America now #2....

That growth will eventually plateau and they will encounter the same problems we do. They will eventually have to spend a lot of money to clean up their god awful mess they have created. They will experience recessions. That kind of growth cannot continue for long. In the end we will still be much further ahead.

What gives the factory the right to pollute at such levels? Where is the sense in that? Where is the balance? Why are you against balance and in the pockets of the companies? Greedy conservative.

What gives the factory the right to pollute at such levels?

the factory that pollutes also raises life expectancies from 5 to 70 so the entire society gives it the right to save their lives and the honor of saving their lives.

Still over your liberal head?

Their economy consists of 1.4 billion people.
vs an economy of 1.1 billion fewer people than theirs.

that said, where China came from in 1977 till now is quite an accomplishment. They have made huge strides. And their focus on education (real education, as opposed to basketweaving phds) means they are going to do better. While the US under 0bama will do worse.

Makes us appreciate what we have here doesn't it? Imagine being one of those poor factory workers over there working for practically nothing and having to live in those nasty environmental conditions. Not much of a life.

Makes us appreciate what we have here doesn't it? Imagine being one of those poor factory workers over there working for practically nothing and having to live in those nasty environmental conditions. Not much of a life.

too stupid!! its a far far better life than slowly starving to death under the weight of libcommie intervention.

I am not saying communism works. I am for balance. But you don't agree and that's fine. I don't see it as stupid to have clean air is all. There is no quality of life there in those working conditions. I would rather walk the streets than be a prisoner in one of those godforsaken factories in that environmental cesspool. That's all I'm saying. I appreciate what we have here. We have better working conditions, happier people, and a better quality of life.

Again, all things considered we are in a much more viable and better position than they are. Our workers are more productive, better paid, and much happier than those poor souls who live in squalor, work for nothing wagewise, and breathe toxic air. Again, not much of a life. They may be getting ahead a little bit but in many other ways are going backwards in a hurry. If I had the chance to make a million dollars a day living there I would emphatically not even consider it. I like my health. If one doesn't have their health, they don't have anything. China is happy to hurt their people.We arent

Again, all things considered we are in a much more viable and better position than they are. Our workers are more productive, better paid, and much happier than those poor souls who live in squalor, work for nothing wagewise, and breathe toxic air. Again, not much of a life. They may be getting ahead a little bit but in many other ways are going backwards in a hurry. If I had the chance to make a million dollars a day living there I would emphatically not even consider it. I like my health. If one doesn't have their health, they don't have anything. China is happy to hurt their people.We arent

A lot of the pollution laws we had in this country were passed with the industrialists kicking and screaming. I remember L.A. in early 1950's. My lungs would really hurt and I was coughing a lot. We had to move because of that. I feel bad for the Chinese that have to put up with all the pollution which is unnecessary, but cleaning up the air cuts into profits.

The funny part is the Chinese for the most part don't mind being hurt. Misery appears to be something they have been bred to accept.

Forum List

Back