Animal Rights, Yes or No

Instead, HSUS spends millions on programs that seek to economically cripple meat and dairy producers; eliminate the use of animals in biomedical research labs; phase out pet breeding, zoos, and circus animal acts; and demonize hunters as crazed lunatics. HSUS spends $2 million each year on travel expenses alone, just keeping its multi-national agenda going. "http://www.activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/oid/136

This may be true, but does HSUS engage in terrorism or, to any significant degree, support terrorism?

Last edited:
Who knows? Follow the money. Peta certainly does, and they both link each other all over the place, and take political stands together, and walk hand in hand through all the crap they generate.

They work with and for Peta. If they fund Peta, and Peta funds terrorists, then what are they funding?

The truth is, this is only the tip of the iceburg. They raise money to destroy industry. PERIOD. That's the purpose of the Humane Society. They don't even make any bones about it.

Okay. I still think that it is a bit of a stretch. It reminds me of a guy who, for years, had been donating to the United Way. One year, the United Way decided not to include the Boy Scouts in its long list of organizations that it aids. As a result, this guy decided to stop supporting the United Way. You are throwing out the baby with the bath water.

They're money making monsters...and their money does NOT go towards animals, period. They make no bones about it. They're all about destroying industry and re-structuring society. They say it themselves.

I don't think a farmer should be arrested and charged for shooting the dog that's killing his chickens.

How would you vote on this measure?

In a world in which animal rights are gaining ground, barbecue season should make me feel guilty. My hunch is that in a century or two, our descendants will look back on our factory farms with uncomprehending revulsion. But in the meantime, I love a good burger.

This comes up because the most important election this November that you’ve never heard of is a referendum on animal rights in California, the vanguard state for social movements. Proposition 2 would ban factory farms from raising chickens, calves or hogs in small pens or cages.

Livestock rights are already enshrined in the law in Florida, Arizona, Colorado and here in Oregon, but California’s referendum would go further and would be a major gain for the animal rights movement. And it’s part of a broader trend. Burger King announced last year that it would give preference to suppliers that treat animals better, and when a hamburger empire expostulates tenderly about the living conditions of cattle, you know public attitudes are changing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/31/opinion/31kristof.html?th&emc=th

The entire premise that animals have rights is ridiculous. We -- human beings -- do not have the right to abuse them from a moral standpoint. Isn't that what the extremist leftwingnuts whine about though? The rightwing Christian conspiracy is trying to legislate morality?

WTF is THIS? Legislating morality; albeit, seriously warped morality.

nice!

So where do you get the second half of your name?

you know yogi's friend? maybe I should have spelled it bubu?

but that's what I call her when she's being good. when I want her to come or stop doing something, its just sealy.

also, one time I tried to use sealy as a password and it wasn't enough letters, so I added the bobo. but that doesn't give away my password because it also had to have numbers. ok, tmi. have a great day

but that's what I call her when she's being good. when I want her to come or stop doing something, its just sealy.

also, one time I tried to use sealy as a password and it wasn't enough letters, so I added the bobo. but that doesn't give away my password because it also had to have numbers. ok, tmi. have a great day

Yogi Bear's buddy was Boo Boo, Einstein. Geez ....:whip:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boo_Boo_(Yogi_Bear)

Explaining the 2nd part of your name. :eusa_angel:

bobo was a ...
87531703oepkkZ_ph.jpg

:lol:

There's something ironic about people getting defensive about rights protecting animals with more consciousness than human fetuses, considering the issue of abortion. Even children outside of the womb don't stack up against cats, dogs, dolphins, and primates for some part of their life. One-year old children and dogs are remarkably alike when it comes to looking in the mirror. A long ways back someone made the argument animals don't understand rights, thus they can't be part of society. I'm afraid that means children are open to hunting season as well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back