Animal Rights, Yes or No

SoggyDiaper said:
Bitch, a determined human is going to take out a hippopotamus regardless of the breed. We ARE the top of the fucking food chain, for christs sakes. You really are a masterpiece in stupidity.

:rofl:

PETA building in Norfolk, Va.......

150777332_a5c7f74395.jpg

yup.. in THAT case, the opposable thumb comes in handy when holding the tool necessary to kill the animal.

Stringing you along sure is fun!

:lol:

you know.. since hippos have yet to keep humanity in check!

:lol::lol:

Shog probably bought a small, weakish dog for just this eventuality. Now if he'd have bought a rotty or a german shepard, he wouldn't last 2 minutes.

I have a Beagle. Her name is Sealy. She is so funny. Barks for food because she always gets her way. And then people feel sorry for her when I tell her to shut up. Like she knows that word is offensive. I could say YOU ARE PRETTY in the same tone and it would mean the same thing to her.

She goes around to neighbors because the give her treats. She'll stare at them through their doorwalls to see if they are eating. Just like her liberal dad, always looking for a free handout. LOL.

My parents spoil her too. When I go on trips, they watch her. She NEVER wants to leave. I practically have to drag her out. But then she doesn't get to sleep in the bed over there and they don't scratch her because the don't want the hairs flying.

One time 4 monster dogs saw us and came charging. I froze. When they surrounded me, my only concern was Sealy. She was already back by the car, about a mile away. So much for loyalty. But she's smart. I'll give her that. LOL. The little bitch left me hanging.

in regards to human vs an animal?
welcome to the club, dude. Might does make right.

again...i'm not interested in any club that would have the doeton as a membership...

but when Ravi comes over beats your small weakish mutt to into bloody pulp are you going to cry because your property was damaged?

or because you think the small weakish mutt might have FEELINGS?

Because the property was damaged...because "feelings" have nothing to do with crime. You can't criminally hurt someone's feelings by beating them to death. Beating a person to death is committing murder. Beating an animal to death is property destruction, and perhaps animal cruelty.

Animals are not people. A right is a concept conceived by a society to protect the members of that society from each other. Animals are not capable, as a group, of understanding or protecting the "rights" of others, nor do they recognize the "rights" of others, nor are they capable of recognizing the rights of others. They are entitled to our stewardship, and the "rights" their fellow animals afford them. No more. We don't give them "rights" we afford our fellow humans, and we don't expect "whale rights" to be offered up by whales.

The whole concept is wrong on so many levels.

again...i'm not interested in any club that would have the doeton as a membership...

but when Ravi comes over beats your small weakish mutt to into bloody pulp are you going to cry because your property was damaged?

or because you think the small weakish mutt might have FEELINGS?

Obviously, he is my property. Would his capacity for feelings (which, doesn't even fit into this conversation anyway) keep her from dominating the shit out of him OR any other animal given the wide range of tools her hands are able to manipulate?

for that matter, do we consider the BEARS feelings when we put one down for mauling a fucking human who may or may not have wandered into territory?

again, Por que?

for that matter, do we consider the BEARS feelings when we put one down for mauling a fucking human who may or may not have wandered into territory?

:clap2::clap2:

overlooking the use of the euphemism too.

talk bout irony...

Animals are not capable, as a group, of understanding or protecting the "rights" of others, nor do they recognize the "rights" of others, .... They are entitled to our stewardship, and the "rights" their fellow animals afford them. .

:badgrin:

try consistency

yea dude.. we sure do offer condolences to the pit bulls that maul humjans instead of putting them down.we are such SAVAGES.

silly shogun...having problems reading?

again

if we don't consider animal feelings...where'd the euphemism 'put them down' come from?

why are they put down in a 'humane way'?

silly shogun...having problems reading?

again

if we don't consider animal feelings...where'd the euphemism 'put them down' come from?

why are they put down in a 'humane way'?

Could it be that you're mistaking "being humane" which would just be not causing undue pain, with anthropomorphosizing (sp?) or giving human characteristics to animals?

Could it be that you're mistaking "being humane" which would just be not causing undue pain, with anthropomorphosizing (sp?) or giving human characteristics to animals?

nah.

it's not even a matter of humans being human and then giving animals humanity.

it's more sentient creatures awakening to reality (lol and then with it an enhanced morality).

kick a dog and see if it yelps.

i mean i'll spell it out for you guys.

the reason we don't think it's o.k to beat the crap out of animal for shits and grins isn't simply because we as human being said it's not ok. i.e extended rights out to animals.

it's because we as sentient being are able recognize the sentient nature of dogs.

nah.

it's not even a matter of humans being human and then giving animals humanity.

it's more sentient creatures awakening to reality (lol and then with it an enhanced morality).

kick a dog and see if it yelps.

How sad to think that a person would hurt, maim or kill an innocent animal. But if someone does this, it usually does not stop there. Studies show that a person who hurts an animal escalates the violence, hurting children, and then adults. "About a third [of serial killers] said they killed and tortured animals as children, and about half said they did it as adolescents."-Los Angeles Times Magazine. "…every single serial killer I have interviewed has told of an animal being killed in his presence by his parent…"-Sondra London 'Serial Killers Talk To Sondra London'.

I have read that a lot of serial killers tortured and killed animals as children.

http://www.theminx.com/iss4vol2/cruelty2.htm

Forum List

Back