Another take on Obama's gay marriage stance.

One of my brothers had an interesting take on President Obama's "evolving" to endorse gay marriage: making this announcement goes to prevent a third party candidate from forming, as the issue essentially sets up a "for or against" wedge with no middle ground. So you already have Romney's "against" and Obama's "for".....and that puts Ron Paul between a rock and a hard place as a potential "king maker" in the GOP (releasing his delegates to Romney at the upcoming GOP Caucus), as the "against" crowd would depend upon State government to alter their Constitutions to prevent gay marriage, and the "for" crowd would depend upon the Federal government to override individual State rulings.

But I note that the kicker is the President's statement means little, being that any pro-gay marriage bills would stall in either the House or the Senate, and the Democrats are NOT united on this issue. Since there is no bill to date on Capitol Hill that would ban gay marriage in America, Obama has nothing to veto.

At most, Obama may solidify enough votes to off set the 30 states that have passed anti-gay marriage laws on this issue.....and I seriously doubt that he's going to lose significant voting numbers because of this. Time will tell....and indeed we are witnessing interesting times!

So you think that he evolved to support gay marriage because he wanted to empower Ron Paul in the Republican primary rather than see Ron Paul become a third party candidate?

Nope. Didn't say or imply that. Obviously, you don't understand what you are reading. Read it again, and notice the word PREVENT.

You do realize that Romney has the delegates without Ron Paul's to get the nomination, right? I would certainly welcome him supporting Romney (Though im not sure he ever would) but even if he did, he wouldnt be a Kingmaker. Romney already has the needed delegates and the primaries arent over. He will pick up more.

You do realize that we're talking about acutal voting support for the run for Presidency. And Paul essentially stuck out the primary to the bitter end with a sizeable amount of delegate endorsements, right? Once Romney is nominated, he's going to need all the help he can get, right? So saying "he will pick up more" and then saying he doesn't need Paul voters is a bit absurd.

And isnt the big theory that Ron Paul going third party hurts Romney? Are you suggesting that Obama worries about it more?

Yes and possibly.

Unless you're Gary Johnson who believes it is an issue of Civil Rights and should not be left to the states...

Wouldn't that violate the Libertarian credo of very little gov't interference in our lives?

Making sure a group of people enjoy the same rights as others? Hmmmm... I don't think so...

Really? Because to ensure that each State follows that edict, you would need FEDERAL LAW and ENFORCEMENT to guarantee such. So as usual, you have a libertarian conundrum.

obama's support of same sex marriage might just cost him the election. The old reliable black vote seems to be frittering away. He's losing in spite of having strong armed the NAACP to support him. It's only hur the NAACP.

Iowa NAACP leader quits over same-sex marriage flap : Quad-City Times: Quad Cities, IA/IL

Of course this is Iowa a state that already had gay marriage shoved onto them and resented it ever since.

Newsflash for ya, Katz....since there is no federal law regarding gay marriage, it was Iowans who "shoved" gay marriage onto their own populace.

And as for that ONE NAACP LOCAL leader, he's not the entire organization.

I agree that Obama will lose some black endorsements because of his declaration, but it will be negligible.

One of my brothers had an interesting take on President Obama's "evolving" to endorse gay marriage: making this announcement goes to prevent a third party candidate from forming, as the issue essentially sets up a "for or against" wedge with no middle ground. So you already have Romney's "against" and Obama's "for".....and that puts Ron Paul between a rock and a hard place as a potential "king maker" in the GOP (releasing his delegates to Romney at the upcoming GOP Caucus), as the "against" crowd would depend upon State government to alter their Constitutions to prevent gay marriage, and the "for" crowd would depend upon the Federal government to override individual State rulings.

But I note that the kicker is the President's statement means little, being that any pro-gay marriage bills would stall in either the House or the Senate, and the Democrats are NOT united on this issue. Since there is no bill to date on Capitol Hill that would ban gay marriage in America, Obama has nothing to veto.

At most, Obama may solidify enough votes to off set the 30 states that have passed anti-gay marriage laws on this issue.....and I seriously doubt that he's going to lose significant voting numbers because of this. Time will tell....and indeed we are witnessing interesting times!

So you think that he evolved to support gay marriage because he wanted to empower Ron Paul in the Republican primary rather than see Ron Paul become a third party candidate?

You do realize that Romney has the delegates without Ron Paul's to get the nomination, right? I would certainly welcome him supporting Romney (Though im not sure he ever would) but even if he did, he wouldnt be a Kingmaker. Romney already has the needed delegates and the primaries arent over. He will pick up more.

And isnt the big theory that Ron Paul going third party hurts Romney? Are you suggesting that Obama worries about it more?

Maybe it is because there is a book coming out that claims Obama had homosexual sex while doing cocaine, and he wants to introduce the idea before people start reading the book?

No, but he did refer to Obama once by the "N-Word".

Then he tried to play it off like he was "just kidding".

I thought that word was "cool" to use when actin' gangsta.

Oh, are we back to that tired excuse for racism?

One of the biggest racists that I have ever seen is in the white house. He is a fraud, a liar, and a cheat, and all you can come up with is: someone called him a "bad" name. I didn't hear it. I did not see the conversation written. I do not know what context it was used. There is no civility coming from the white house. There is a "hit" on a man who claims self defense in the killing of a black man. There are black mobs in many cities, randomly beating and killing "whites". The white house is silent, no calls for civility, just stirring the pot. If you want to talk about "racism", let's talk about who displays more racism.

I thought that word was "cool" to use when actin' gangsta.

One of the biggest racists that I have ever seen is in the white house. He is a fraud, a liar, and a cheat, and all you can come up with is: someone called him a "bad" name. I didn't hear it. I did not see the conversation written. I do not know what context it was used. There is no civility coming from the white house. There is a "hit" on a man who claims self defense in the killing of a black man. There are black mobs in many cities, randomly beating and killing "whites". The white house is silent, no calls for civility, just stirring the pot. If you want to talk about "racism", let's talk about who displays more racism.

Yawn.... I'm getting this image of you sitting behind your computer with a Confederate Flag on the wall like that's something to be proud of.

The context of the person using the "N-Word" was an ex-boss who you claimed wasn't an asshole, even though you never worked for the man. I did. He was an asshole. He fired people when they got sick, abused the minority and female employees under his supervision.

And he thought Mitt Romney would make a wonderful president in 2008. I'm sure he supports him now.

But you'll whine because, hey, Obama expressed an opinion that a ex-bouncer shooting an unarmed black kid and getting a pass for it was a bad thing. Yup.

Yawn.... I'm getting this image of you sitting behind your computer with a Confederate Flag on the wall like that's something to be proud of.

The context of the person using the "N-Word" was an ex-boss who you claimed wasn't an asshole, even though you never worked for the man. I did. He was an asshole. He fired people when they got sick, abused the minority and female employees under his supervision.

And he thought Mitt Romney would make a wonderful president in 2008. I'm sure he supports him now.

But you'll whine because, hey, Obama expressed an opinion that a ex-bouncer shooting an unarmed black kid and getting a pass for it was a bad thing. Yup.

Way to ignore the fraud! He will not document his past. His law license was revoked for incorrectly filling out personal information (fraud). He uses Kenya as a birthplace when it is convenient (never corrected the cover of his first book?) The man has less classs than women in the ME. And you will give him a "pass" because you think Bernie Madoff was a "good guy"? And you will whine because Romney said a word you don't like?

Way to ignore the fraud! He will not document his past. His law license was revoked for incorrectly filling out personal information (fraud). He uses Kenya as a birthplace when it is convenient (never corrected the cover of his first book?) The man has less classs than women in the ME. And you will give him a "pass" because you think Bernie Madoff was a "good guy"? And you will whine because Romney said a word you don't like?

birther+is+kenyan+for+idiot.jpg

Yeah, ignore the fact that the man allows other people to say he was born in Kenya; he does not correct them. Ignore the fact that the man is a fraud. Ignore the man is encouraging black on white crime by not prosecuting black mobs that are targeting whites. Ignore that he went to law school but had his law license revoked due to fraud (he was not truthful). It must be that "I" am a racist.... Sounds like a one D ten T problem.

AS you've surmised, there's nothing "logical" about this cretin.....which is why I have him on IA. He just craves attention in order to platform his racist rants and teabagger tirades. Ignore him and you have an easier time on these boards.

AS you've surmised, there's nothing "logical" about this cretin.....which is why I have him on IA. He just craves attention in order to platform his racist rants and teabagger tirades. Ignore him and you have an easier time on these boards.

Please, feel free to quote me on a "racist" rant. I would love to see it. And your guy is the one that is claiming his wife is not a teabagger.... goes back to that no class statement.

Please refer to my thread at conspiracy theories, "Joe Biden outing of Obama was a staged event, which anticipated Bullygate." The Democrats knew Romney was going to have to answer, to his prep school antics, and so they had to cleverly endorse same-sex marriage, immediately.

Both Democrats and Republicans likely knew about the Bullygate story, as far back as August 13, 2011, when Michelle Bachmann was photographed, deep-throating a giant corn-dog. Hey, there's MEAT in there. By the time Bullygate was up, in the Washington Post, the Democrats had to belatedly endorse some kind of equality, or they'd look like crap, which they are.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...staged-event-which-anticipated-bullygate.html

]

Yeah, ignore the fact that the man allows other people to say he was born in Kenya; he does not correct them. Ignore the fact that the man is a fraud. Ignore the man is encouraging black on white crime by not prosecuting black mobs that are targeting whites. Ignore that he went to law school but had his law license revoked due to fraud (he was not truthful). It must be that "I" am a racist.... Sounds like a one D ten T problem.

Okay, let's take these one at a time.

The book jacket.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Sorry, it was someone else's error.

Which "black mobs" is he ignoring? It's really not his job to prosecute crimes.

His law license being revoked? Utter bullshit.

snopes.com: Barack and Michelle Obama's Law Licenses

So does that prove you are a racist? Well, it proves that you spend an inordinate amount of time researching crazy stuff.

There are a lot of good reasons to criticize Obama's handling of the presidency (although, none good enough to want to put Mitt Romney and his Mormon Mafia in charge.)

Forum List

Back