An Honest Question for the Right and the Left, and ALL Others in the Middle:

Robin Williams, at least he would be entertaining.
Cause the president is not what makes the difference, it is the Congress and we are screwed there for a min of 12 years.
so few people understand just how little the POTUS actually controls

Yes, but we are trained to go for the figurhead and ignore the masses behind the curtain actually running things.

One has to wonder who wants it that way?

Three Republican's I could Vote for. Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, and John Thune.

Thanks Intense. Can you tell us why you would vote for them?

Romney, has had my vote before. I do think he will work effectively and get support from both Parties.

Santorum is a Good Conservative, I find his positions reasonable and dependable. he may be young, but I think he can handle responsibility.

Thune I have been supporting since his first Senate Campaign. I have no representation in the Senate, being a Conservative in NY. I adopted Thune early on. Where we may differ though is Ethanol and the subsidies behind it. I think he would have great potential.

My Dark Horse may surface someday, if the only choice is a Democrat, I choose Leon Panetta. He was my Congressman way back, I met him once, and have alway's respected him. He's a good Catholic boy, just a little confused and in the wrong Party. He's the best on your side of the aisle EZ. ;) Maybe he could get Jerry Brown as a running mate, and we can finally get pot decriminalized. :lol:

Robin Williams, at least he would be entertaining.
Cause the president is not what makes the difference, it is the Congress and we are screwed there for a min of 12 years.

Yes, but we are trained to go for the figurhead and ignore the masses behind the curtain actually running things.

the 17th amendment was the start of the decline

The very last thing this country needs is another Republican President who knows even less than the last one. Let's hope Obama stays in office or someone equally capable is elected.

Could you imagine Ron Paul? He's one of only probably a handful of Doctors in the entire world that doesn't believe in evolution. Good thing he went into politics. I would hate to be one of his patients.

A doctor that doesn't believe in evolution. Who would have thunk it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thune gets a high-level endorsement, from Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

“I think he’s the complete package and is the kind of person who could conceivably go the distance in a race for the presidency,” McConnell told Hayes. “I think he’s an extraordinary talent, and I hope that he will run and win.’”

Hayes adds that Thune faces “many obstacles”: “He has virtually no national profile. He worked briefly as a lobbyist. He voted for TARP. He is a defender of earmarks. He would be running against Washington from Washington. … Despite his proximity to those who craft the Republican agenda, Thune does not have a signature issue — something Thune skeptics point to as a liability for a potential presidential candidate.”

In July, Thune introduced a deficit reduction proposal, the Common Sense Budget Reform Bill, which would create “a permanent Joint Committee on Deficit Reduction composed of a bipartisan group of 20 members — 10 from the House of Representatives and 10 from the Senate.”

Hayes writes: “Thune’s proposal does not address the entitlement reforms that are what will ultimately stave off bankruptcy, but it’s a start. With zero congressional cosponsors, it seems more intended to open a discussion — and a campaign — than to become law anytime soon.”

Hayes also lists Thune’s assets: “[H]e is an exceptionally skilled retail politician who can communicate a kind of midwestern, common sense conservatism that is ascendant in reaction to liberal profligacy,” Hayes writes. “It also helps that he’s cultivated the nationwide donor base that gave him $14.5 million to defeat Tom Daschle in 2004. And that South Dakota borders Iowa. And that he’s good on television. And that he’s a devout Christian who can quote Scripture without seeming to proselytize.”

Read more: John Thune plans to run in 2012 - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

I'd have to do more research to tell you for sure, but from what I know of them so far either Christie or Daniels could be excellent candidates. They've both actually had positive accomplishments in their states, and seem to be reasonable, pragmatic fiscal cons but without being culture warriors. I especially like Christie because he's getting results working in a Dem majority state, which means he can play with others without either taking his ball and going home or giving away the farm.

But my 2012 vote is wide open, there's a lot of water to go under that bridge.

I'd have to do more research to tell you for sure, but from what I know of them so far either Christie or Daniels could be excellent candidates. They've both actually had positive accomplishments in their states, and seem to be reasonable, pragmatic fiscal cons but without being culture warriors. I especially like Christie because he's getting results working in a Dem majority state, which means he can play with others without either taking his ball and going home or giving away the farm.

I like him too, NJ needs him there, and he needs the experience. He has good instinct. ;)

I like him too, NJ needs him there, and he needs the experience. He has good instinct. ;)
yeah, maybe a 2020 candidate

Hey, Appointments matter, especially with runaway agencies. The Court Appoints will make or break the Republic.

I like what I've seen so far, but I don't think he'll consider it before 2016.

Hey, Appointments matter, especially with runaway agencies. The Court Appoints will make or break the Republic.
the 17th amendment removed a line of responsibility to the local and state governments
that was part of the reason why the senate right now isnt much different than the house in the way it operates

Here are some of my qualifications:

1.Must be a female. I am appealing for a president to be less aggressive & more passive.
2.Must be of the middle class. Someone who knows what items cost in stores and has budgeted their own money to survive.
3.A working girl who is single. Someone who is responsible & sees the value of people working. Connects self-esteem, character, morals & ethics with work.
4.35 to 45 years of age. Energetic, healthy, bright of mind, willing to act & react on her own judgements.
5.From a Midwest farm family. From a family that had to work hard & struggle to make ends meets.
6.Impeccable character & personality. A worldly person of taste who puts the American people before anything else.
7.High IQ & knowledgeable of politics, good speaker, worldly. College educated, good speaker, quick logical responses, can give orders, can treat aides with respect & get things accomplished.
8.Motivated, dedicated, loyal, idealistic. A progressive who wants to move all of America forward, and doesn't let corrupter's interfere in decisions. Can do things as a moderate if necessary to fulfill liberal goals.

Janeane Garofalo grew up conservative in a conservative family, is an atheist, antiwar, realist, who is not to big to admit her mistakes and apologize publicly. She has a sharp political mind, well read, thinks logical, makes snap decisions, and would probably bring Bill Clinton in to fix the budget, regardless if she likes him or not, her thought would be to get America going again for the people.

I tried to find a "famous women," and I guess I should not be surprised to see intelligent Americans thinking of women bios in terms of movie actresses, shapely, busty, sexy, and nothing on intelligence or business talents. A preferable women meeting my qualifications and being Asian, would also be a good choice. Janeane Garofalo is Irish-Italian.

Last edited:

I like what I've seen so far, but I don't think he'll consider it before 2016.

You're probably right. But if y'all can come up with somebody like him, that's the guy (or woman) I'd seriously consider. ;)

I really had doubts about President Obama when he allowed the tax cuts to be extended. However, I believe that would have happened anyway, considering the makeup of the House and the Senate. However, he extracted far more from the Repubs than I would have thought possible. If he can keep the Health Care package intact, maybe even add to it, he has my vote in 2012.

Since 2012 is creeping up on us now, I would like you to tell me who you would like to see as President in the next election and why.

Let's try and have some honest discussion here, and see if maybe, just maybe, someone, or even a few people, can inform others on who would be a good candidate for 2012.

out of the 'known' players now...Mitt Romney.

fiscally savvy, he's also had experience in helping to craft a health care bill that though it appears to be a 'failure', I would hope he drew lessons from it.

People will say hes soft on social issues, like he was pro choice for a while then flip flopped.....I don't care, right now our fiscal house is on fire, we don't have the luxury of getting bogged down in that.
I'll have to go with his ability to manage a biz. vis a vis his abortion stance.

I did not consider Christie or Rubio et al because I don't think there is a chance they will run.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back