The myth of America’s decline

So, you’re an isolationist.

More of an anti-Imperialist.

We can no longer afford to be the world's police force and use our military to impose our will on the rest of the world.

We will be just fine as a country being just one more member of the global community.

More of an anti-Imperialist.

We can no longer afford to be the world's police force and use our military to impose our will on the rest of the world.

We will be just fine as a country being just one more member of the global community.
That would leave a vacuum…Who do you suppose would love to fill that?

That would leave a vacuum…Who do you suppose would love to fill that?

It is not really a matter of if we should do this, we will be forced to more and more as our debt grows and more and more of our budget goes towards paying the service on that debt.

China initially, as they are already doing so as we are forced to pull back.

Their goal is an economic empire, it is why they have their hands in the dirt in so many places.

Really the world no longer needs empires, it does not need a single overpowered nation.

Do you have any links to support this conspiracy theory or did you just pull it out of your ass, as usual?

Marxists???? I don't think so:

Look it up .
Don't any of you old people check out everything ?
I do, which is why I am rarely mistaken and always have links .
When I mention a specific term like"Living Marxists" , that is exactly what I mean . That was their original name.

This is the type of misinformation vehicle used to scam people who think they are smart . But they are simply one rung above those who read mass circulation "newspapers"

You are asking a fake body of checkers to comment on their MSM colleagues .

It is not really a matter of if we should do this, we will be forced to more and more as our debt grows and more and more of our budget goes towards paying the service on that debt.

China initially, as they are already doing so as we are forced to pull back.

Their goal is an economic empire, it is why they have their hands in the dirt in so many places.

Really the world no longer needs empires, it does not need a single overpowered nation.
So, sounds like you’d be fine with communist influence spanning the globe rather than the message of freedom…

Good job showing the board who you are.

So, sounds like you’d be fine with communist influence spanning the globe rather than the message of freedom…

Good job showing the board who you are.

The message of freedom? How well did that work for our few trillion dollars spent in Iraq and Afghanistan?

The funny thing about the Chinese is they do try to change anyone, they just want customers. It is purely an American ego thing that we have to try and make every country like ours.

The message of freedom? How well did that work for our few trillion dollars spent in Iraq and Afghanistan?

The funny thing about the Chinese is they do try to change anyone, they just want customers. It is purely an American ego thing that we have to try and make every country like ours.
The truth is somewhere in between. We overextended ourselves during the Cold War and afterwards, and it wasn't for the sake of freedom. It was for money. Opening trade with China at the height of the Vietnam War was a good example of this.

On the other hand, China isn't as harmless are you're implying. They are quite good at the "soft power" approach, but that involves corrupting governments rather than overthrowing them (usually). Their model is a lot like what Europe did after it officially dropped its African colonies. It is true that the Chinese really don't care about exporting their culture, but they are more than happy to extract your resources until they are gone.

So that’s a yes then…

It is purely an American ego thing that we have to try and make every country like ours.

You sure about that? Given that everywhere you look, where l live in Germany, is American stuff.

Even in Poland, shortly after the fall of communism, one of the first things to appear was a MacDonalds.

The truth is somewhere in between. We overextended ourselves during the Cold War and afterwards, and it wasn't for the sake of freedom. It was for money. Opening trade with China at the height of the Vietnam War was a good example of this.

On the other hand, China isn't as harmless are you're implying. They are quite good at the "soft power" approach, but that involves corrupting governments rather than overthrowing them (usually). Their model is a lot like what Europe did after it officially dropped its African colonies. It is true that the Chinese really don't care about exporting their culture, but they are more than happy to extract your resources until they are gone.

I agree with all of this, I did not mean to imply they are harmless.

You sure about that? Given that everywhere you look, where l live in Germany, is American stuff.

Even in Poland, shortly after the fall of communism, one of the first things to appear was a MacDonalds.

Capitalism is capitalism. A company will go where there is money to be made. Even a McD's will adjust to the local flavors. In Japan McDs have a teriyaki burger, which is damn yummy.

I was speaking more of our country and its foreign policy.

Forum List

Back