American Flag Symbol of Racism?

It wouldn't be at all surprising to see this conversation on a national level before long.

Maybe we'll have a period of cleansing in this country in which we eliminate all words, phrases, symbols, icons and objects that may "offend" a certain political group.

The central government can then enforce these laws with a specific group of officers charged specifically with those crimes. Watching and listening for lawbreakers.

To prove our allegiance to these laws, perhaps we can have a phrase that we should recite, maybe with some kind of hand/arm movement, whenever those officers are around.

There might need to be something done about the specific religion that clearly offends these people more than other religions do and may present a threat to us all.

We'll be happy then.

you want to compare the confederate battle flag, sent flying over segregationist states after they were forced to desegregate with the american flag?

okie dokie...
Straw man, I'm not comparing the two flags.

As I clearly said, it wouldn't surprise me to see a conversation about the American flag. Two different flags.

So, it would not surprise me to see someone else compare the two.

Clear?

you're claiming to not compare the two flags, but you're making up in your head a circumstance where the flags are treated the same.

it was clear when i read your initial post. your pretense that you aren't doing what i said and calling it by another came is disingenuous. in other words, we see through you.

clear?
Okie dokie.

So I got to thinking today, and for the record I'm against the Confederate flag being flown on public property (due to it being a flag that doesn't represent the USA)-but I support anybody's right to do so on private property (and I don't think most people who fly it do it for racist intentions)...but what about the US flag?

People are claiming that the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism/oppression because of slavery in the south. If that's your argument, fine.

However, with that logic how could the American flag NOT be a symbol of racism/oppression. After all the USA slaughtered millions of Natives, and their symbol was the American flag. During the Trail of Tears what flag did they fight under? The American flag.

So if the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism/oppression against black people...how could the American flag not be a symbol of racism/oppression against Natives?
Good point, but the American people should not be concerned about the Confederate flag.

They should be worried about FALSE FLAGS perpetrated by their own out-of-control government.
Worry About False Flags LewRockwell.com

Mac basically said that he expects that liberal Americans will ban free speech, adopt a fascist salute and commit acts of genocide against Christians. Did he say that because he wants to have a mature, adult conversation?

Anyone?

So I got to thinking today, and for the record I'm against the Confederate flag being flown on public property (due to it being a flag that doesn't represent the USA)-but I support anybody's right to do so on private property (and I don't think most people who fly it do it for racist intentions)...but what about the US flag?

People are claiming that the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism/oppression because of slavery in the south. If that's your argument, fine.

However, with that logic how could the American flag NOT be a symbol of racism/oppression. After all the USA slaughtered millions of Natives, and their symbol was the American flag. During the Trail of Tears what flag did they fight under? The American flag.

So if the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism/oppression against black people...how could the American flag not be a symbol of racism/oppression against Natives?

That's true...But you're getting ahead of the progressive agenda. The American flag isn't scheduled to be targeted for a few years yet.

Good point, but the American people should not be concerned about the Confederate flag.

They should be worried about FALSE FLAGS perpetrated by their own out-of-control government.

I forgot to bring my tin foil hat.

Mac basically said that he expects that liberal Americans will ban free speech, adopt a fascist salute and commit acts of genocide against Christians. Did he say that because he wants to have a mature, adult conversation?

Anyone?
You would have to living under a rock not to know the radical Left advocates those things....or maybe just a run of the uninformed and indoctrinated liberal.

I forgot to bring my tin foil hat.
I'll get it for you. Where did you leave it?

You might try looking on your head first.

That's true...But you're getting ahead of the progressive agenda. The American flag isn't scheduled to be targeted for a few years yet.

Next on the agenda, churches and religion then they will move on to the flag

Next on the agenda, churches and religion then they will move on to the flag
Sadly, the fifth column never sleeps.

Anyone?
You would have to living under a rock not to know the radical Left advocates those things....or maybe just a run of the uninformed and indoctrinated liberal.

That Is too dumb for reasoned discussion. It's worth nothing more than a big "ARE YOU CRAZY?"

Anyone?

That Is too dumb for reasoned discussion. It's worth nothing more than a big "ARE YOU CRAZY?"
Really?

You need to get out more.

The US flag in many places is a flag of hypocrisy, of pretending to be the world's police, but acting more like the world's Stasi.

Anyone?

Really?

Sorry, but I usually don't hang with crazies.

The US flag in many places is a flag of hypocrisy, of pretending to be the world's police, but acting more like the world's Stasi.
And here we go!

Here we got what?

The world's police force which just happens to only bother going in when oil is at stake? Hmm......

Mali? Nope.
Ivory Coast? Nope.
Kenya? Nope.
Ukraine? Nope.
South Ossetia? Nope.
Syria? Nope.

OPEC Iraq? Yep.
OPEC Libya? Yep.

And here we go!

Here we got what?

The world's police force which just happens to only bother going in when oil is at stake? Hmm......

Mali? Nope.
Ivory Coast? Nope.
Kenya? Nope.
Ukraine? Nope.
South Ossetia? Nope.
Syria? Nope.

OPEC Iraq? Yep.
OPEC Libya? Yep.
Great, keep going.

Anyone?

Really?

Sorry, but I usually don't hang with crazies.
You may be under the common misconception that radicals only exist on the right. Sorry to blow up your little pity party, but there are many radicals on the Left. If you only open your eyes, you will see them.

You do have a point... but the difference is between America and the Confederacy is that America came out for the better. America learned and slavery was abolished, under that very same American flag.

I'm not so sure we came out better when it comes to the Natives though.
What are you talking about? Native Americans get free money for life, they don't have to follow nearly as many laws as the rest of us, they don't have to sign up for Obamacare, they get a free house, free land. They made out better than anyone.

Forum List

Back