Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture

Absolutely. They didn't see an end to the definition of "acceptable queer". The rest of us did. Hence election 2016.

You mean the one where Hillary won by 3 million votes, and no one talked about transgender at all, because Trump has trans and gay friends.

If anything, 2016 shows that homophobia is a good thing to drop, because Trump didn't talk about it and he kind of won with Russian help.

I done being insulted by people who expect me to smile and give them civility that they don't give me.

I am a republican, as are most of my friends. NONE of them or I, are racists nor misogynists nor xenophobes.

Naw, you're not racist. You just want to build a wall to tell brown people how much you hate them and you think you are being oppressed because you are a white male.

`
...."According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Most members of the “exhausted majority,” and then some, dislike political correctness. Among the general population, a full 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” Even young people are uncomfortable with it, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24. On this particular issue, the woke are in a clear minority across all ages"
.... Source
`
`

Hollywood and the entertainment media are the ones behind pushing the PC culture. This is followed by a heavy hand from politicians and others to forcefully conform to a new order. However well intentioned as it may seem to be, I don't like to be forced to do, think or say anything. Some things are common sense; don't say hurtful things to people. Be kind to people. But when it comes to forcing me, or anyone else for that matter, to accept things they don't agree with in the name of political correctness, that's going to cause blowback. The election tump is one example of this.

I may lean left but that hardly means I'm going to roll over for PC, especially if I feel it's being forced.
`
:beer::clap2::clap2::clap2:

One thing you prove, with age, does not come wisdom...or civility.

Naw, with age, you basically lose patience with stupidity...

My point stands, though... the GOP has gotten very good at getting white people to vote against their own interests by playing on their racial fears. Trump just put the poison in concentrated form.

But people like you and Stormy Mac will get on here and whine about PC.

Naw, with age, you basically lose patience with stupidity... My point stands, though... the GOP has gotten very good at getting white people to vote against their own interests by playing on their racial fears. Trump just put the poison in concentrated form.But people like you and Stormy Mac will get on here and whine about PC.
`
Coming from you, that means nothing, intellectual that is. Aside from the fact that you live here (over 100,000 posts) I'm surprised some of the knowledge here hasn't rubbed off on you. Of course, as always, you are welcome to your own opinions.

I done being insulted by people who expect me to smile and give them civility that they don't give me.I am a republican, as are most of my friends. NONE of them or I, are racists nor misogynists nor xenophobes.Would you like me to now insult you?
`
You seriously FEEL insulted by words in an online political discussion forum?

I AM insulted by insults. That's what insults DO. That is what YOU are DOING, when you INSULT white men.

Your pretense otherwise, is either you being very oblivious, or very dishonest.

YOu call me "angry" as though it is something wrong with ME, and then express surprise that I "feel" insulted, by insults.

You mean the one where Hillary won by 3 million votes, and no one talked about transgender at all, because Trump has trans and gay friends.

If anything, 2016 shows that homophobia is a good thing to drop, because Trump didn't talk about it and he kind of won with Russian help.

Yeah. Nobody talked about deranged males allowed/forced in girls’ bathrooms at schools as the dem mandate. Not publicly at least. Because the yoke of PC fear kept them from talking.

Trump May have unavoidably been photographed with one or two or twenty of NY’s demented icons but that’s not the same as signing an executive order forcing little girls to endure deranged or otherwise cunning boys in their locker rooms at school.

The voters disgusted by both chose the lesser of two evils. Privately. Behind the curtain at their local polls. Without saying much at all about their stunned visceral shock.

I AM insulted by insults. That's what insults DO. That is what YOU are DOING, when you INSULT white men.Your pretense otherwise, is either you being very oblivious, or very dishonest.YOu call me "angry" as though it is something wrong with ME, and then express surprise that I "feel" insulted, by insults.
`
`

18firstwords-master768.jpg

I AM insulted by insults. That's what insults DO. That is what YOU are DOING, when you INSULT white men.Your pretense otherwise, is either you being very oblivious, or very dishonest.YOu call me "angry" as though it is something wrong with ME, and then express surprise that I "feel" insulted, by insults....

..(and one post later)....You are an asshole.

There there.. :itsok:

Do you also curl into the fetal position when it's a cloudy day and you wanted sun instead?

The world is a harsh place for snowflakes for sure. You're a product of the "everybody gets a trophy" generation. The most valuable thing a child learns from playing team sports is that at any given time you can either be a winner or a loser...and life still goes on. You can come back to win another day by improving your skills and yourself. The winning is the lesser of the two lessons. The kids walk a line after each game and the winners shake hands with the losers & vice versa. You don't see the losing team walking along bashing the heads of the winners in with baseball bats.

I had to toughen up despite the endless insults slung my way in life; not the least of which right here at USMB. If I can get through it, so can you. You don't like others' opinions so your ilk feels justified beating them up? Fine, just don't cry crocodile tears or call them "asshole" when the oscillating fan blows the shit back the other way.

Do you think "asshole" is an insulting term or not?
`
`

Last edited:
I AM insulted by insults. That's what insults DO. That is what YOU are DOING, when you INSULT white men.Your pretense otherwise, is either you being very oblivious, or very dishonest.YOu call me "angry" as though it is something wrong with ME, and then express surprise that I "feel" insulted, by insults.

There there.. :itsok:

Do you also curl into the fetal position when it's a cloudy day and you wanted sun instead? The world is a harsh place for snowflakes for sure. You're a product of the "everybody gets a trophy" generation. The most valuable thing a child learns from playing team sports is that at any given time you can either be a winner or a loser...and life still goes on. You can come back to win another day. The winning is the lesser of the two lessons.

I had to toughen up despite the endless insults slung my way in life; not the least of which right here at USMB. If I can get through it, so can you. You don't like my opinion so your ilk feels justified beating me up? Fine, just don't cry crocodile tears when the fan blows the shit back the other way.
`
`

No, I am a product of the generation where you libs are rude assholes to people like me, and then wonder why we are fucking tired of your shit.

It is your ilk that has been feeling justified beating up people for disagreeing, or getting them fired, or ruining their careers or lives, or even imprisoning them.

It is MY ilk that has begun to fight back, and this is the shit blowing back on you now.

And it is just getting started asshole.

No, I am a product of the generation where you libs are rude assholes to people like me, and then wonder why we are fucking tired of your shit. It is your ilk that has been feeling justified beating up people for disagreeing, or getting them fired, or ruining their careers or lives, or even imprisoning them. It is MY ilk that has begun to fight back, and this is the shit blowing back on you now....And it is just getting started asshole.

I'm a free-speech advocate. You are....?

No, I am a product of the generation where you libs are rude assholes to people like me, and then wonder why we are fucking tired of your shit. It is your ilk that has been feeling justified beating up people for disagreeing, or getting them fired, or ruining their careers or lives, or even imprisoning them. It is MY ilk that has begun to fight back, and this is the shit blowing back on you now....And it is just getting started asshole.

I'm a free-speech advocate. You are....?

Then wtf are you doing on the LEft?

Coming from you, that means nothing, intellectual that is. Aside from the fact that you live here (over 100,000 posts) I'm surprised some of the knowledge here hasn't rubbed off on you. Of course, as always, you are welcome to your own opinions.

So your inability to comprehend the point, you make it a personal issue.
I'm usually here about an hour a day most days, so much for 'living here'.

And, no, people who sputter nonsense about "Political Correctness" really have no "Wisdom", they just parrot some nonsense they heard on hate radio like they had an original thought.

Yeah. Nobody talked about deranged males allowed/forced in girls’ bathrooms at schools as the dem mandate. Not publicly at least. Because the yoke of PC fear kept them from talking.

Trump May have unavoidably been photographed with one or two or twenty of NY’s demented icons but that’s not the same as signing an executive order forcing little girls to endure deranged or otherwise cunning boys in their locker rooms at school.

The voters disgusted by both chose the lesser of two evils. Privately. Behind the curtain at their local polls. Without saying much at all about their stunned visceral shock.

Uh, the voters picked Hillary... So if your logic is that 2016 was a referendum on transexuals, then America said, "Yeah, we're okay with that."

Of course, it wasn't. It was a referendum on which of these idiots was the least noxious.. which Hillary won the popular vote on and Trump won the Dumb System Created by Slave Rapists who didn't Trust the People.

Forum List

Back