America was FOUNDED on secession

With so many states refusing to implement Obamacare and talking of secession, it's important to remember that the original 13 colonies seceded from England. Liberals say secession is treason but that's nonsense.

Not a single state is talking about secesion. I would not be surprised if some individual politicians are, but that only proves that even a jackass can be elected.

You're talking about obama right?

How can you "steal" territory that's within your own borders? The federal government doesn't own the states, dipshit. The states formed the federal government, so how can the former own the later?

As you can see per Texas v. White (1869) above, your post is ignorant idiocy.

Texas v. White is ignorant idiocy and also servile hackery.

You also didn't answer the question.

How can you "steal" territory that's within your own borders? The federal government doesn't own the states, dipshit. The states formed the federal government, so how can the former own the later?

As you can see per Texas v. White (1869) above, your post is ignorant idiocy.

Texas v. White is ignorant idiocy and also servile hackery.

You also didn't answer the question.

You sound as goofy as Cottontop's last words before he was dropped through the gallows' trap: "I was hornswoggled by love!" You are class A goof ball, the type tyrants love.

[

You sound as goofy as Cottontop's last words before he was dropped through the gallows' trap: "I was hornswoggled by love!" You are class A goof ball, the type tyrants love.

The board notes the conservatives here have reduced you to childish namecalling.

With so many states refusing to implement Obamacare and talking of secession, it's important to remember that the original 13 colonies seceded from England. Liberals say secession is treason but that's nonsense.

America was founded because we seceded... but that does NOT mean we have a tradition of being accepting of secession. Especially not from ourselves.

In seceding, you will be taking our land, you will be taking our people, you will be taking our resources. We will fight to get it back.

And we will win.

"Your" land? "Your" people? "Your" resources?

Yep. The United States.

Got a problem with it? Secede. You'll see.

America was founded because we seceded... but that does NOT mean we have a tradition of being accepting of secession. Especially not from ourselves.

In seceding, you will be taking our land, you will be taking our people, you will be taking our resources. We will fight to get it back.

And we will win.

It isn't your land, dipshit, and you certainly don't own the people.

I didn't say mine, little tyke. I said ours. The People of the United States.

Secede and we'll show you how much you belong right back with us. In our fine prison establishments or our fine cemetaries.

You can move away though right now instead, if you like.

If you win the war, I will be fine with your right to secession. Because you won. But we both know that isn't going to happen.

Last edited:
That is correct. There is no actual right to secede. There is no actual right to stop secession either. It's all in who is the stronger to get what they want.

Now...when you refer to rights...that's an individual thing. People can secede whenever they want...it's called "leaving".

That a person has to leave to "secede" assumes that the state owns them and their property in the first place, which is ridiculous.

Nope. Now you move the goalposts...talking as if a state owns a person. Not at all...that's why they have the right to secede, to give up their citizenship, to leave.

The goalposts haven't changed at all. You say they can leave, but why should they have to if they own their own property? The only logical answer can be that they don't actually own their own property, or even themselves, but that the state does. This is made even more clear by the fact that one must pay a ransom to the federal government to officially renounce your citizenship.

And we will win.

"Your" land? "Your" people? "Your" resources?

Yep. The United States.

Got a problem with it? Secede. You'll see.

I have no interest in seceding, or even in my state seceding. What could possibly be gained by it? I would appreciate it if Ohio nullified Obamacare, but it will never happen and would come to nothing in the end regardless.

However, my property is still my property. Not the public's, and not the government's.

And we will win.

It isn't your land, dipshit, and you certainly don't own the people.

I didn't say mine, little tyke. I said ours. The People of the United States.

Secede and we'll show you how much you belong right back with us. In our fine prison establishments or our fine cemetaries.

You can move away though right now instead, if you like.

If you win the war, I will be fine with your right to secession. Because you won. But we both know that isn't going to happen.

What a tough guy you are.

[q
Yep. Unilateral secession was illegal (and this of course was in 1869, in Texas v White). If it had gone before the bloodiest war in American history was fought, it might have come out differently.

Secession was still possible, but required assent of Congress.

So you still insist George Washington was a traitor for supporting secession without assent of england?

One mo' time -- Washington and the others would have been considered traitors had they lost.

And I'm not sure even your empty threats wouldn't violate our treason laws.

You do know treason was the first thing outlawed by the founders, right?

Libs know what is in the Constitution regarding seccessionist states.

[

The board notes the conservatives here have reduced you to childish namecalling.

Describing accurately the babbling of reactionaries-pretending-to-be-cons is to be commended

You, Shooters, are as goofy as the other bozo.

Your opinion on SCOTUS decisions means absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
[q
Yep. Unilateral secession was illegal (and this of course was in 1869, in Texas v White). If it had gone before the bloodiest war in American history was fought, it might have come out differently.

Secession was still possible, but required assent of Congress.

So you still insist George Washington was a traitor for supporting secession without assent of england?

One mo' time -- Washington and the others would have been considered traitors had they lost.

And I'm not sure even your empty threats wouldn't violate our treason laws.

You do know treason was the first thing outlawed by the founders, right?

In fact, it is the ONLY crime mentioned in the Constitution.

United States Constitution, Article Article I, Section 8:

"To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;"​

Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online

Insurrection: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Revolt: to renounce allegiance or subjection (as to a government)​

If a state places itself in a state of revolt by renouncing allegiance to the established government, then they have placed themselves in a state of insurrection and the Congress is authorized under the Constitution to suppress, via military force in necessary, such insurrection.

Now if a state applied for release from the Union, just a a prospective state applies for admittance, and such departure is approved by representatives - then that would be a different situation.

It's not nonsense, it's the reality, any state that even attempted such a folly would be declared a martial law area and the leaders arrested and imprisoned.

Address the issue. Why is it ok for the original 13 colonies to secede from England but wrong for say, Florida or Wisconsin to secede from the USA.?

I boils down to a point of view. From the colonial perspective seceding from England as OK, from the English point of view the colonies were in a state of rebellion and it wasn't OK. Hence they dispatched their armies to suppress the insurrection.

Ever heard of the phrase that the victors are the ones that write the history books.

... insist George Washington was a traitor for supporting secession without assent of england?

Since we one the war, he is a hero. On the other hand is there any doubt in your mind that if we lost the war George Washington would have been hanged as a traitor to England and the Crown?

Just so ya know, I'm not a liberal and have been a registered Republican since 1978.

>>>>

If secession is illegal, then how were Virginia and New York allowed to specifically retain the right of secession when they joined the Union?

Forum List

Back