America was FOUNDED on secession

The Articles of Confederation established perpetual union.

If that's the case, then how did the Founding Fathers throw them in the trash can when they adopted the Constitution?

The Articles said that the union "shall be perpetual".

The Constitution was written to "form a more perfect union"

"more" perfect than what? More perfect than the union established in the Articles. Since the union in the Articles is in perpetuity, and the union in the Constitution is supposed to be even more perfect than the union in the Articles, its obvious the union in the Constitution is also one of perpetuity. Unless the definition of the words "union" and "more" were different back then.

Nope! The Articles of Confederation were rendered null and void by the ratification of the Constitution.

Show us where the Constitution says secession is illegal. I've already shown where states retained the right of secession in the ratification of the Constitution.

Why is it loony to secede? Is the government of the people? If the people feel that the government is no longer about them then I think it's very apropos to talk about it.

Because the REST of the people who don't believe in you wanting to secede, feel quite strongly about how your secession will degrade the standing, power and stability of their country, the United States of America.

I love it when I hear people who have always played the "Real American" card and always talking about patriotism this, patriotism that, anti-Americans this, anti-Americans that, speaking about secession.

Sorry, you flirting with the idea of secession does not make you a good American.

Sorry, the idea that to be a good American one has to give everlasting obedience to the U.S. government is nonsense.

Who said anything about obedience to the U.S. Government? We're talking about secession idiot. Normal people just don't go out and start their own country... least not by attempting to take a chunk out of an existing one.

If you think not entertaining thoughts of secession is "obedience to the government", then you're a retard. It's about desire to see structural integrity of the country.

If that's the case, then how did the Founding Fathers throw them in the trash can when they adopted the Constitution?

"more" perfect than what? More perfect than the union established in the Articles. Since the union in the Articles is in perpetuity, and the union in the Constitution is supposed to be even more perfect than the union in the Articles, its obvious the union in the Constitution is also one of perpetuity. Unless the definition of the words "union" and "more" were different back then.

Nope! The Articles of Confederation were rendered null and void by the ratification of the Constitution.

Show us where the Constitution says secession is illegal. I've already shown where states retained the right of secession in the ratification of the Constitution.

The Union is perpetual and perfect. If states had the right to secede, the right would have been specifically granted. You are out of luck. theoretically as well as practically.

Because the REST of the people who don't believe in you wanting to secede, feel quite strongly about how your secession will degrade the standing, power and stability of their country, the United States of America.

I love it when I hear people who have always played the "Real American" card and always talking about patriotism this, patriotism that, anti-Americans this, anti-Americans that, speaking about secession.

Sorry, you flirting with the idea of secession does not make you a good American.

Sorry, the idea that to be a good American one has to give everlasting obedience to the U.S. government is nonsense.

Who said anything about obedience to the U.S. Government? We're talking about secession idiot. Normal people just don't go out and start their own country... least not by attempting to take a chunk out of an existing one.

If you think not entertaining thoughts of secession is "obedience to the government", then you're a retard. It's about desire to see structural integrity of the country.

George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison went out and started their own country.

The Union is perpetual and perfect. If states had the right to secede, the right would have been specifically granted. You are out of luck. theoretically as well as practically.

That still doesn't fly. Show me where the Constitution says that states can't secede. It does say that any powers not specifically delegated to the Federal government are retained by the states or the people.

George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison went out and started their own country.

Yeah, and they had the British try and stop them.

Guess what? We're the British in that situation. The United States is not about people just going up and doing what we did.

If you want to start your own country, buy an island. You're not going to take the US infrastructure and disrupt our way of life without an appropriate response from our armed forces.

Last edited:

What union is the "more" perfect union of the Constitution more perfect than? I'm pretty sure its the union of the Articles, but if you've got different information, let's have it.

Last edited:

Yeah, and they had the British try and stop them.

Guess what? We're the British in that situation. The United States is not about people just going up and doing what we did.

If you want to start your own country, buy an island. You're not going to take the US infrastructure and disrupt our way of life without an appropriate response from our armed forces.

No. There were "rebels" and "loyalists." The Brititsh were the government. The government is still the government. Nice try cow pie.

Neo Confederates are fucking wack jobs and need to stop acting like they are conservative cause us conservatives love our country and dont wish it destroyed.

With so many states refusing to implement Obamacare and talking of secession, it's important to remember that the original 13 colonies seceded from England. Liberals say secession is treason but that's nonsense.

America was founded because we seceded... but that does NOT mean we have a tradition of being accepting of secession. Especially not from ourselves.

In seceding, you will be taking our land, you will be taking our people, you will be taking our resources. We will fight to get it back.

And we will win.

The colonies DID NOT "secede". The colonists did NOT have the rights of English citizens: "TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION", remember?

The Constitution is a continuation and strengthening of the perpetual Union made under the Articles of Confederation. See SCOTUS 1896 Texas v White. In fact the dates on which the new government under the Constitution began were legally set by the legislature of the Articles before they dissolved.

[

Not really, Secession is leaving a union you willfully joined. We were a possession of England and not one person Born here had a choice in the matter. Nor representation to even argue for better treatment, or a legally way to independence.

Now that's really pathetic. How many southerners in 1861 had a choice in being a citizen of america.?

It's not about having a choice to be a citizen Dude. They had Elected Representatives in the US congress. They were simply unhappy that their side lost. They were not the Subjects of the US government, they were citizens of a Democracy, and had equal representation in Government.

The American Colonists had 0 Representation in their Government, and were the Subjects of a Monarch not the free citizens of a Democracy.

Epic Fail.

I have an ORIGINAL oath executed by a former Rebel soldier, dated June, 1865.* It was signed at Fort Delaware, the day is to faint to read. The man's name was Henry J. Jenkins, of Hertford (sp.) County, N.C. Almost all Confederate soldiers were allowed clemency upon signing the oath. Lee, as head of the army, of course was an exception.

*Now under glass, I am not taking it out to erode further.

It doesn't matter whether secession is legal or not. Down the road, perhaps another fifty years or so I believe you'll see more and more people exploring the idea more seriously.
I could see the northern states becoming more and more like Canada, and southern states trying to keep America more true to it's foundings. Instead of a war to settle things abruptly, I'm thinking more of subtle changes that in time could lead to a more simple up or down vote to secede.

It doesn't matter whether secession is legal or not. Down the road, perhaps another fifty years or so I believe you'll see more and more people exploring the idea more seriously.
I could see the northern states becoming more and more like Canada, and southern states trying to keep America more true to it's foundings. Instead of a war to settle things abruptly, I'm thinking more of subtle changes that in time could lead to a more simple up or down vote to secede.

Texas should go now. We'd be better for it.

You forget the Latino infiltration in California. It could very easily be the first to secede.

Neo Confederates are fucking wack jobs and need to stop acting like they are conservative cause us conservatives love our country and dont wish it destroyed.

You love your corrupt country; that's fine. I love liberty. That's the country that I seek to live in.

Liberty or selfish desires????? Cause confederacy is selfish bullshit that doesnt work.

Texas should go now. We'd be better for it.

Sure tell the largest working American economy to go piss up a rope???? Were you born this stupid or did you have to learn it?

You love your corrupt country; that's fine. I love liberty. That's the country that I seek to live in.

Liberty or selfish desires????? Cause confederacy is selfish bullshit that doesnt work.

Liberty. And although I don't agree with slavery; the confederacy were otherwise standing on principle. The Northern states accepted slavery as part of the union when they formed the country.

And we have no idea how the confederacy would have worked seeing as how their was a war that interrupted their freedoms and liberties. My guess would be that it would have worked out just fine.

Forum List

Back