And you want $15 an hour?

Went to McDonald's for lunch today. No protesters to be seen btw. I ordered a number 7 meal, large with a Diet Coke and a Happy Meal cheeseburger for a girl. Thinking that I also wanted a small mcnuggets, I asked what sizes that they come in. The lady said 4, 6, and 10. "I'll take a 4 piece please."

I get my order and she hands me two large drink cups. Then she asks me what drink I wanted with my happy meal. I didn't know what to say since she was just going to give me an empty cup for me to fill.

At this point, voices in my head should have told me to check my order, but the voices failed. When I got back home they didnt give me my 4 piece but instead put the four piece in the happy meal and the child didnt get her cheeseburger. Practically the entire order was screwed up.

How does anyone deserve to double their salary when they perform their job so badly? It's nonsense.

You didn't check your order before you left. It's YOUR FAULT!

My steak at Peter Luger's last night was perfect! Of course everyone there makes more than $15.00/hr.
If he had checked before he left, the order would have been correct? Or was it wrong before he left?

Just how fucking stupid is your statement anyway?

The topic, in case you can't follow a thought process, is why should we paying people who can't get a simple order correct, more than the minimum wage when clearly, they are overpaid already.

My steak at Peter Luger's last night was perfect! Of course everyone there makes more than $15.00/hr.

Get it yet?

Or how about this; How many people have surgery where thing are left inside the patient? Surgeons make more than $15.00/hr, don't they?

Humans make mistakes no matter how much they make.

Went to McDonald's for lunch today. No protesters to be seen btw. I ordered a number 7 meal, large with a Diet Coke and a Happy Meal cheeseburger for a girl. Thinking that I also wanted a small mcnuggets, I asked what sizes that they come in. The lady said 4, 6, and 10. "I'll take a 4 piece please."

I get my order and she hands me two large drink cups. Then she asks me what drink I wanted with my happy meal. I didn't know what to say since she was just going to give me an empty cup for me to fill.

At this point, voices in my head should have told me to check my order, but the voices failed. When I got back home they didnt give me my 4 piece but instead put the four piece in the happy meal and the child didnt get her cheeseburger. Practically the entire order was screwed up.

How does anyone deserve to double their salary when they perform their job so badly? It's nonsense.

You didn't check your order before you left. It's YOUR FAULT!

My fault? Maybe but that's totally irrelevant. They make $7 something an hour now and it's obvious they are overpaid.

Humans make mistakes. The McDonald's person didn't fill the order correctly. Get over it and check your bag next time.

In fast food joints there is a magic phrase that helps keep 'em focused. It works like this:

One burger - One; No Cheese.

One mall Fries - Just ONE; NO cheese.

One Small Diet Coke - Small; just one; NO CHEESE.

One Chocolate Chip Cookie - Only ONE - NO Friggin' CHEESE.

Guaranteed you've got her/his/its attention.

Thing is, you gotta also watch their hands on the magic order entry machine to make sure they don't also press the "SPIT IN IT" button.

If they paid more, they could get better help. Plus the people they hire wouldn't be so disgruntled and would do a better job. You really do get what you pay for.

If only that was true. What YOU don't understand is that its the "minimum wage". Those incompetent morons will still be there. They aren't going to get fired or they would have already been fired. We'd just end up paying more money for the same crappy service.

I pay double my competitors and have zero service failures. A record my competition can't touch.

So what happens when the 7.50 an hour crowd gets 15.00 an hour?

Does everyone else get a 7.50 and hour raise?, those that make 10.00 will make 17.50, those that make 15.00 will make 22.50?

In the end the minimum wage crowd will be in the same boat as everyone will get raises and all goods and services will cost more....

Minimum wage is not meant to be a lifelong salary, but I can name a few people that have had over a dozen jobs in less than a year, I guarantee they are not worth 5.00 an hour.

I also know 3 people that started out at minimum wage at McDonalds and Wendys, after 2-3 years all of them were promoted to managers and are now making over 40k a year, it is mainly about work ethic, have none and you may stay at 7.50 an hour for life.

But like so many things, the Politicians want to make a big deal of things so they can win some votes from ignorant people ;)

Why would you want to pay crap for the people that make you all of your money?

Perhaps, but the only possible reason to ask for the type of soft drink is personal curiosity.
Everything else has been automated for this person.

I assume the self serve fountain is refill? Our registers have us ask you the drink you want and the size. Otherwise we cannot complete the order. It means we ask you a heap of stupid questions, which none of us like doing.
If you hand them an empty soda cup that is a medium, you can safely assume they will get a medium soft drink from the fountain. I don't know about OZ, but most places here in America don't really monitor the refill rate and many restaurants (fast food) offer customer filled fountain drinks.

The cup costs more than what you put in it.

In fast food joints there is a magic phrase that helps keep 'em focused. It works like this:

One burger - One; No Cheese.

One mall Fries - Just ONE; NO cheese.

One Small Diet Coke - Small; just one; NO CHEESE.

One Chocolate Chip Cookie - Only ONE - NO Friggin' CHEESE.

Guaranteed you've got her/his/its attention.

Thing is, you gotta also watch their hands on the magic order entry machine to make sure they don't also press the "SPIT IN IT" button.

If they paid more, they could get better help. Plus the people they hire wouldn't be so disgruntled and would do a better job. You really do get what you pay for.

Yeah paying the same screw ups more would fix everything....not.

I went to McDonald's to get a Big Mac, it is very rare I eat a lunch, but it was a stressful day and I thought it would be nice. I order a Small Big Mac Extra Value Meal. They said they don't have a small, they have only medium or large. WTF?

Possibly a promotion in which you get a medium meal for the price of a small? You should have enquired.

Again, they said they don't have a small only medium and large. Did you understand? They said, not what I said, they said they have no small. Why did you not think I enquired?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Then you buy the medium, or go elsewhere.

Those people who work in customer service know from experience that 99% of the time, when the order is wrong, it is the customers fault.

Just sayin'.

I do know how a business is run. Your McDonalds are obviously run different to ours.

Perhaps the young lass was new at her job.
Perhaps, but the only possible reason to ask for the type of soft drink is personal curiosity.

I assume the self serve fountain is refill? Our registers have us ask you the drink you want and the size. Otherwise we cannot complete the order. It means we ask you a heap of stupid questions, which none of us like doing.

So how long have you been working at McDonald's?

Long enough to know almost everything there is to know about working there.

Long enough to know almost everything there is to know about working there.

Can I ask why you are working there?

Does everyone else get a 7.50 and hour raise?, those that make 10.00 will make 17.50, those that make 15.00 will make 22.50?

In the end the minimum wage crowd will be in the same boat as everyone will get raises and all goods and services will cost more....

Minimum wage is not meant to be a lifelong salary, but I can name a few people that have had over a dozen jobs in less than a year, I guarantee they are not worth 5.00 an hour.

I also know 3 people that started out at minimum wage at McDonalds and Wendys, after 2-3 years all of them were promoted to managers and are now making over 40k a year, it is mainly about work ethic, have none and you may stay at 7.50 an hour for life.

But like so many things, the Politicians want to make a big deal of things so they can win some votes from ignorant people ;)

The problem is when unskilled workers make 31,200.00 a year (15.00 per hr) and the pay rises for every other worker in line to compensate for minimum wage pay hikes, everything people purchase will cost more, thus hurting the low income and fixed income people.

An E3 Private in the Military median Salary is 18k a year, an E5 Sergent median salary is 27k per year, you want a burger flipper to make 31k a year?

If only that was true. What YOU don't understand is that its the "minimum wage". Those incompetent morons will still be there. They aren't going to get fired or they would have already been fired. We'd just end up paying more money for the same crappy service.

I pay double my competitors and have zero service failures. A record my competition can't touch.

When you run a company in your mind you can do that and get those results.

Possibly a promotion in which you get a medium meal for the price of a small? You should have enquired.

Again, they said they don't have a small only medium and large. Did you understand? They said, not what I said, they said they have no small. Why did you not think I enquired?

Then you buy the medium, or go elsewhere.

Wow! Typical fast food employee response. I rarely go to McDonald's, it is amusing they don't have a small, only a medium and a large. Of course a racist like yourself tends to be ignorant.

When you run a company in your mind you can do that and get those results.

anigif_enhanced-26881-1401226829-11.gif

So I'm not the only one who thinks that with everything OnePercenter says...

The problem is when unskilled workers make 31,200.00 a year (15.00 per hr) and the pay rises for every other worker in line to compensate for minimum wage pay hikes, everything people purchase will cost more, thus hurting the low income and fixed income people.

An E3 Private in the Military median Salary is 18k a year, an E5 Sergent median salary is 27k per year, you want a burger flipper to make 31k a year?

Military people get housing, clothing, meals, and medical.

Forum List

Back