China's Nio unveils Tesla Model Y rival

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England

Chinese electric vehicle (EV) maker Nio has unveiled the first car from its new lower-priced brand Onvo, in a direct challenge to Tesla's best-selling car.

With prices starting at 219,900 yuan ($30,465, £23,990), the L60 SUV is more than 10% cheaper than the world's most popular EV, Tesla's Model Y, which has a price tag of 249,900 yuan.

I've put this in current events because of the next part in the link -

It comes in the same week that US President Joe Biden announced he would quadruple the import tax on electric cars from China.

So my question is, a few years ago Lefties/Democrats ranted and screamed at Trump increasing import taxes, but Biden is doing the same.

So, those that screamed last time, could you please give me your defence for Biden when he does it?

Chinese electric vehicle (EV) maker Nio has unveiled the first car from its new lower-priced brand Onvo, in a direct challenge to Tesla's best-selling car.

With prices starting at 219,900 yuan ($30,465, £23,990), the L60 SUV is more than 10% cheaper than the world's most popular EV, Tesla's Model Y, which has a price tag of 249,900 yuan.

It comes in the same week that US President Joe Biden announced he would quadruple the import tax on electric cars from China.

So my question is, a few years ago Lefties/Democrats ranted and screamed at Trump increasing import taxes, but Biden is doing the same.

So, those that screamed last time, could you please give me your defence for Biden when he does it?
Oh you didn't know? Everything that Trump did that was wrong
Is OK for Biden to do. It's so childishly predictable that it's almost too stupid to mention.

Only 10% cheaper than the rival Tesla Y?!!
That is not going to cut it! If it were 50% cheaper, then yeah, that would be huge. But who the fuck is going to trust a Harbor Freight kind of car, when for just a little more you can have a much better standard?

While the U.S. was churning out gas guzzling trucks we were surpassed by those investing in new technology. No surprise. And now this dumbass moron complains about tariffs in his OP after fighting against developing EV's his entire life.

There is no defense. All Biden is doing is showing how little difference there is when it comes to actual governing between the two parties

While the U.S. was churning out gas guzzling trucks we were surpassed by those investing in new technology. No surprise. And now this dumbass moron complains about tariffs in his OP after fighting against developing EV's his entire life.
Don't forget to complain about Biden too over tariffs -

There is no defense. All Biden is doing is showing how little difference there is when it comes to actual governing between the two parties
I think there were/are differences in the way the tariffs of the two Presidents are structured.

Forum List

Back