Another Win For AOC!

Welfare for Amazon is good. Welfare for a single working mom is bad. I don't get it.

Ah...because if the single working mom gets a job at Amazon she won't NEED welfare anymore? Duh?
...and why is welfare good for a $trillion dollar company?

A better question is...why is welfare better for anyone instead of a good paying job? Duh?
Stick to the topic of the thread, which is corporate welfare for Amazon.

You on the left are SO worried that a corporation might make a profit (OMG!!!) that you'll let thousands of people remain on welfare rather than have a good paying job!
Once again you fail to address the corporate welfare.

Oh, it was up to $6 BILLION!

And Toddsterpatriot looks even more like an imbecile.

Says the imbecile who thinks no taxes and no jobs is better than jobs and some taxes. DURR
Is $217,000 per job a good deal for Wisconsin?

Business incentives

Is this a good deal for New York state?
I think your link is broken.

Worked for me.

upload_2019-12-7_23-13-23.png

Business incentives

How did donkeyface bring Trump and the GOP into the war between Leftie owned and run Amazon vs radical Leftists bullying a corporation in the state of NY that is governed by uber liberals again?

Another idiot that think "New York would pay" for those jobs.
Yes, $3 Billion in tax breaks and subsidies.

You’re not smart.

Tax breaks? So when Amazon canceled the NY HQ, they received a 100% tax break from NYC.

Sweet!

I've asked this before........no answer. I don't really expect one this time either.

So it's OK to expect taxpayers to help pay for a private businesses costs?

The taxpayers would pay nothing. New York would collect less in taxes.

This has been covered many times already and ignored by you so I really would not expect anything different this time either.

It has been covered many times, and every time you were wrong. You're sticking to your opinion like a fly to the shit.

1500 jobs versus 25,000...….victory!!!
How much was New York going to have to pay for each of those 25k jobs, dope? Maybe you should go refresh your memory. :laugh:

they’re not paying a dime per job for those 1500 - to start, with more to come.

Another idiot that think "New York would pay" for those jobs.
Yes, $3 Billion in tax breaks and subsidies.

You’re not smart.

No, New York would not pay anything. The proposed tax incentives means New York would collect less for period of time in order to bring those jobs to New York.
Collect less? How does your family budget do when you ‘collect less’? Dumbass, city services still have to be paid for. NYC was going to have to invest in infrastructure at the site where Amazon was going to build. They listed all the new expenses.......oh, why the fuck am I bothering to give a Trumpanzee facts?

Without Amazon HQ deal, there are no jobs, no investment, no taxes to the city from business or payroll taxes. Zero. You got that, right?

With Amazon HQ deal, Amazon build the HQ, they pay for the HQ. What infrastructure you're talking about? Making an intersection to enter Amazon parking lot? Everything behind that point is at the cost of Amazon.

With Amazon deal, NY would still collect taxes, just for certain period of time (lets say 10 years) it would be reduced. So Instead of collecting $10B, they would give them tax incentive and collect $7B. There is no money out of taxpayers pockets. After 10 years, Amazon would pay full tax. Payroll taxes from 25K people are always there.

Tell me, how much money taxpayers would have to pay out of their pockets to get Amazon HQ in New York?

And to answer your question from the beginning of the post. If I have no income, I got nothing in my family budget. Zero. You got that, right? Tell me, how much money is in your family budget if you have no income?

Someone offers me a job, but will start matching my 401k after two years, whatever I make from that job brings to my family budget ore than I have without a job. Plus, after two years, I got extra into my 401k.

Last edited:
I look forward to her first term as POTUS in the near future.

Amazon is STILL coming to New York without a single gummint handout.

View attachment 293585

Good, this garbage of giving big business big tax breaks or big discounts on land etc should stop.

I'm glad to see Amazon won't be getting any special treatment.

If a company wants to expand and build then they should do it the right way, without any special treatment from the government.

How much was New York going to have to pay for each of those 25k jobs, dope? Maybe you should go refresh your memory. :laugh:

How much was New York going to have to pay for each of those 25k jobs

As in, writing a check to Amazon? Zero.
Oh, you’re going to be stupid?

The cost per employee from the $3 BILLION in subsidies New York WAS going to pay before AOC derailed it.

Like the disastrous $4.5B FoxConn deal that Scott Walker and Donald Trump put together. EACH job cost $219,000 in tax breaks and other incentives. Because they suck at business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-06/inside-wisconsin-s-disastrous-4-5-billion-deal-with-foxconn

The kicker in that is Foxconn didn't build and create all those jobs they got for all that corporate welfare trump and walker gave them.

They got to keep all that money but didn't create the jobs.

Last edited:
Oh, it was up to $6 BILLION!

And Toddsterpatriot looks even more like an imbecile.

Says the imbecile who thinks no taxes and no jobs is better than jobs and some taxes. DURR

Business incentives

Worked for me.

View attachment 293787

Business incentives
Ok, what point were you struggling to make?

How much was New York going to have to pay for each of those 25k jobs

As in, writing a check to Amazon? Zero.
Oh, you’re going to be stupid?

The cost per employee from the $3 BILLION in subsidies New York WAS going to pay before AOC derailed it.

Like the disastrous $4.5B FoxConn deal that Scott Walker and Donald Trump put together. EACH job cost $219,000 in tax breaks and other incentives. Because they suck at business.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-06/inside-wisconsin-s-disastrous-4-5-billion-deal-with-foxconn

The kicker in that is Foxconn didn't build and create all those jobs they got for all that corporate welfare trump and walker gave them.

How much money did they get? Link?

Business incentives

Worked for me.

View attachment 293787

Business incentives

New York has been giving incentives to companies since before dummy was slinging drinks to college kids.

Business incentives

Worked for me.

View attachment 293787

Business incentives

New York has been giving incentives to companies since before dummy was slinging drinks to college kids.

And it needs to stop.

Cortez says keep your apple orchards and she runs around picking up a few dropped apples and calls that a "victory".
I call it settling for horse shit when you could have had the whole horse

"Save public billions"

LOL

By not making any money?

Lets see how this work in your head.

You got no job, and your income is zero.

Company offers you a job for $70K a year, but you want $100K.

Company refuse and offers job to someone else.

By your logic, even without job, with zero income, by not taking a job you saved yourself $30K. You're moron.

Last edited:

"Save public billions"

LOL

By not making any money?

They are moving there are they not? This is what will happen if people quit giving into the blackmail. This is how Capitalism is supposed to work?

Moving HQ? Nope.

Amazon is actually using capitalism to their advantage.

They put a bid out for a new HQ and they let states compete for their business. States with high taxes have disadvantage. If they still want the HQ, they have to lower taxes.

Forum List

Back