $219,000 in tax breaks and other incentives. Because they suck at business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-06/inside-wisconsin-s-disastrous-4-5-billion-deal-with-foxconn

Most of it was tax breaks, so the City still has their unsustainable overhead, but has to forego 25,000 new jobs

[/QUOTE]

She didn't force any "No".

Amazon simply changed mind and gave up.[/QUOTE]

I cannot discuss this with YOU because I am

anti Semantic

Moi :26:

no_canada.jpg

Welfare for Amazon is good. Welfare for a single working mom is bad. I don't get it.

Ah...because if the single working mom gets a job at Amazon she won't NEED welfare anymore? Duh?

She can't do that unless the taxpayers build Amazon a building? Without this, Amazon is just going to go out of business?

Starting pay at Amazon is $11. Do you really think this is going to get her out of poverty?

This was going to be an Amazon headquarters...not one of it's distribution centers. It would have meant good paying jobs. The kind that people raise a family on! Duh?

Right. 25,000 good paying headquarters jobs? Do you really believe this? Seriously?

How much was New York going to have to pay for each of those 25k jobs, dope? Maybe you should go refresh your memory. :laugh:

You’re not smart.

No, New York would not pay anything. The proposed tax incentives means New York would collect less for period of time in order to bring those jobs to New York.
Collect less? How does your family budget do when you ‘collect less’? Dumbass, city services still have to be paid for. NYC was going to have to invest in infrastructure at the site where Amazon was going to build. They listed all the new expenses.......oh, why the fuck am I bothering to give a Trumpanzee facts?

The cost per employee from the $3 BILLION in subsidies New York WAS going to pay before AOC derailed it.

Like the disastrous $4.5B FoxConn deal that Scott Walker and Donald Trump put together. EACH job cost $219,000 in tax breaks and other incentives. Because they suck at business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-06/inside-wisconsin-s-disastrous-4-5-billion-deal-with-foxconn

What form did the $3 billion take? Be specific.
Do your own homework Mary.

How is AOC responsible?

Forcing a "No" with gov't handout.
Now it is Amazon without any handouts.

Did I type slow enough for you?

Moi :26:

She didn't force any "No".

Amazon simply changed mind and gave up.
Suuuure she didn’t.

She was yapping, as she normally do, giving whole thing just bad publicity. Decision was solely on NY admin and Amazon. Nothing to do with the horse face.
The bad publicity was due to AOC.
The bad publicity squelched the deal.

Thank you, ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ!!!

What form did the $3 billion take? Be specific.
Do your own homework Mary.

I guess I'll just mock your non-specific idiocy.

You’re not smart.

Tax breaks? So when Amazon canceled the NY HQ, they received a 100% tax break from NYC.

Sweet!
You’re a dumbass, and you also know you have zero legitimate arguments in this thread. I know this because you didn’t address the FoxxCon post I directed straight at you. Coward.

I look forward to her first term as POTUS in the near future.

Amazon is STILL coming to New York without a single gummint handout.

View attachment 293585

So she was against Amazon before she was for Amazon?

Wonder how much $ they promised her? :laughing0301:
It's amazing how you totally miss the point. It had nothing to do with Amazon per se, it was the tax breaks that NY would have had to absorb. Either you knew that already or you are just not very bright.
He’s not very bright.

You’re not smart.

Sweet!
You’re a dumbass, and you also know you have zero legitimate arguments in this thread. I know this because you didn’t address the FoxxCon post I directed straight at you. Coward.

I'll bet you think 0% of Amazon's HQ2 spending at NYC's standard tax rate is better than 100% of Amazon's HQ2 spending at a discounted tax rate......moron.

You’re not smart.

Sweet!

I've asked this before........no answer. I don't really expect one this time either.

That hasn’t been calculated yet. They just rented the 335,000 space yesterday. But they will pay taxes instead of not paying taxes. And in the future? They’ll still be paying taxes. :laugh:

C07DC833-FFD0-42AC-AFFF-D251F339C8DA.jpeg

You’re not smart.

Sweet!

The taxpayers would pay nothing. New York would collect less in taxes.
Holy shit you’re stupid. I may have to block you.

...and why is welfare good for a $trillion dollar company?

A better question is...why is welfare better for anyone instead of a good paying job? Duh?
Stick to the topic of the thread, which is corporate welfare for Amazon.

You’re not smart.

Sweet!

That hasn’t been calculated yet. They just rented the 335,000 space yesterday. But they will pay taxes instead of not paying taxes. And in the future? They’ll still be paying taxes. :laugh:

View attachment 293754

That hasn’t been calculated yet. They just rented the 335,000 space yesterday.

They aren't using that space for their HQ2.

Are you reading the thread or aren’t you?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

$217,000 per job. Why should Wisconsin or New York pay that?

And that’s at $3 Billion in incentives. The NYC deal was expected to be $6 Billion.

Forum List

Back