American Flag Symbol of Racism?

Are you two sissy boy's offended? Call the PC police, bitches.

I have an immediate member of my family who has Down Syndrome, and on occasion I'll use the word "retarded". The PC police are out hand-core. You don't have the right to not be offended in this country. It is NOT the same as other "minority words", why?

The word "retard" doesn't actually refer to somebody who's cognitively impaired (by definition), all it means is to slow/hinder some thing. So when people say that something is "retarded" they're saying that it's dumb....it's not a reference to somebody who is actually is cognitively impaired (like Down Syndrome).

In this country tons of black people were murdered while being called "*******", that's not the case with the word "retard"...it is NOT the same.

When people use the word "******", they DO intend to mean somebody who's black. When they say "fag", or "****" they ARE referring to gay/Jewish people. When say the worded "retarded" they're not referring to the cognitively impaired. There's a big difference.

I feel like most people who're in the campaign against the word are: A) Family members who're insulted by the word B) People who go around looking for a reason to be insulted or C) People who're trying to feel better about themselves.

I have an immediate member of my family who has Down Syndrome, and on occasion I'll use the word "retarded". The PC police are out hand-core. You don't have the right to not be offended in this country. It is NOT the same as other "minority words", why?

The word "retard" doesn't actually refer to somebody who's cognitively impaired (by definition), all it means is to slow/hinder some thing. So when people say that something is "retarded" they're saying that it's dumb....it's not a reference to somebody who is actually is cognitively impaired (like Down Syndrome).

In this country tons of black people were murdered while being called "*******", that's not the case with the word "retard"...it is NOT the same.

When people use the word "******", they DO intend to mean somebody who's black. When they say "fag", or "****" they ARE referring to gay/Jewish people. When say the worded "retarded" they're not referring to the cognitively impaired. There's a big difference.

I feel like most people who're in the campaign against the word are: A) Family members who're insulted by the word B) People who go around looking for a reason to be insulted or C) People who're trying to feel better about themselves.

Well, I too have a close family member who has Down Syndrome, and I am offended by the use of the word. I agree with you, folks use the word with out thinking about it, the same way they say something is, "ghey." The LGBT movement would still like to see that word removed from the lexicon as a disparaging word though. I think.

As you have a family member with Downs, I am sure that every time you do use the word "retarded" out of habit, you probably stop and reflect about it afterwords, and maybe think that a more suitable word like moron, imbecile, or idiot might have been more appropriate. Can you honestly say you don't feel a twinge of guilt or remorse for that foot in your mouth when you have the mental image of your cherished innocent relative in your mind's eye?

Well, I too have a close family member who has Down Syndrome, and I am offended by the use of the word. I agree with you, folks use the word with out thinking about it, the same way they say something is, "ghey." The LGBT movement would still like to see that word removed from the lexicon as a disparaging word though. I think.

As you have a family member with Downs, I am sure that every time you do use the word "retarded" out of habit, you probably stop and reflect about it afterwords, and maybe think that a more suitable word like moron, imbecile, or idiot might have been more appropriate. Can you honestly say you don't feel a twinge of guilt or remorse for that foot in your mouth when you have the mental image of your cherished innocent relative in your mind's eye?

I think that using the word offends the parents/family members of the cognitively impaired rather than the actual person. I do try and use other words instead, but sometimes it just comes out and honestly I really don't feel bad about it. Some people look for reasons to get offended in my opinion. I don't have the time and effort in life to get offended by people using the word in a non-derogatory (albeit ignorant) way.

The pain that thinking seems to cause some people. It's inspiring.

The American flag means different things to different people. To some...it is a symbol of aggression and oppression. To others...a symbol of freedom and opportunity.

Isn't it controversial? Let's discuss it!
Depends, anybody what can to associate in own imagination.

It symbol of my great dream. I fell in love with your country. I have never traveled to the USA. Already, I very look forward to seeing America.

Recently I undertook casual sewing and I sewed five American table-flags also and I was very happy so much.
IMG_20151021_212835.jpg

Forum List

Back