An Honest Question for the Right and the Left, and ALL Others in the Middle:

Since 2012 is creeping up on us now, I would like you to tell me who you would like to see as President in the next election and why.

Let's try and have some honest discussion here, and see if maybe, just maybe, someone, or even a few people, can inform others on who would be a good candidate for 2012.

I honestly have no clue, and the thoughts of it turns my stomach..:doubt:

Keep in mind folks:

At this point in their presidencies, Clinton had 40% job approval rate, while Reagan has 43%. We all know how their stories were written.

Folks tend not to see things the same WHILE they are going through it/living it as its seen once its past.

Unless a saint rises from the ranks of the Right, and this ain't happening...Obama's a shoe-in.

Palin's a joke and a fodder for Komedy, so that's a bust.

Since 2012 is creeping up on us now, I would like you to tell me who you would like to see as President in the next election and why.

Let's try and have some honest discussion here, and see if maybe, just maybe, someone, or even a few people, can inform others on who would be a good candidate for 2012.

who do you think would bea good candidate?

i dont have a name....cause i dont think this person exist yet.....but someone who is a STRONG leader....something this Country needs DESPERATLY....someone who puts COUNTRY over Party and Self.... and is not afraid to tell anyone in Congress who is in the way....TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY......someone who will rally the people to COME TOGETHER..not divide them .....make this Country Business friendly and start rallying the people with the money to start investing in the USA and get it back to where this Country produced the shit we used to produce......fuck China and India and the rest.....we dont need them....WE CAN DO IT....we did it once we can get those industries going again....when people are working and Companies cant keep up with their orders.....when people are TOGETHER and just about on the same page....WATCH OUT....theres no stopping us.....someday hopefully this person will show up....

Such a person will get ASSASSINATED....just like JFK did. The powers that be does not take kindly to such folk. You know this!

well then we are not going anywhere anytime soon.....Obama is a weak President and he isnt much of a uniter......right now we at least can use a guy to bring the people to some form of togetherness.....Together this Country can handle our problems.....apart....we are doomed.....

It is magical thinking to assume that a change in the Oval Office is somehow going to solve the systemic problems this nation is facing.

Democrats or Republicans if we continue on the path we seem dead set on traveling, this nation is going down.

i dont have a name....cause i dont think this person exist yet.....but someone who is a STRONG leader....something this Country needs DESPERATLY....someone who puts COUNTRY over Party and Self.... and is not afraid to tell anyone in Congress who is in the way....TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY......someone who will rally the people to COME TOGETHER..not divide them .....make this Country Business friendly and start rallying the people with the money to start investing in the USA and get it back to where this Country produced the shit we used to produce......fuck China and India and the rest.....we dont need them....WE CAN DO IT....we did it once we can get those industries going again....when people are working and Companies cant keep up with their orders.....when people are TOGETHER and just about on the same page....WATCH OUT....theres no stopping us.....someday hopefully this person will show up....

Such a person will get ASSASSINATED....just like JFK did. The powers that be does not take kindly to such folk. You know this!

well then we are not going anywhere anytime soon.....Obama is a weak President and he isnt much of a uniter......right now we at least can use a guy to bring the people to some form of togetherness.....Together this Country can handle our problems.....apart....we are doomed.....
Harry at best this is the definition of naivetee, other than that...its a pipe dream.

The current political climate is uberpartisan. Folk on the left simply "hate" a candidate because they are right, folk on the right really hate a candidate simply because they are "left." Really it boils down to a D or R in front of their names as to how the voters of the various parties will respond to this. Bush was no uniter, although the attack on 9/11 allowed him to pretend to be one for a moment in time. The even cause the brief unity...not the man.

We have one that is TRYING to be a uniter and the CON$ are slapping his hand away at every turn...although he continues to stretch it out to them. History will bare this out as plain as day.

Look at how the CON$ are reacting to the mere concept of working together...they don't want it. They say they want their Reps to stop the Dems. Does that sound like a people that want to be united? The only uniting that will be done from here on out will be the separate parties. Each will have their candidate that will unite them, for the Dems it was Obama in 08 and Palin in the same year and now. It will be Obama again come 2012, who knows who it will be.

But for an individual to think that "unity" in a bipartisan way will come about in this climate...its tantamount to ridiculous.

I'd have to do more research to tell you for sure, but from what I know of them so far either Christie or Daniels could be excellent candidates. They've both actually had positive accomplishments in their states, and seem to be reasonable, pragmatic fiscal cons but without being culture warriors. I especially like Christie because he's getting results working in a Dem majority state, which means he can play with others without either taking his ball and going home or giving away the farm.

But my 2012 vote is wide open, there's a lot of water to go under that bridge.

I agree GC.

I really, really like Daniels but I don't think he's interested in running. Sure hope he changes his mind.

Also agree on Christie. I like him a lot as well. He's a no nonsense, in your face kinda guy. I think he would make a great Prez.

Don't think he will be interested until he finishs his term as Gov of NJ though.

I could get behind either one.

I don't care for Jindal because of the social conservatism. We have waaaaay too many other things to focus on right now, getting bogged down in wedge issues is the last thing on my priority list.

That's why I go Cristi/Jindal. I don't want him as Pres, the social issues can handle themselves. I just think he would be a great addition to Cristi.

If Christie runs he'll need somebody with a foreign policy resume to balance the ticket. I like what I've seen so far, but a young governor is going to need a hand in that department. Jindal as a relatively young governor himself isn't that guy.

It doesn't need to be Jindal. All he needs to do to help with foreign policy is hire/appoint people that do.

Expecting someone to be able to do it all isn't something I can expect.

The rest of the world can take care of itself, we need the debt/def down, spending down, and jobs.

Get Condi Rice to be our Sec of State again, and follow her lead when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Harry at best this is the definition of naivetee, other than that...its a pipe dream.

The current political climate is uberpartisan. Folk on the left simply "hate" a candidate because they are right, folk on the right really hate a candidate simply because they are "left." Really it boils down to a D or R in front of their names as to how the voters of the various parties will respond to this. Bush was no uniter, although the attack on 9/11 allowed him to pretend to be one for a moment in time. The even cause the brief unity...not the man.

We have one that is TRYING to be a uniter and the CON$ are slapping his hand away at every turn...although he continues to stretch it out to them. History will bare this out as plain as day.

Look at how the CON$ are reacting to the mere concept of working together...they don't want it. They say they want their Reps to stop the Dems. Does that sound like a people that want to be united? The only uniting that will be done from here on out will be the separate parties. Each will have their candidate that will unite them, for the Dems it was Obama in 08 and Palin in the same year and now. It will be Obama again come 2012, who knows who it will be.

But for an individual to think that "unity" in a bipartisan way will come about in this climate...its tantamount to ridiculous.

The current political climate is uberpartisan. Folk on the left simply "hate" a candidate because they are right, folk on the right really hate a candidate simply because they are "left." Really it boils down to a D or R in front of their names as to how the voters of the various parties will respond to this.

i agree....but most of those you speak of are the Partisans among us,those who vote for the party no matter what....a good leader can reach those who dont follow the Party and can make many of the "Partisans" give him a chance at least....

Bush was no uniter, although the attack on 9/11 allowed him to pretend to be one for a moment in time. The even cause the brief unity...not the man.

well obviously....Bush had a chance to possibly become one of the greatest Presidents ever....he had a good chunk of the world and 90% of the Country behind him....and look what he did with it....threw it away....a lousy leader....

i dont agree here....i think Obama is weak Leader....and when he talks....i feel he aint talking to me....just those who back him....and i have NEVER felt this way about any President we have ever had until Bush and Obama...you dont TRY to unite people by saying things that piss off the other side....thats no leader.....and that is not the sign of a guy TRYING TO BE UNITER like you said.....Obamas leadership skills Suck....

Look at how the CON$ are reacting to the mere concept of working together...they don't want it. They say they want their Reps to stop the Dems. Does that sound like a people that want to be united?

i hate tell you this Marc.....but the Dems do the same dam thing.....the far left and right DO NOT want anything to do with each other and they will do everything in their power to keep this Country divided.....to them...their interests are more important than the Country....they both should be tared and feathered and run out of the Country....

Don't want Obama....Want Chris Christie

Please lock up McCain,so he can't run.
Want Sarah to toy with the idea to drive the Libs nuts.
Would accept Mitt Romney.

OK, tell us about Chris Christie, and why you want him please!
He's cut gubmint spending -in real terms- and has pissed off librul pants-poopers.

Though the latter is as easy as getting out of bed, the former is an actual accomplishment in New Jersey.
I don't trust Christie as far as I can throw him.

We had such a better candidate we could have picked. This guy is too in bed with the establishment. He's cutting spending because politically, he has no other choice. I don't buy for one second that he ENJOYS it.

Palin-Even tho her chances are slim RIGHT NOW, she's RIGHT on everything except gay issues. I don't give a damn if she's a t.v. star or not. One of our greatest Presidents EVER was an actor.

Johnson-If he'd finally wake up, recover from RP syndrome, and realize that TERRORISM ACTUALLY EXISTS, he'd WOULD BE PERFECT, as he's right on everything else.

Rubio-IF he walks the walk, he's my candidate, as he's DOESN'T have said RP syndrome, and I agree with him on everything else so far, I guarantee we'll get the Latino vote for him.....am waiting patiently on him.

Romney.....if all else fails.......

Yes, I understand many people want ANYONE BUT OBAMA.

Now, to achieve that, let's talk about others who the American Public would vote for, and why.

It's really to early to say. But if it was Nov. 2012 and Allan west was running for President I would support his bid for the Presidency

The current political climate is uberpartisan. Folk on the left simply "hate" a candidate because they are right, folk on the right really hate a candidate simply because they are "left." Really it boils down to a D or R in front of their names as to how the voters of the various parties will respond to this.

i agree....but most of those you speak of are the Partisans among us,those who vote for the party no matter what....a good leader can reach those who dont follow the Party and can make many of the "Partisans" give him a chance at least....

Bush was no uniter, although the attack on 9/11 allowed him to pretend to be one for a moment in time. The even cause the brief unity...not the man.

well obviously....Bush had a chance to possibly become one of the greatest Presidents ever....he had a good chunk of the world and 90% of the Country behind him....and look what he did with it....threw it away....a lousy leader....

i dont agree here....i think Obama is weak Leader....and when he talks....i feel he aint talking to me....just those who back him....and i have NEVER felt this way about any President we have ever had until Bush and Obama...you dont TRY to unite people by saying things that piss off the other side....thats no leader.....and that is not the sign of a guy TRYING TO BE UNITER like you said.....Obamas leadership skills Suck....

Look at how the CON$ are reacting to the mere concept of working together...they don't want it. They say they want their Reps to stop the Dems. Does that sound like a people that want to be united?

i hate tell you this Marc.....but the Dems do the same dam thing.....the far left and right DO NOT want anything to do with each other and they will do everything in their power to keep this Country divided.....to them...their interests are more important than the Country....they both should be tared and feathered and run out of the Country....
Do you not think that the country is only getting more and more partisan every day? Personally I can't stand the Right...I tried, I really got really tired of them during the campaign with how they responded to Obama. The rampant blatant and outrageous lies they repeat as easily as they are drinking water. It literally turns my stomach.

I watched "FOXNews" for almost 2 years straight during that time, and I'm now had enough. I know all their programming and tactics, as I've literally spend days watching it all day. When I first moved to ATL in 08 I took a break for 9 months so I had a lot of time on my hands. I also listen to RW radio...its all sickening. Its only getting worse...the vitriol, the hatred. I can't stand it any more...and this is what the Right stands for as a whole.

At this point I'm just interested to see how they will show their true colors during this time of limited power in Congress. I think the CON$ will be the ones to cause Obama to fully rise. They just can't help themselves...they will make Obama look like a Saint with their coming shenanigans and tomfoolery.

The financial crisis was not a joke, this is why Bush HAD to call for TARP...the country literraly WAS on the brink of disaster, but let the CON$ tell it...the money was spent because "Democrats love to spend other people's money." It's this non-stop bumper sticker effing nonsense from the CON$ that's so unacceptable. Now they have managed to co-opt the Tea Baggers, which during Bush's time they didn't give the time of day.

It's pure madness.

Even the Dems who were smarting over Bush's FIRST theft of the Presidency gave him the benefit of the doubt when the country was under attack and needed its citizens to be united. We did... reluctantly...but we did. We never had that same sort of cooperation from the Right during the CURRENT national crisis, which was/is the financial mess left by the last Administration. They maybe pretended to be nice until 2 days after he was sworn in then it was constant attack. As if they county was in good shape.

Anyway...I'm ranting now, so I'll stop. I did thank you because I feel you are sincere, although I believe wrong on some points.

History will bare it out though, we'll pretty much know whether or not Obama truly was extending his arm by 2012. That much of history will be written by then.

Honestly, no one really appeals to me right now other than myself. And I am too young for the job.

I am just not sure I trust anyone with the power right now. I would rather see some states challenge the Federal Government and get back the power so the Presidency and Congress arent so important.

Id also rather focus on self development. If we can't govern ourselves. Then what does it matter who is charge? We are a slave.

Do you not think that the country is only getting more and more partisan every day? Personally I can't stand the Right...I tried, I really got really tired of them during the campaign with how they responded to Obama. The rampant blatant and outrageous lies they repeat as easily as they are drinking water. It literally turns my stomach.

I watched "FOXNews" for almost 2 years straight during that time, and I'm now had enough. I know all their programming and tactics, as I've literally spend days watching it all day. When I first moved to ATL in 08 I took a break for 9 months so I had a lot of time on my hands. I also listen to RW radio...its all sickening. Its only getting worse...the vitriol, the hatred. I can't stand it any more...and this is what the Right stands for as a whole.

At this point I'm just interested to see how they will show their true colors during this time of limited power in Congress. I think the CON$ will be the ones to cause Obama to fully rise. They just can't help themselves...they will make Obama look like a Saint with their coming shenanigans and tomfoolery.

The financial crisis was not a joke, this is why Bush HAD to call for TARP...the country literraly WAS on the brink of disaster, but let the CON$ tell it...the money was spent because "Democrats love to spend other people's money." It's this non-stop bumper sticker effing nonsense from the CON$ that's so unacceptable. Now they have managed to co-opt the Tea Baggers, which during Bush's time they didn't give the time of day.

It's pure madness.

Even the Dems who were smarting over Bush's FIRST theft of the Presidency gave him the benefit of the doubt when the country was under attack and needed its citizens to be united. We did... reluctantly...but we did. We never had that same sort of cooperation from the Right during the CURRENT national crisis, which was/is the financial mess left by the last Administration. They maybe pretended to be nice until 2 days after he was sworn in then it was constant attack. As if they county was in good shape.

Anyway...I'm ranting now, so I'll stop. I did thank you because I feel you are sincere, although I believe wrong on some points.

History will bare it out though, we'll pretty much know whether or not Obama truly was extending his arm by 2012. That much of history will be written by then.

i cant stand both sides Marc.....and at one time i was leaning to the left....after posting here and seeing what Lefties like Dean and truth matters spew......it kinda pushed me back the other way.....those two are deranged and make the left look bad.....but then i seen the shit that Righties like Pubes and Namvet were spewing.....i dont need either party.... they both want Divisiveness and angst between the people.....screw them both.....

The honest answer is that we exist in a plutocracy and your leaders will be chosen for you by the plutocracy.

Electronic voting is a fraud and Americans vote on systems one would expect in third world countries. There is more integrity in the election systems in Kenya than the United States .. which doesn't even come close to the systems in Brazil.

Your systems are fraudulent and your politicians are bought and paid for.

Therein lies the truth that Americans don't want to hear.

The honest answer is that we exist in a plutocracy and your leaders will be chosen for you by the plutocracy.

Electronic voting is a fraud and Americans vote on systems one would expect in third world countries. There is more integrity in the election systems in Kenya than the United States .. which doesn't even come close to the systems in Brazil.

Your systems are fraudulent and your politicians are bought and paid for.

Therein lies the truth that Americans don't want to hear.

^^^^^^^^^^:lol::cuckoo:
conspiracy.jpg

Forum List

Back