What is the essential difference between right and left ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
The left live in hope and the right live in fear.

I have always felt that things can always get better but my right wing friends think that things can only get worse.

Progressive is a positive. If it wasnt we would still be living in caves.

The essential differences are that the Left like the following policies, the Right like better ones
1. open borders
2. Sanctuary cities
3. Free college
4. Free Healthcare
5. Eliminate ICE
6. Globalism
7. Paris Climate Change Treaty where the US pays $trillions to poor countries
8. Stupid trade agreements
9. Let China run roughshod over the US for trade and intellectual property
10. Let NK develop nukes and delivery systems
11. Tax corporations so they relocate overseas
12. Max food stamps instead of good paying jobs
13. Opioid problem running rampant across the US
14. Gangs like MS-13 running rampant across the US
15. No steel or mining industries due to foreign "dumping" of subsidized products
16. No new pipelines
17. No offshore drilling
18. No privacy as tech giants like google and facebook work with dems to promote liberalism
19. Colleges deny any speakers except liberals and indoctrinate kids to be lifelong liberals or flunk out
20. The dems allow only super-delegates to vote and deny regular people to vote in primaries (exaggeration)
21. Pack the US Supreme Court to promote liberal policies
22. Impeach anyone they deem not liberal enough, like Kavanaugh
23. Use the Federal Government to punish conservatives, like the IRS and Lois Lerner hounded conservatives
24. Use the Intel community to spy on the opposition party, like Hillary, FusionGPS, and the FBI/DOJ spied on Trump and published the Steele Dossier
25. Sell US secrets like Wen Ho Lee sold nuke secrets to China, and Hillary sold uranium to the Russians via the UraniumOne scam
26. Have the Black Panthers or antifa guard urban polling stations with clubs to keep conservative voters away, guarantee those 300,000 to 0 results
27. Do not allow conservative blacks on TV, keep those urban plantations 100% democrat.
28. Allow the ACLU, and BLM to protect criminals and put blue lives in danger. Stop and frisk saved lives, democrat Chicago is a war zone
29. Smear GOP candidates because you can't defend the above, hire bimbos to claim they've been sexually assaulted

Lol. That was one of the funniest thing I have read all week.

The left wants to do away with everything that made the country great. They want to let the dregs of other countries live here with benefits paid while sending money to other countries to support that country.

The right wants to have a proper immigration policy that allows only qualified people in that want to live here and not be a drain on society. They want them to keep the money they make and not finance other countries. They want to keep the same ideals and values held by those that founded this country and made it a world power.

Guess it all depends on if you live in the country and care about it or are living in another country and don't care about this one.

I have always felt that things can always get better but my right wing friends think that things can only get worse.

The right lives in hope that the left will disappear off the face of this earth and believe that it could only makes things better.

I don't understand the desire to reduce the complexity of that dichotomy to an essence—especially considering its relativity to time and culture.

Although, if I'm being honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the left/right divide. I feel like no matter what we do it will always be reductive.

The essential differences are that the Left like the following policies, the Right like better ones
1. open borders
2. Sanctuary cities
3. Free college
4. Free Healthcare
5. Eliminate ICE
6. Globalism
7. Paris Climate Change Treaty where the US pays $trillions to poor countries
8. Stupid trade agreements
9. Let China run roughshod over the US for trade and intellectual property
10. Let NK develop nukes and delivery systems
11. Tax corporations so they relocate overseas
12. Max food stamps instead of good paying jobs
13. Opioid problem running rampant across the US
14. Gangs like MS-13 running rampant across the US
15. No steel or mining industries due to foreign "dumping" of subsidized products
16. No new pipelines
17. No offshore drilling
18. No privacy as tech giants like google and facebook work with dems to promote liberalism
19. Colleges deny any speakers except liberals and indoctrinate kids to be lifelong liberals or flunk out
20. The dems allow only super-delegates to vote and deny regular people to vote in primaries (exaggeration)
21. Pack the US Supreme Court to promote liberal policies
22. Impeach anyone they deem not liberal enough, like Kavanaugh
23. Use the Federal Government to punish conservatives, like the IRS and Lois Lerner hounded conservatives
24. Use the Intel community to spy on the opposition party, like Hillary, FusionGPS, and the FBI/DOJ spied on Trump and published the Steele Dossier
25. Sell US secrets like Wen Ho Lee sold nuke secrets to China, and Hillary sold uranium to the Russians via the UraniumOne scam
26. Have the Black Panthers or antifa guard urban polling stations with clubs to keep conservative voters away, guarantee those 300,000 to 0 results
27. Do not allow conservative blacks on TV, keep those urban plantations 100% democrat.
28. Allow the ACLU, and BLM to protect criminals and put blue lives in danger. Stop and frisk saved lives, democrat Chicago is a war zone
29. Smear GOP candidates because you can't defend the above, hire bimbos to claim they've been sexually assaulted

Most of those sound like things centrists would support—not leftists. Unless you consider liberals like those in the Democratic Party to be leftists.

Communists, anarchists, etc are typically seen to be left-wing throughout most of the world. But again, I'm not a huge fan of the left/right divide.

To tell you the truth, there isn't much difference. Each side believes theirs is the only right way to run things.

Both have started to devolve and drift further and further towards the fringe element.

The major problem is progressives want more and bigger government. Conservatives do too, but lesser so than progs. Hence the major problem of our time.

If only both sides would recognize the obvious. Government sucks ALWAYS. It is designed to empower and enrich a small elite. It accomplishes this extraordinarily well.

The major problem is progressives want more and bigger government. Conservatives do too, but lesser so than progs. Hence the major problem of our time.

If only both sides would recognize the obvious. Government sucks ALWAYS. It is designed to empower and enrich a small elite. It accomplishes this extraordinarily well.

Before you can get people to recognize the obvious, they have to stop demonizing the other side. The more people are divided, the easier it is for their freedoms to be taken.

What a simplistic way of looking at things

I think George Will nailed it. Outside their superficial ideological fronts, the right wants government to "punish the wicked", and the left wants government to "protect the weak". I'm referring to the desires of voters here, not the ambitions of politicians. Near as I can tell, the ambition of the politicians, right and left, is sheer power.

One of the biggest differences between Right and Left is the Right doesn't write and think stupid shit like: "The left live in hope and the right live in fear."

Your opening line says it all. You don’t get it.

One of the biggest differences between Right and Left is the Right doesn't write and think stupid shit like: "The left live in hope and the right live in fear."
The right are incapable of such insight.

I’ve never met you, but I can tell you, I am a very positive person and live a very fulfilling and happy life. No fear here sport, sooo your conclusion is erroneous.

Forum List

Back