And you want $15 an hour?

So what happens when the 7.50 an hour crowd gets 15.00 an hour?

Does everyone else get a 7.50 and hour raise?, those that make 10.00 will make 17.50, those that make 15.00 will make 22.50?

In the end the minimum wage crowd will be in the same boat as everyone will get raises and all goods and services will cost more....

Minimum wage is not meant to be a lifelong salary, but I can name a few people that have had over a dozen jobs in less than a year, I guarantee they are not worth 5.00 an hour.

I also know 3 people that started out at minimum wage at McDonalds and Wendys, after 2-3 years all of them were promoted to managers and are now making over 40k a year, it is mainly about work ethic, have none and you may stay at 7.50 an hour for life.

But like so many things, the Politicians want to make a big deal of things so they can win some votes from ignorant people ;)

I went to McDonald's to get a Big Mac, it is very rare I eat a lunch, but it was a stressful day and I thought it would be nice. I order a Small Big Mac Extra Value Meal. They said they don't have a small, they have only medium or large. WTF?

Quality and customer service has gone to hell since they removed corporal punishment from the workplace.

Went to McDonald's for lunch today. No protesters to be seen btw. I ordered a number 7 meal, large with a Diet Coke and a Happy Meal cheeseburger for a girl. Thinking that I also wanted a small mcnuggets, I asked what sizes that they come in. The lady said 4, 6, and 10. "I'll take a 4 piece please."

I get my order and she hands me two large drink cups. Then she asks me what drink I wanted with my happy meal. I didn't know what to say since she was just going to give me an empty cup for me to fill.

At this point, voices in my head should have told me to check my order, but the voices failed. When I got back home they didnt give me my 4 piece but instead put the four piece in the happy meal and the child didnt get her cheeseburger. Practically the entire order was screwed up.

How does anyone deserve to double their salary when they perform their job so badly? It's nonsense.

Wow, one bad experience and not one worker deserves extra pay? For your information, you brain dead shit, she needed to ask what drink you wanted so she could put it through on her register. Otherwise she couldn't ring up the order.

And what the fuck is a number 7 meal anyway?

I went to McDonald's to get a Big Mac, it is very rare I eat a lunch, but it was a stressful day and I thought it would be nice. I order a Small Big Mac Extra Value Meal. They said they don't have a small, they have only medium or large. WTF?

Possibly a promotion in which you get a medium meal for the price of a small? You should have enquired.

Went to McDonald's for lunch today. No protesters to be seen btw. I ordered a number 7 meal, large with a Diet Coke and a Happy Meal cheeseburger for a girl. Thinking that I also wanted a small mcnuggets, I asked what sizes that they come in. The lady said 4, 6, and 10. "I'll take a 4 piece please."

I get my order and she hands me two large drink cups. Then she asks me what drink I wanted with my happy meal. I didn't know what to say since she was just going to give me an empty cup for me to fill.

At this point, voices in my head should have told me to check my order, but the voices failed. When I got back home they didnt give me my 4 piece but instead put the four piece in the happy meal and the child didnt get her cheeseburger. Practically the entire order was screwed up.

How does anyone deserve to double their salary when they perform their job so badly? It's nonsense.

Wow, one bad experience and not one worker deserves extra pay? For your information, you brain dead shit, she needed to ask what drink you wanted so she could put it through on her register. Otherwise she couldn't ring up the order.

And what the fuck is a number 7 meal anyway?
Wow..

He or she puts into the register (by pushing a button with a cup on it labeled S, M, L) the size of the drink, not the content of the drink.
Since she handed him a cup, that means she knows the drink size already.

You really need to learn how to think.

ETA: Oh, and btw....the type of drink is not material since it is a fountain drink that the customer is filling for themselves, is out of the direct control of the clerk. This means they are charging the same amount for all the soft drinks they are offering and they keep track by the refill amounts of syrup.

Does anyone know how a business runs anymore?

Last edited:
I do know how a business is run. Your McDonalds are obviously run different to ours.

Perhaps the young lass was new at her job.

I do know how a business is run. Your McDonalds are obviously run different to ours.

Perhaps, but the only possible reason to ask for the type of soft drink is personal curiosity.
Everything else has been automated for this person.

Perhaps, but the only possible reason to ask for the type of soft drink is personal curiosity.

I assume the self serve fountain is refill? Our registers have us ask you the drink you want and the size. Otherwise we cannot complete the order. It means we ask you a heap of stupid questions, which none of us like doing.

Does the CEO of AT&T deserve a multi-million dollar bonus when it takes his IT team 8 months to correct my Billing?
Wells-Fargo?
Verizon?
Why does the CEO of Citibank get a bonus when their App sucks?

I agree about cashiers, but CEOs setting the bar low is good?
I guess in a Smoke and Mirrors Stock Market economy it's good.

Possibly a promotion in which you get a medium meal for the price of a small? You should have enquired.

Again, they said they don't have a small only medium and large. Did you understand? They said, not what I said, they said they have no small. Why did you not think I enquired?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I assume the self serve fountain is refill? Our registers have us ask you the drink you want and the size. Otherwise we cannot complete the order. It means we ask you a heap of stupid questions, which none of us like doing.
If you hand them an empty soda cup that is a medium, you can safely assume they will get a medium soft drink from the fountain. I don't know about OZ, but most places here in America don't really monitor the refill rate and many restaurants (fast food) offer customer filled fountain drinks.

You have no clue on how to run a business, that is very obvious by your posts.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

You didn't check your order before you left. It's YOUR FAULT!

My steak at Peter Luger's last night was perfect! Of course everyone there makes more than $15.00/hr.
If he had checked before he left, the order would have been correct? Or was it wrong before he left?

Just how fucking stupid is your statement anyway?

The topic, in case you can't follow a thought process, is why should we paying people who can't get a simple order correct, more than the minimum wage when clearly, they are overpaid already.

What we're saying is that if they were paid more, they'd do a better job. You do get what you pay for. And FYI, whenever you purchase anything at a fast food joint, you should check it before you leave. Mistakes are made. Mistakes can be made in restaurants too, but you are there and they fix it while you are there.

Did you speak the correct language when you ordered?

Maybe carry a translator with you next time :D

You expect proper English from people sucking on the government tit. :cuckoo:

You didn't check your order before you left. It's YOUR FAULT!

My steak at Peter Luger's last night was perfect! Of course everyone there makes more than $15.00/hr.
If he had checked before he left, the order would have been correct? Or was it wrong before he left?

Just how fucking stupid is your statement anyway?

The topic, in case you can't follow a thought process, is why should we paying people who can't get a simple order correct, more than the minimum wage when clearly, they are overpaid already.

What we're saying is that if they were paid more, they'd do a better job. You do get what you pay for. And FYI, whenever you purchase anything at a fast food joint, you should check it before you leave. Mistakes are made. Mistakes can be made in restaurants too, but you are there and they fix it while you are there.
No, not in this case. This person would be bag of hammers dumb regardless of the hourly rate. It may be prudent to check before you leave, but the fact remains, the order was wrong BEFORE he left. This is an indictment of why these people are undeserving of anything above Minimum Wage.

Did you speak the correct language when you ordered?

Maybe carry a translator with you next time :D

I think you missed the sarcasm...

I think you missed the sarcasm...

I missed the sarcasm? Really? Try speaking with a tit in your mouth.
Why would I be speaking with a tit in My mouth?

When he asked if he was speaking the proper language, I think he meant to say were you speaking English. Kind of like saying, "Press 2 for English".....

Or maybe you did miss it.

Forum List

Back