Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture

]A primary symptom of the affliction.
`
You have to admit, when it comes to PC, tump has zeroed in on a unified fraction that are into "identity politics". Identity politics blows off the model of traditional quid pro quo politics, presupposing instead that the most important thing about us is that we are white, black, male, female, straight, gay, and so on. While this is true for both left and white, I see it has a greater stranglehold on the right. This self/group identity mode is so powerful now, it is poised to crush PC and unfortunately along with it, many common courtesies.
`
I look at the Right - and yeah, definitely driven by the Trump, er, phenomenon - as having created its own ideological closed circuit off to one side of the political spectrum. They have their own "news" and "information" sources, they have talk radio and associated websites, and they exist in a world of their own creation. And anything that doesn't fit is "fake news".

The problem is that they have perfectly valid points about PC, Identity Politics, and much of media. It's that fact that drives this. So I can't say it's pure fantasy, it's just reality multiplied by hyperbole and binary thought and driven into its own little isolated world.

I look at the Right - and yeah, definitely driven by the Trump, er, phenomenon - as having created its own ideological closed circuit off to one side of the political spectrum. They have their own "news" and "information" sources, they have talk radio and associated websites, and they exist in a world of their own creation. And anything that doesn't fit is "fake news".The problem is that they have perfectly valid points about PC, Identity Politics, and much of media. It's that fact that drives this. It's not all fantasy, it's just reality multiplied by hyperbole and driven into its own little isolated world.
`
Oh, I'm not saying they don't have a point. It was PC run amuck that was partly to blame for all this. However the sides have become so intransigent in such things, it has elevated itself into a religious faith where the believer can no longer tell the difference between ideological rhetoric and an actual faith on a God. Identity politics has created it's own niche. When those of the PC driven, identity political refer to America, they refer to their interpretation of it. This does not bode well for the U.S.

Say Trump 2020 on World of Warcraft forums and you paid subscribed account will get perma banned for a first ever infraction.

Say Hillary 2020 and genocide racist white people and you'll become a community moderator of World of Warcraft General Discussion forums.

Btw...that for all non-political forums and messageboards today, not just world of warcraft. LOLOLOLOL

Liar. You are just making shit up now because you have nothing else.
No this really happened to me, I made a thread on it or MMO champion. It's well known that any conservative remark or jest in gaming culture/forums will get you insta banned.

Perma banned on WoW forums for saying Trump 2020 Maga (trolling?) picture proof - Page 5

Here's photo proof (ironically it occured on a thread where someone was complaining about being silenced due to over zealous PC culture). The moderator even went so far as to heavily edit what I wrote, and then e-mail me the edited version as the original infraction. But it's ok, becasue no one but me will ever know (or be able to prove) what the original comment stated.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767727223?page=7
Trump-2020.png

Last edited:
What, are you on drugs or something?
Please point to where I said all corporations are evil, and inherently so.
After not being able to do that, please convince me that our government is not corrupted by the larger corporations and their interest. To a point, that they absolutely now represent them more than us.

here is what you said
"All of this is encouraged by the establishment who very much want to keep Americans divided and fighting each other rather than paying attention to the real enemy: Corporatism. WHich has now wholly corrupted the federal government and the media."

feel free to correct it if you misspoke, otherwise own it.

Ok....so where in that do you find that I am saying all corporations are inherently evil?
Are you unfamiliar with the term Corporatism?
Let me help...

Cor·po·rat·ism
ˈkôrp(ə)rəˌtizəm/
noun
noun: corporatism
  1. the control of a state or organization by large interest groups.

I fully understand the definition of corporatism. You implied that the government was corrupt because of corporate control. I think it is corrupt because to the greed of the lifetime politicians who are milking the corporations and the taxpayers. What we need is term limits, age limits, and income limits for all elected officials. Corporatism is the result, not the cause.

I agree with all of your measures, only I believe it is a mutual corruption...better word would be collusion between the two.

corporations exist for one reason and one reason only, to make money for their stock holders. There is nothing evil or corrupt about that. Whats evil and corrupt is when government "employees" trade influence for money. Do you ever wonder how so many congresspersons are multi millionaires on a salary of less than 200K per year?

And there is where we will part.
It is "evil" how corporations screw over 1,000's of people to satisfy single digit profit % increases for a few dozen people.
It is also "evil" to knowingly reduce the quality and or safety of a product while increasing prices to again maximize profits for an extraordinary small number of shareholders.
It is "evil" to layoff 1000's of dedicated employees who surrounded their lives around a company, only to lose their jobs so the corporation can move operations to take advantage of what is essentially slave labor so, again, a few dozen shareholders can make more money.
You may not think that is evil...I absolutely do.

Unfortunately, yes. I said here many times that a pushback was coming, but I underestimated it.

Political Correctness: The pushback continues

The Regressives refuse to see it.

So you are okay if Trump's racism wins, because, hey, we aren't coddling white males enough... yes, we've heard this sad story before, Stormy.

News Flash, Stormy. The "Pushback" has been happening since the 1960's, when Tricky Dick employed the Southern Strategy to get stupid white people to vote against their own economic interests. And these working class dumb fucks keep scratching their heads wondering why they are falling further and further behind while the investor class parasites keep getting richer.

But, no Trump didn't win because those poor oppressed white males had enough. In fact, Trump did less well with white people than Mitt Romney did. What made the difference was all those white people who voted for Stein and Johnson because "Hillary was a Crook" and "She had it in the bag, anyway."

The problem is that they have perfectly valid points about PC, Identity Politics, and much of media. It's that fact that drives this. So I can't say it's pure fantasy, it's just reality multiplied by hyperbole and binary thought and driven into its own little isolated world.

I think it's actually the opposite. The MSM tries to tell "both sides', so they treat both sides like they have equally legitimate points. Trump got to where he was because the MSM gave him lots and lots of free media time. And because we are a society that confuses celebrity with merit.

Say Trump 2020 on World of Warcraft forums and you paid subscribed account will get perma banned for a first ever infraction.

Say Hillary 2020 and genocide racist white people and you'll become a community moderator of World of Warcraft General Discussion forums.

Btw...that for all non-political forums and messageboards today, not just world of warcraft. LOLOLOLOL

Liar. You are just making shit up now because you have nothing else.
No this really happened to me, I made a thread on it or MMO champion. It's well known that any conservative remark or jest in gaming culture/forums will get you insta banned.

Perma banned on WoW forums for saying Trump 2020 Maga (trolling?) picture proof - Page 5

Here's photo proof (ironically it occured on a thread where someone was complaining about being silenced due to over zealous PC culture). The moderator even went so far as to heavily edit what I wrote, and then e-mail me the edited version as the original infraction. But it's ok, becasue no one but me will ever know (or be able to prove) what the original comment stated.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767727223?page=7
Trump-2020.png

Perhaps it was calling someone a SJW that was the issue?

I look at the Right - and yeah, definitely driven by the Trump, er, phenomenon - as having created its own ideological closed circuit off to one side of the political spectrum. They have their own "news" and "information" sources, they have talk radio and associated websites, and they exist in a world of their own creation. And anything that doesn't fit is "fake news".The problem is that they have perfectly valid points about PC, Identity Politics, and much of media. It's that fact that drives this. It's not all fantasy, it's just reality multiplied by hyperbole and driven into its own little isolated world.
`
Oh, I'm not saying they don't have a point. It was PC run amuck that was partly to blame for all this. However the sides have become so intransigent in such things, it has elevated itself into a religious faith where the believer can no longer tell the difference between ideological rhetoric and an actual faith on a God. Identity politics has created it's own niche. When those of the PC driven, identity political refer to America, they refer to their interpretation of it. This does not bode well for the U.S.
Yeah, I look at both ends of this as fundamentalists. You can no more successfully communicate with someone like that, either end, than you can with a wild-eyed teenager on the streets of Damascus or a protest sign-holding Westboro Baptist Church member picketing the funeral of a soldier.

The problem obviously is that they both have so much fucking influence.

Yeah, I look at both ends of this as fundamentalists. You can no more successfully communicate with someone like that, either end, than you can with a wild-eyed teenager on the streets of Damascus or a protest sign-holding Westboro Baptist Church member picketing the funeral of a soldier.

The problem obviously is that they both have so much influence.

Funny, the only fanatic I see here is you, Stormy Mac.

You know how you can tell a fanatic? He's the one who won't engage the other side in debate... that's a fanatic.

It's one who ignores obvious counter explanations.

Here, let's try one.

"Trump won because Democrats used PC to alienate White Males, the poor oppressed babies".

"Um, no. Trump got less of a percentage of the vote than Romney did. He won because Hillary was disliked, and because third party votes took away margins in swing states."

"You're a FANATIC! How dare you challenge my wonderful theory with numbers and facts?"

See how that works, Stormy? Oh, wait, you can't because after I whooped your ass so many time, you put me on ignore like that's going to fix your little problem.

Not to worry, everyone else is having a laugh at your expense here.

<snip/unsnip>But, no Trump didn't win because those poor oppressed white males had enough. In fact, Trump did less well with white people than Mitt Romney did. What made the difference was all those white people who voted for Stein and Johnson because "Hillary was a Crook" and "She had it in the bag, anyway."
`
Your opinion. There is no general consensus as to why tump won. Thousands of different theories exist. LMGTFY The reasons vary wildly. However, among the common denominators is race and the angry white male.

<snip/unsnip>But, no Trump didn't win because those poor oppressed white males had enough. In fact, Trump did less well with white people than Mitt Romney did. What made the difference was all those white people who voted for Stein and Johnson because "Hillary was a Crook" and "She had it in the bag, anyway."
`
Your opinion. There is no general consensus as to why tump won. Thousands of different theories exist. LMGTFY The reasons vary wildly. However, among the common denominators is race and the angry white male.

"Race"? "Angry White Males"?

I wonder what we could be angry about? I mean, just because we vote for a guy with great policies on Trade and Immigration, and we get called all kinds of vile names for it.

`

I wonder what we could be angry about? I mean, just because we vote for a guy with great policies on Trade and Immigration, and we get called all kinds of vile names for it.

As if he only has policies on trade and immigration and doesn't call people vile names all the time.

Funny how you don't like being called vile names, but you'll vote for a guy who dishes it out daily.

`

As if he only has policies on trade and immigration and doesn't call people vile names all the time.

Funny how you don't like being called vile names, but you'll vote for a guy who dishes it out daily.

Trump calls out people in the game, or people who actually do shit, that deserve being called out.

"White males" fit neither of those categories, yet libs smear us all the time.

Has Trump ever called out "black women", for the obvious counter example?

And, this, unfortunately, is where commentators get lazy.

Trump got 57% of the white vote, compared to Mitt romney who got 59% of the white vote. John McCain got 55% of the white vote and the last time a Democrat WON the white vote was 1964. So the idea that Trump benefited from some angry white male backlash is just kind of silly. That backlash happened a long time ago, when Democrats decided they were against racism and segregation. The fact that McCain STILL won white males after Bush messed up everything, and no one was all that enthusiastic for him, says that boat sailed a long time ago.

No, what happened was that moderate white people voted for Stein and Johnson, because Hillary is just so awful. The Democrats never, ever should have run her. Period. Too much baggage, too unpleasant, too corrupt....

The only diffrence between Trump and all those past Republicans is that he's pretty open about his racism, and those other guys used code words.

`
"Angry white male is a pejorative term for white males holding what is viewed as a typically conservative to reactionary viewpoint in the context of U.S. politics, typically characterized by "opposition to liberal anti-discriminatory policies" and beliefs. In particular, angry white males stereotypically oppose affirmative action policies and feminism". - Source
`
Like it or not, the term "angry white male" is now a part of our political lexicon, used to describe certain people.
`

`
"Angry white male is a pejorative term for white males holding what is viewed as a typically conservative to reactionary viewpoint in the context of U.S. politics, typically characterized by "opposition to liberal anti-discriminatory policies" and beliefs. In particular, angry white males stereotypically oppose affirmative action policies and feminism". - Source
`
Like it or not, the term "angry white male" is now a part of our political lexicon, used to describe certain people.
`

Your own source defines it as a "pejorative ".

Was that your intent in your post? To insult people who oppose "affirmative action and feminism"?

`
`
`

Because it describes them accurately.

It's people who blame not the rich people who are screwing them, but people of color who are worse off than they are. Anger makes you irrational. Anger is a good way to deflect from the real problems.

And the GOP has pulled this bit of misdirection since 1968, when Tricky Dick employed the Southern Strategy.

Play on your racial, sexual and religious fears to get you to vote against your own economic interests.

There is no general consensus as to why tump won. Thousands of different theories exist. LMGTFY The reasons vary wildly. However, among the common denominators is race and the angry white male.

It's the flipside of the equally-vapid argument from the left wrong that the only reason we opposed Obama's policies was that he's black and we're racists. Apparently, we on the right are only allowed to support or oppose policies based on the race of the person putting them forth, rather than on the merits of those policies themselves.

Forum List

Back