And you want $15 an hour?

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
Went to McDonald's for lunch today. No protesters to be seen btw. I ordered a number 7 meal, large with a Diet Coke and a Happy Meal cheeseburger for a girl. Thinking that I also wanted a small mcnuggets, I asked what sizes that they come in. The lady said 4, 6, and 10. "I'll take a 4 piece please."

I get my order and she hands me two large drink cups. Then she asks me what drink I wanted with my happy meal. I didn't know what to say since she was just going to give me an empty cup for me to fill.

At this point, voices in my head should have told me to check my order, but the voices failed. When I got back home they didnt give me my 4 piece but instead put the four piece in the happy meal and the child didnt get her cheeseburger. Practically the entire order was screwed up.

How does anyone deserve to double their salary when they perform their job so badly? It's nonsense.

Went to McDonald's for lunch today. No protesters to be seen btw. I ordered a number 7 meal, large with a Diet Coke and a Happy Meal cheeseburger for a girl. Thinking that I also wanted a small mcnuggets, I asked what sizes that they come in. The lady said 4, 6, and 10. "I'll take a 4 piece please."

I get my order and she hands me two large drink cups. Then she asks me what drink I wanted with my happy meal. I didn't know what to say since she was just going to give me an empty cup for me to fill.

At this point, voices in my head should have told me to check my order, but the voices failed. When I got back home they didnt give me my 4 piece but instead put the four piece in the happy meal and the child didnt get her cheeseburger. Practically the entire order was screwed up.

How does anyone deserve to double their salary when they perform their job so badly? It's nonsense.
So, you caught them on a good day, eh?

:D

Did BomQueesha screw it up?
article-2173221-140D3E0F000005DC-204_634x354.jpg

Did you speak the correct language when you ordered?

Maybe carry a translator with you next time :D

I can't imagine these folks working anywhere else. When they are unable to process a simple order that requires no skill there is no way they can handle a higher paying job.

I shudder to think what would happen if they were working at another job processing orders...
smiley_shocked.gif

death-wreath-flower-mourner-delivery_company-mix_up-wmi100302l.jpg

Mistakes can be made, you should always double check your order, and make sure they read it back to you.

You didn't check your order before you left. It's YOUR FAULT!

My steak at Peter Luger's last night was perfect! Of course everyone there makes more than $15.00/hr.

In fast food joints there is a magic phrase that helps keep 'em focused. It works like this:

One burger - One; No Cheese.

One mall Fries - Just ONE; NO cheese.

One Small Diet Coke - Small; just one; NO CHEESE.

One Chocolate Chip Cookie - Only ONE - NO Friggin' CHEESE.

Guaranteed you've got her/his/its attention.

Thing is, you gotta also watch their hands on the magic order entry machine to make sure they don't also press the "SPIT IN IT" button.

In fast food joints there is a magic phrase that helps keep 'em focused. It works like this:

Thing is, you gotta also watch their hands on the magic order entry machine to make sure they don't also press the "SPIT IN IT" button.

If they paid more, they could get better help. Plus the people they hire wouldn't be so disgruntled and would do a better job. You really do get what you pay for.

If they paid more, they could get better help. Plus the people they hire wouldn't be so disgruntled and would do a better job. You really do get what you pay for.

I can't agree. Local fast food places (only a couple exist) are gateways. Businesses that pay more actually shop for help at the food joints. When they find a clerk who pays attention and gets it right and who also is there on schedule for a full week gets a job offer at a higher rate and quickly moves on. The result has been that one of the places is fast to give raises to those who perform well so they'll stick around a while. But there's a limit on how much can reasonably be paid to a counter clerk and still stay price competitive so the cream rises to the top then gets scooped off leaving the dregs. But they don't last too long because they tend to start arriving late - if at all - and too often drunked or stoned.

That provides a perverse sort of incentive to hire the slightly less undesirables in hope they won't piss off too many customers, might actually show up for work regularly and be just bad enough so nobody hires them away. Like having a pre-employment intelligence test one has to fail in order to be hired.

If they paid more, they could get better help... You really do get what you pay for.

Well I do agree and I'm glad to see the light come on for you. ... finally.
Shopping for inexpensive fast food? Check your order. Want a fine meal? Be prepared to pay more for it.
The same goes for businesses shopping for employees. They get what they pay for just as consumers do.

My steak at Peter Luger's last night was perfect! Of course everyone there makes more than $15.00/hr.
If he had checked before he left, the order would have been correct? Or was it wrong before he left?

Just how fucking stupid is your statement anyway?

The topic, in case you can't follow a thought process, is why should we paying people who can't get a simple order correct, more than the minimum wage when clearly, they are overpaid already.

My fault? Maybe but that's totally irrelevant. They make $7 something an hour now and it's obvious they are overpaid.

If only that was true. What YOU don't understand is that its the "minimum wage". Those incompetent morons will still be there. They aren't going to get fired or they would have already been fired. We'd just end up paying more money for the same crappy service.

If they paid more, they could get better help... You really do get what you pay for.

Well I do agree and I'm glad to see the light come on for you. ... finally.
Shopping for inexpensive fast food? Check your order. Want a fine meal? Be prepared to pay more for it.
The same goes for businesses shopping for employees. They get what they pay for just as consumers do.

Certainly I should have checked my order, but that doesn't change the fact that those people aren't even worth the money they are getting paid now let alone twice that much.

Certainly I should have checked my order, but that doesn't change the fact that those people aren't even worth the money they are getting paid now let alone twice that much.

Best to check the order BEFORE paying for it.

But most places now want cash (or better, credit card) before they'll "enter" your order 'cause they know all about you picky bastards who expect to get what you pay for.

Forum List

Back