CDZ Alright, anti gunners. Explain the law or laws that will stop school shootings, here is your chance

Again, all this hate spittle flying screaming kill them conversation, expect people to think act with reason? where have the adults gone.

Okay....I have really had enough of the anti gunners who parade out, dragging the warm bodies of dead children in front of cameras in order to push taking guns away from everyone who didn't shoot anyone in a school today......

Given that all mass public shooting victims total 795 ....in all shootings since 1982....while those murdered with knives are over 1,500 every single year.........

This is your chance......explain to us what you would do to stop school shootings.....and if you feel like it, other mass public shootings....

This is the CDZ, so you don't have to worry about being attacked for your views....but you must actually support your laws with how they actually would work....

US mass shootings, 1982-2018: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation
Total murders by mass public shooters...1982-2017

knife murders by year....(FBI homicide stats...)

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

If there was a way to prevent the next school shooting while fully respecting the 2nd Amendment (not enacting laws that get overturned) then you agree we should make a good faith effort to try?

Yes or no?

If you agree to TRY... then let's get started.

Let's start by repealing any law blocking ATF from sharing trace data with local law enforcement and the CDC.

That would enable us to better see and study the problem. Sunlight and all... you support transparency.

Then let the CDC conduct a in depth study and publicly report its findings.
--Perhaps there are laws on the books that could be enforced better.
--Perhaps the threat assessment criteria for taking action needs rethinking.
--Perhaps gun retailers could tell us how we could better track straw buyers.
--Maybe some states could be better at updating NICs lists.
--Maybe gun show promoters would be willing to ban unlicensed dealers--make background checks a badge of honor, showing that you care about the public safety.

You want solutions? You're asking how we can do better.

I'd ask you to not shut the conversation down before it even starts. To stop labeling any attempt to better understand the issue as "liberal". Saving a life in NOT a political agenda. It's human decency. The politics or religion of a mentally ill person detached from reality and planning to do serious harm is irrelevant. Let's agree to not bring it up.

HOWEVER, if you are just pretending to care, and not really interested in asking reasonable questions, giving experts access to data and listening to their findings... Just be honest about it.

Okay....I have really had enough of the anti gunners who parade out, dragging the warm bodies of dead children in front of cameras in order to push taking guns away from everyone who didn't shoot anyone in a school today......

Given that all mass public shooting victims total 795 ....in all shootings since 1982....while those murdered with knives are over 1,500 every single year.........

This is your chance......explain to us what you would do to stop school shootings.....and if you feel like it, other mass public shootings....

This is the CDZ, so you don't have to worry about being attacked for your views....but you must actually support your laws with how they actually would work....

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

If there was a way to prevent the next school shooting while fully respecting the 2nd Amendment (not enacting laws that get overturned) then you agree we should make a good faith effort to try?

Yes or no?

Let's start by repealing any law blocking ATF from sharing trace data with local law enforcement and the CDC.

That would enable us to better see and study the problem. Sunlight and all... you support transparency.

--Maybe gun show promoters would be willing to ban unlicensed dealers--make background checks a badge of honor, showing that you care about the public safety.

I'd ask you to not shut the conversation down before it even starts. To stop labeling any attempt to better understand the issue as "liberal". Saving a life in NOT a political agenda. It's human decency. The politics or religion of a mentally ill person detached from reality and planning to do serious harm is irrelevant. Let's agree to not bring it up.

HOWEVER, if you are just pretending to care, and not really interested in asking reasonable questions, giving experts access to data and listening to their findings... Just be honest about it.

The CDC is responsible for tracking and fighting infectious diseases, not sociology studies, which this is. Find someone else to do it.

Why should any RKBA supporter support anything more, when in NYC it takes 3-6 months of waiting and $600 or so in fees just to get a license to keep a freaking revolver IN ONES OWN HOME?

And rights are not about what laws can be overturned, its about the intent of the protection given in the constitution TO that right.

If you want an honest debate, answer the question I just asked.

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956
There no longer is any solution. It's simply the New Normal. Kids are killed, some on the left ask to do something, some on the Right refuse because.....guns.....and we bury the dead and wait for the next one. Rinse and Repeat.

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

Yes or no?

The CDC is responsible for tracking and fighting infectious diseases, not sociology studies, which this is. Find someone else to do it.

Why should any RKBA supporter support anything more, when in NYC it takes 3-6 months of waiting and $600 or so in fees just to get a license to keep a freaking revolver IN ONES OWN HOME?

And rights are not about what laws can be overturned, its about the intent of the protection given in the constitution TO that right.

Let's take your first statement -- on the CDC.

#1 Would you be willing to hear the CDC make their own case as to why/how they could offer help? (I mean it just seems strange that Republicans have gotten so aggressive when it comes to blocking them from doing anything). -- why not let them list what they can do?

#2 If not CDC, Who would you suggest? Objective, no agenda, just interested what truths can the data reveal?

As to your question, you seem upset about the laws in NYC. I don't live there, hard for me to comment. I'm assuming you do. SCOTUS has said those types of waiting periods and fees are not a violation of the 2nd. I guess that's not a reason as to WHY you should support that, because you obviously don't like it.

But consider this - that if a majority of the people elected the reps who enacted those laws (will of the people) and the current law/regs have held up when challenged in court -- then isn't that how our system is supposed to work - majority rule with balanced check on minority rights. Do you support our system of Government? Then you (we) sometimes learn to live with laws/regs that we don't like. The social contract and all.

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

Yes or no?

#1 Would you be willing to hear the CDC make their own case as to why/how they could offer help? (I mean it just seems strange that Republicans have gotten so aggressive when it comes to blocking them from doing anything). -- why not let them list what they can do?

#2 If not CDC, Who would you suggest? Objective, no agenda, just interested what truths can the data reveal?

As to your question, you seem upset about the laws in NYC. I don't live there, hard for me to comment. I'm assuming you do. SCOTUS has said those types of waiting periods and fees are not a violation of the 2nd. I guess that's not a reason as to WHY you should support that, because you obviously don't like it.

But consider this - that if a majority of the people elected the reps who enacted those laws (will of the people) and the current law/regs have held up when challenged in court -- then isn't that how our system is supposed to work - majority rule with balanced check on minority rights. Do you support our system of Government? Then you (we) sometimes learn to live with laws/regs that we don't like. The social contract and all.

#1 You figure it out, you want to see the information.

#2: has there even been an SC case regarding those "Type" of waiting periods? Most of these cases die in State Court.

As for your last point, so you support Alabama when it wants to ban abortion and gay marriage?

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

Yes or no?

#1 You figure it out, you want to see the information.

#2: has there even been an SC case regarding those "Type" of waiting periods? Most of these cases die in State Court.

As for your last point, so you support Alabama when it wants to ban abortion and gay marriage?

#1 I asked you a question - about your willingness to let the CDC make their own case -- did you want to answer?

#2 Scalia was pretty clear in Heller. The CA 10-day is going to be heard soon. So we'll see.

Re: Alabama - remember the system works like this - will of the people CHECKED by judicial review, so Alabama can enact any law they want as they are all subject to challenge in state and federal court. Both abortion and gay marriage have been before SCOTUS.

Last edited:
Two words: MASS SHOOTINGS

There is nothing we can do about it: no one has ever put up any viable solutions that I've seen. This is therefore a doom, till it changes on its own, possibly with changes in the North American political situation.

The situation seems to me to be that we have to take care of ourselves because the government can't do it. Too many crazies and terrorists, both. And criminals.

The government COULD put a stop to most of it by deporting illegal Muslims, putting away crazies, and coming down hard on criminals of all sorts, but we know they won't do that, because of malignant leftism that has changed this country for the worse so fast, in just a few decades. In the meantime until things change we'll have to defend ourselves (guns, prepping) and our children (home schooling, private schools) as best we can. The police would if they could and God bless them, but they can't.
Blame illegals. Blame Muslims. Blame the mentally frazzled.

But totally ignore the lethality of the weapons that puts the 'mass' in 'mass shootings'.

An irresponsible attitude if there ever was one.

Where's the bump stock ban? Where's the background check legislation? Where's the Feinstein bill blocking those on the 'do not fly' list from buying guns? All stalled by the NRA. And you think that organization is acting responsibly?
....or you can always try something actually sensible and blame the actual shooters.

When a Jihadist mows down people using a vehicle, the answer does not lie in eliminating the vehicle!s ability to go fast. It lies in identifying probable perps and taking proactive measures. Similarly, when a kid everybody knows is dangerous shoots up a school, the answer does not lie in the weapon used, but the lack of preemptive action taken to prevent the act.

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

Yes or no?

#1....You are wrong....we are against the CDC using tax payer money to fund anti gun research through anti gun researchers in order to attack the 2nd Amendment...which is what they did before they were told to stop....

#2....the CDC still does gun research.....to this day, they never stopped.....

#3.....the "social contract" in the democrat controlled South said it was okay to enforce jim crow laws.....and the Supreme Court at one time ruled Separate was equal......the Supreme Court gets it wrong, a lot......and they are wrong on many of the gun issues...including waiting periods and fees...since they have ruled against their own decisions on these issues.......

Fees are in violation of the 2nd Amendment because they are a violation of the 1st Amendment...

Murdoch v. Pennsylvania.....fees for the exercise of a Right....

Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 U.S. 105 (1943)

4. A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113.

5. The flat license tax here involved restrains in advance the Constitutional liberties of press and religion, and inevitably tends to suppress their exercise. P. 319 U. S. 114.

6. That the ordinance is "nondiscriminatory," in that it applies also to peddlers of wares and merchandise, is immaterial. The liberties guaranteed by the First Amendment are in a preferred position. P. 319 U. S. 115.

7. Since the privilege in question is guaranteed by the Federal Constitution, and exists independently of state authority, the inquiry as to whether the State has given something for which it can ask a return is irrelevant. P. 319 U. S. 115.

8. A community may not suppress, or the State tax, the dissemination of views because they are unpopular, annoying, or distasteful. P. 319 U. S. 116.

------

Page 319 U. S. 108

The First Amendment, which the Fourteenth makes applicable to the states, declares that

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press . . ."

It could hardly be denied that a tax laid specifically on the exercise of those freedoms would be unconstitutional. Yet the license tax imposed by this ordinance is, in substance, just that.

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956
There no longer is any solution. It's simply the New Normal. Kids are killed, some on the left ask to do something, some on the Right refuse because.....guns.....and we bury the dead and wait for the next one. Rinse and Repeat.

No...you don't ask to do anything....you squawk..."Gun control....do something....Gun Control....squawk, squawk..."

You don't want to actually stop mass shootings, if you did you would end gun free zones.....the magnet that draws these killers.....but no, you only want to attack normal, law abiding gun owners who don't shoot kids....or commit any crimes with their guns...

And that is why you are a joke....you don't care about dead kids....you just hate guns and the normal people who own them...

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

Yes or no?

The CDC can already do all the research it wants...they just can't advocate for gun control...please keep up.

Yes...the laws need to be enforced......repeat gun offenders can't be allowed out of jail over and over again....and in Florida...heard this on the news.....recently passed a law lowering the bail for violent offenders.....racism?

We already track straw buyers.....we just don't prosecute them...why? Because for the most part they are young, single mothers, who are the sisters and girlfriends of violent gang members who will threaten them with violence if they don't buy the guns...

NICS lists can be improved....

Gun shows are not the problem........

And when you go to Background checks you show you aren't serious.......current background checks are gotten around by straw buyers, which means straw buyers will go to gun shows and pass background checks both there, and in private buys........and since criminals stay away from private sellers because they are afraid of police stings...universal background checks are simply just a way for anti gunners to get universal gun registration....

The best solution...the actual solution......when you catch a criminal using a gun for rape, robbery or murder, lock them up for 30 years...that would have saved our local police officer who was shot dead this week by a 4 time felon who was out of jail....

That solution has the added benefit of actually targeting violent criminals, and leaving normal, law abiding gun owners alone....it doesn't increase fees, paperwork or legal hoops, and we can already do it.....we know it works because that is how Japan got the Yakuza to stop shooting each other.

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

No...you don't ask to do anything....you squawk..."Gun control....do something....Gun Control....squawk, squawk..."

You don't want to actually stop mass shootings, if you did you would end gun free zones.....the magnet that draws these killers.....but no, you only want to attack normal, law abiding gun owners who don't shoot kids....or commit any crimes with their guns...

And that is why you are a joke....you don't care about dead kids....you just hate guns and the normal people who own them...
I most certainly do not....and I have had this conversation with you before....so either you have memory loss or you are purposely attempting to lie about my position on gun rights. I'm guessing the latter. You aren't known for your honesty.

So let me get this straight -. We have millions of criminal's and crazies with access to weapons/guns, but instead of stopping the criminals or crazies from getting the weapons they wish for or not going in and taking away the weapons from these people, it is always stopped (the taking of the bad guy's gun's) because the left tries to play it as an overall gun access issue/problem, where even the good guys are looked at for the taking of their guns/AR-15's etc.

So with the left it's always about this "let's not make the bad guy FEEL bad, so let's take all the guns so the downtrodden in life don't feel excluded". You know everyone gets a trophy in leftist fantasy world right y'all ??? A sweep should have occurred where law enforcement would have went through every place where guns are a serious problem in Chicago, and those weapons taken from the gangs and thugs who have been murdering each other in that city. Then the border secured to that city in order to keep guns, drugs or weapons from entering the city again that would replinish their stocks... It's just that serious folks. Enough with the dammed PC correctness gone stupid, and enough with attempting to rob the good people of their rights over the criminals retaining their so called feelings to not be offended over pointing out the folly, and then stopping them from killing in wholesale fashion one another like flies in these Hell holes.

Last edited:
Do you need a gun capable of firing multiple rounds in a few seconds? Do you need an assault weapon? Can you defend yourself with a revolver or a shot gun? Or do you need an intramural arms race on American streets?

As a player of PUBG (Playerunknown's Battleground), I can tell you for sure that you definitely want an assault rifle or tommy gun or sniper rifle for real effectiveness. When I loot shotguns and revolvers, I switch to the real deals as fast as I find them, because they work better. Why do you think American men stockpile the real things? Because they are better. If you don't care if someone shoots you, carry whatever you find around. If it's important to live, I'd say get out the AR-15.
Do,we live in a video game, or are the victims of gunplay actual humans? Your argument is silly as real people are killed in mass shootings, not avatars.

I'm guessing you are under the age of thirty. No grown up would cite video games as rationale for an American arms race.

You do realize you just passed up part of the problem with that post right?

Do we really need this much violence on video games, television, movies and in songs?

Hell we got rid of people smoking cigarettes on television, in commercials, on bill boards , why can't we do the same with violence?

Do you need a gun capable of firing multiple rounds in a few seconds? Do you need an assault weapon? Can you defend yourself with a revolver or a shot gun? Or do you need an intramural arms race on American streets?

As a player of PUBG (Playerunknown's Battleground), I can tell you for sure that you definitely want an assault rifle or tommy gun or sniper rifle for real effectiveness. When I loot shotguns and revolvers, I switch to the real deals as fast as I find them, because they work better. Why do you think American men stockpile the real things? Because they are better. If you don't care if someone shoots you, carry whatever you find around. If it's important to live, I'd say get out the AR-15.
Do,we live in a video game, or are the victims of gunplay actual humans? Your argument is silly as real people are killed in mass shootings, not avatars.

I'm guessing you are under the age of thirty. No grown up would cite video games as rationale for an American arms race.

Do we really need this much violence on video games, television, movies and in songs?

Hell we got rid of people smoking cigarettes on television, in commercials, on bill boards , why can't we do the same with violence?
When someone robs a 7-11 and kills the clerk with an XBox, get back to me.

Blaming culture while ignoring the lethality of assault weapons is not just short sighted, but bordering on criminally negligent.

You could argue the 1st amendment but as we know with the 2nd no ammendment is absolute, it sure would be easier to correll the violence in the media then it would be to take away 600 million guns.

Blaming culture while ignoring the lethality of assault weapons is not just short sighted, but bordering on criminally negligent.

Oh please you are delusional if you think kids don't imitate the violence they see...

Because of Slender Man: Why the Internet Bogey Is the Perfect Metaphor for How We Explain Violence

SLENDER MAN STABBERS
What is the Slender Man stabbing case, who are Anissa Weier and Morgan Geyser and why did they stab Payton Leutner?

Two schoolgirls held down and stabbed a 12-year-old classmate, inspired by an online horror meme

Oh please you are delusional if you think kids don't imitate the violence they see...

Because of Slender Man: Why the Internet Bogey Is the Perfect Metaphor for How We Explain Violence

SLENDER MAN STABBERS
What is the Slender Man stabbing case, who are Anissa Weier and Morgan Geyser and why did they stab Payton Leutner?

Two schoolgirls held down and stabbed a 12-year-old classmate, inspired by an online horror meme
. Yes, we must change the mindset of the death culture in this nation, and if it means destroying Hollywood/taking it over in order to do so, then I'm for that.

Forum List

Back