America was FOUNDED on secession

No state guard is going to obey a governor's call for secession and armed resistance.

They will arrest the governor, hold a summary court-martial, and then dispatch said governor.

It isn't your land, dipshit, and you certainly don't own the people.

I didn't say mine, little tyke. I said ours. The People of the United States.

Secede and we'll show you how much you belong right back with us. In our fine prison establishments or our fine cemetaries.

You can move away though right now instead, if you like.

If you win the war, I will be fine with your right to secession. Because you won. But we both know that isn't going to happen.

What a tough guy you are.

Me? I'm not tough. That's why I have a military that protects me. And you better believe I support military action over a secession.

With so many states refusing to implement Obamacare and talking of secession, it's important to remember that the original 13 colonies seceded from England. Liberals say secession is treason but that's nonsense.

First off, I have not heard anyone other than FUCKING loons seriously Talking Succession. They are refusing to Comply with OBamacare because the court says they don't have to set up an exchange or expand Madicaid.

Second, the Supreme Court Decided the Issue of Succession after the Civil war, and they did not come down in Favor of it.

Basically there concept is one state can not just vote to leave the Union, leaving their Debt Obligations and taking resources that belong to the Nation not the State.

Why is it loony to secede? Is the government of the people? If the people feel that the government is no longer about them then I think it's very apropos to talk about it.

I didn't say mine, little tyke. I said ours. The People of the United States.

Secede and we'll show you how much you belong right back with us. In our fine prison establishments or our fine cemetaries.

You can move away though right now instead, if you like.

If you win the war, I will be fine with your right to secession. Because you won. But we both know that isn't going to happen.

What a tough guy you are.

Me? I'm not tough. That's why I have a military that protects me.

How does a state you don't live in choosing to secede threaten you that you would require protection?

If secession is illegal, then how were Virginia and New York allowed to specifically retain the right of secession when they joined the Union?

Really? Where in the Constitution is that?

It's not in the Constitution. It was part of their agreements for ratifying the Constitution. Rhode Island also made that clause. And Texas also has that clause as a condition of joining The Union.

The Legality of Secession

Also from the link:

many lawyers believe that the acceptance of these three ratifications (New York, Virginia, and Rhode Island) as valid guarantees all states the right to secede. This conclusion is based on the principle that whatever rights are held by some states must be held by all states. [Exceptional rights have been granted to some states in order to encourage them to join the Union. But those special rights were understood by all states already in the union at the time the states granted special rights were accepted.

Last edited:
With so many states refusing to implement Obamacare and talking of secession, it's important to remember that the original 13 colonies seceded from England. Liberals say secession is treason but that's nonsense.

First off, I have not heard anyone other than FUCKING loons seriously Talking Succession. They are refusing to Comply with OBamacare because the court says they don't have to set up an exchange or expand Madicaid.

Second, the Supreme Court Decided the Issue of Succession after the Civil war, and they did not come down in Favor of it.

Basically there concept is one state can not just vote to leave the Union, leaving their Debt Obligations and taking resources that belong to the Nation not the State.

Why is it loony to secede? Is the government of the people? If the people feel that the government is no longer about them then I think it's very apropos to talk about it.

Because the REST of the people who don't believe in you wanting to secede, feel quite strongly about how your secession will degrade the standing, power and stability of their country, the United States of America.

I love it when I hear people who have always played the "Real American" card and always talking about patriotism this, patriotism that, anti-Americans this, anti-Americans that, speaking about secession.

Sorry, you flirting with the idea of secession does not make you a good American.

Because the REST of the people who don't believe in you wanting to secede, feel quite strongly about how your secession will degrade the standing, power and stability of their country, the United States of America.

I love it when I hear people who have always played the "Real American" card and always talking about patriotism this, patriotism that, anti-Americans this, anti-Americans that, speaking about secession.

Sorry, you flirting with the idea of secession does not make you a good American.

Why not? The New England states considered secession at the Hartford Convention because they disagreed with the War of 1812 and wanted to broker a separate peace with Great Britian.

I guess New Englanders are not good Americans. :(

If secession is illegal, then how were Virginia and New York allowed to specifically retain the right of secession when they joined the Union?
Links to credible sources, please.

In their ratification of the Constitution.

States have historical right to secede | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

So, it isn't in the Constitution. I believe the last time this was tried, by Virginia in fact, it was denied - by New York. In any case, this has been resolved and if Perry is saying it - it is just for the sake of getting votes.

Sorry, the idea that to be a good American one has to give everlasting obedience to the U.S. government is nonsense.

It's not in the Constitution. It was part of their agreements for ratifying the Constitution. Rhode Island also made that clause. And Texas also has that clause as a condition of joining The Union.

Also from the link:

many lawyers believe that the acceptance of these three ratifications (New York, Virginia, and Rhode Island) as valid guarantees all states the right to secede. This conclusion is based on the principle that whatever rights are held by some states must be held by all states. [Exceptional rights have been granted to some states in order to encourage them to join the Union. But those special rights were understood by all states already in the union at the time the states granted special rights were accepted.

From endusmilitarism. Really? You are goofy.

Give us a credible link that clearly demonstrates that secession is constitutional and legal, although SCOTUS says it isn't.

I am proud of America; what we've accomplished and how we've been a liberator of oppressed people. That said, I'd be a patriotic goon to pretend that the people should just bow to corrupt leaders that are usurping the will of the people. I am not even saying that any state should secede. But is there not a point where secession is a relevant topic? Or do you say it doesn't matter, the government owns you?

Also from the link:

From endusmilitarism. Really? You are goofy.

Give us a credible link that clearly demonstrates that secession is constitutional and legal, although SCOTUS says it isn't.

I did. STFU. You didn't even give me a decent link. I gave you a great link that clarified history and made great points. I don't care if you agree with the P.O.V., but stop being an obtuse ass.

The Articles of Confederation established perpetual union.

If that's the case, then how did the Founding Fathers throw them in the trash can when they adopted the Constitution?

The Articles said that the union "shall be perpetual".

The Constitution was written to "form a more perfect union"

"more" perfect than what? More perfect than the union established in the Articles. Since the union in the Articles is in perpetuity, and the union in the Constitution is supposed to be even more perfect than the union in the Articles, its obvious the union in the Constitution is also one of perpetuity. Unless the definition of the words "union" and "more" were different back then.

I am proud of America; what we've accomplished and how we've been a liberator of oppressed people. That said, I'd be a patriotic goon to pretend that the people should just bow to corrupt leaders that are usurping the will of the people. I am not even saying that any state should secede. But is there not a point where secession is a relevant topic? Or do you say it doesn't matter, the government owns you?

The United States is doing fine, thank you.

It's already been demonstrated that VA, NY, and RI retained the right of secession in their acceptance of the Constitution. If secession was illegal or contrary to the founding, then that would have been the time for the Founders to say so, not after it happened, as in the case of Texas vs White.

The points are not great and your history is rewritten.

This is what I mean about Glenn Beck minions like you trying to pretend you are knowledgeable about the Great American Narrative.

Tell us why SCOTUS is not the final say, in your opinion.

Then union is Perfect and Perpetual.

Weirdo wackos from the far right or far left don't get to change it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back