CDZ Alright, anti gunners. Explain the law or laws that will stop school shootings, here is your chance

Okay....I have really had enough of the anti gunners who parade out, dragging the warm bodies of dead children in front of cameras in order to push taking guns away from everyone who didn't shoot anyone in a school today......

Given that all mass public shooting victims total 795 ....in all shootings since 1982....while those murdered with knives are over 1,500 every single year.........

This is your chance......explain to us what you would do to stop school shootings.....and if you feel like it, other mass public shootings....

This is the CDZ, so you don't have to worry about being attacked for your views....but you must actually support your laws with how they actually would work....

US mass shootings, 1982-2018: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation
Total murders by mass public shooters...1982-2017

knife murders by year....(FBI homicide stats...)

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956
Apples & Pears.
What's the tally of mass stabbings against mass shootings?
Or...what's the tally of all shootings against stabbings?

... tragedy gives them confidence in the mistake that only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun. Keeping the guns from the bad guys is the obvious solution.

Can't keep the guns from the bad guys. It's impossible. That's the thing. Look at Britain. Only the bad guys have guns: everyone else is disarmed and constantly mugged and robbed and victimized and they are hardly ever sent to prison.

We should be very careful not to go that way. We need guns for self-defense.
Do you need a gun capable of firing multiple rounds in a few seconds? Do you need an assault weapon? Can you defend yourself with a revolver or a shot gun? Or do you need an intramural arms race on American streets?

Do you need a gun capable of firing multiple rounds in a few seconds? Do you need an assault weapon? Can you defend yourself with a revolver or a shot gun? Or do you need an intramural arms race on American streets?

As a player of PUBG (Playerunknown's Battleground), I can tell you for sure that you definitely want an assault rifle or tommy gun or sniper rifle for real effectiveness. When I loot shotguns and revolvers, I switch to the real deals as fast as I find them, because they work better. Why do you think American men stockpile the real things? Because they are better. If you don't care if someone shoots you, carry whatever you find around. If it's important to live, I'd say get out the AR-15.

As a player of PUBG (Playerunknown's Battleground), I can tell you for sure that you definitely want an assault rifle or tommy gun or sniper rifle for real effectiveness. When I loot shotguns and revolvers, I switch to the real deals as fast as I find them, because they work better. Why do you think American men stockpile the real things? Because they are better. If you don't care if someone shoots you, carry whatever you find around. If it's important to live, I'd say get out the AR-15.
Do,we live in a video game, or are the victims of gunplay actual humans? Your argument is silly as real people are killed in mass shootings, not avatars.

I'm guessing you are under the age of thirty. No grown up would cite video games as rationale for an American arms race.

... tragedy gives them confidence in the mistake that only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun. Keeping the guns from the bad guys is the obvious solution.

Can't keep the guns from the bad guys. It's impossible. That's the thing. Look at Britain. Only the bad guys have guns: everyone else is disarmed and constantly mugged and robbed and victimized and they are hardly ever sent to prison.

Assault weapons are already legal ONLY with a federal License, you see numb nuts an assault weapon is either burst or automatic fire capable. And are almost never used in a crime. No legally purchased one with a permit has been used in a crime that I can recall either. You are lumping semiautomatic rifles in with burst fire weapons. Hunting rifles are semi automatic the only difference between them is the looks.

Assault weapons are already legal ONLY with a federal License, you see numb nuts an assault weapon is either burst or automatic fire capable. And are almost never used in a crime. No legally purchased one with a permit has been used in a crime that I can recall either. You are lumping semiautomatic rifles in with burst fire weapons. Hunting rifles are semi automatic the only difference between them is the looks.
A lot of hunters use a fifteen round clip? Is it considered 'sporting' to use a bump stock?

Why I said it whenever the scourge of gun violence is discussed, those who think their weapons are too cool to be lost fall back on silly semantics? If we were discussing automobile safety, would you require we all have degrees in automotive engineering?

And throwing in 'numb nuts' betrays a thuggish, simplistic mind at work.

Do,we live in a video game, or are the victims of gunplay actual humans? Your argument is silly as real people are killed in mass shootings, not avatars.

I'm guessing you are under the age of thirty. No grown up would cite video games as rationale for an American arms race.

Well, millions of American men DO buy and stockpile the best and most efficient weapons available. There it is. I'm saying why: because they are better. For shooting, should it be needed.

A lot of hunters use a fifteen round clip? Is it considered 'sporting' to use a bump stock?

Why I said it whenever the scourge of gun violence is discussed, those who think their weapons are too cool to be lost fall back on silly semantics? If we were discussing automobile safety, would you require we all have degrees in automotive engineering?

Yes some hunting rifles and the AR-15 IS a hunting rifle, use 15 round and 30 round magazines.

Well, millions of American men DO buy and stockpile the best and most efficient weapons available. There it is. I'm saying why: because they are better. For shooting, should it be needed.
And millions of American men eat bacon cheeseburger and cheddar fries. But that doesn't make it the right thing to do. Rambo wannabes. Those who fantasize they are living in a video game or movie. They want to ne the hero gunslinger, mowing down zombies or fellow gunslinger. Not a justification for keeping those weapons on American streets.

Consider the carnage, not the fantasy.

Yes some hunting rifles and the AR-15 IS a hunting rifle, use 15 round and 30 round magazines.
And they call themselves "sportsmen". Pathetic.

And millions of American men eat bacon cheeseburger and cheddar fries. But that doesn't make it the right thing to do. Rambo wannabes. Those who fantasize they are living in a video game or movie. They want to ne the hero gunslinger, mowing down zombies or fellow gunslinger. Not a justification for keeping those weapons on American streets.

I keep telling you that if you want to get rid of the 2nd Amendment get a drive going you just need a majority in the House and Senate to make it then get the majority of 37 States to agree, failing that you don
t get our firearms.

None of that is really for hunting.

It's all for "in case."

I suspect that a lot of leftists are not even aware of the HUGE prepper/survivalist movement going on in America ---- we expect other Americans to be our enemies "come the revolution." That's what the fancy guns are for.

Authoritarian governments love to have docile, passive, controllable populations that can’t fight back.

The Gun control movement is driven entirely by EMOTION, not by reason.
. It is driven by way more than emotion, where as the left is driven by agenda. The many things on their radar in their agenda's are deplored by most American's. It (the left), will keep going no matter what the damage is to this country over all, and no matter how many die they just keep lying, spinning, and pushing forward.

Hmm, this guy they say was in possession of a gas mask etc. I wonder if he picked the day in relation to the movie "My bloody Valentine" ?? If so, this cat could have been screwed up like the shooter that thought he was the joker in the Batman Movie when shot up that theater.

This nation must identify these characters early, and quickly move to place them into a mental health facility that can evaluate their condition, and begin the process of rehabilitation in which may take years. This is all before the person acts out. If after the acts are committed, then the death penalty is appropriate always in a case like this. Let it be that no liberal/leftist cry or whines about the way the person's death sentence is administered. This cat needs the gallows to be built just outside his cell in so that he can hear every nail driven and every board placed. Then he should be walked before the citizens of that community up the stairs, a hood placed over his head with a rope next. After a brief prayer the handle pulled, the floor give way as he is hung by the neck until he is dead. Examples of law enforcement must be made, and respect for the sanctity of peace and order must be returned to society.

Last edited:
Not a lib, but here is my take... It's always a dam money thing when it comes to securing our schools, and facilities that we trust our kids to visit, and learn in. After all these incidents of mass murder in these school shootings, YOU WOULD THINK THAT THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN CHARGE OF THESE SCHOOLS OR FACILITIES, WOULD SAY TO THEIR REPRESENTATIVES THAT METAL DETECTORS ARE NEEDED, BARRIERS ARE NEEDED, AND SECURITY OFFICERS WITH MORE TRAINING ARE NEEDED IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND PEOPLE BETTER. WE HAVE TO LOOK OURSELVES IN THE MIRROR NOW, AND SAY WHY ????? WHY HAVE WE CONTINUED TO KICK THE CAN DOWN THE ROAD ON THIS ISSUE ???

IT'S NOT THE GUN'S SO DON'T EVEN WASTE PEOPLES TIME WITH THAT BULLCRAP demons, BUT RATHER IT'S THE PEOPLE BEHIND THESE GUN'S WHO ARE THE PROBLEM THAT IS NOW TAKING SO MANY INNOCENT LIVES. WE MUST ADMIT IT, AND QUIT ALLOWING DUMB PEOPLE TO FOOL US INTO BELIEVING THE LYING BULLCRAP ABOUT THE CAUSES OF THE ISSUES ANYMORE.

TIME FOR THIS COUNTRY TO PUT ITS DAM MONEY WHERE IT SHOULD BE OR MOUTH IS, AND QUIT PLAYING GAMES WITH OUR CHILDREN'S LIVES. THESE SCHOOLS CAN BE SECURED.

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND MUST END IMMEDIATELY. PROBLEMS MUST BE DEALT WITH IMMEDIATELY. IF HAVE A PROBLEM, THEN GET HELP, AND THEN HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE THE RIGHT HELP, AND THE PROBLEM WILL BE HELPED.

NO MORE KICKING THE CAN DOWN THE ROAD.

The problem? Metal detectors still won't stop a mass shooter, this guy pulled the fire alarm......he could have simply stepped outside, retrieved his gun and started shooting the kids outside...or simply walked up to the metal detector and shot the guy operating it...then walked into the school....

If you see something, say something needs to be drilled into the students...since they know who these kids are before these things happen.
. The idea behind securing the schools is to sit down and listen to all the ideas or senarios, and then take action. Metal detectors are just one aspect of the layers that need to be created, and it can be done. We as a people/nation have invented some of the most ingenious things, and we have built some of the most unbelievable structures and architecture the world has known, but we can't save our children's lives ??? How pathetic and sick is that ?? I tell you it's a money thing. These facilities can be secured, monitored, and made safe. The exploitation of the weaknesses found are on going, but our children's blood is paying greatly for these weaknesses.
Awww, how cute. How about arming the teachers if they want?
. Awww, how cute ????...... To answer "yes" definitely arm teachers after training them.

I keep telling you that if you want to get rid of the 2nd Amendment get a drive going you just need a majority in the House and Senate to make it then get the majority of 37 States to agree, failing that you don
t get our firearms.
The amendment says the right of the people to bear arms. Let's define "arms". Is an "arm' a mortar? Is an 'arm' a howitzer? Is an 'arm' a .50 caliber rifle? Are there restrictions on those devices? Are they not 'arms'?

If such weapons can be constitutionally restricted, why not expand that definition to include semi-automatic firing systems and weapons loaded by high capacity ammunition magazines? What is the virtue of such weapons? Why are they good, needed, desired? What is their design purpose? Do they belong on American streets? Or should they be in the hands of members of well regulated militias?

None of that is really for hunting.

It's all for "in case."

I suspect that a lot of leftists are not even aware of the HUGE prepper/survivalist movement going on in America ---- we expect other Americans to be our enemies "come the revolution." That's what the fancy guns are for.
Your delusion does not justify the carnage. Go play Rambo without arming yourself to kill your fellow citizens.

The gun lovers use sad situations like this to bolster their notion that they no are benign tools being misused by the mentally frazzled. Those of us without a love for guns and gun culture become calloused to sad situations like this with the knowledge that gun lovers would build a rampart of corpses to protect their own guns.

The app not solution is to come to the understanding that weapons designed for warfare have no place in our society. They must be banned, bought back from the gun owners and eventually confiscated as a public health hazard. There is no practical purpose for such weaponry. One can defend one's self reasonably with a revolver. Only a Rambo wannabe thinks he absolutely needs an assault weapon.

But they will baffle us with meaningless statistics. They will stand by their misreading of the second amendment. They will ignore the carnage because they are immersed in a culture that sees only beneficence in guns, never the tragedy they bring. In fact, that tragedy gives them confidence in the mistake that only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun. Keeping the guns from the bad guys is the obvious solution.

Their is no misreading of the 2nd amendment and in the year 2018 it would be impossible to get rid of guns.

1. You will never get rid of the 2nd amendment

2. To many guns in the USA

3. Any one can make them

The only way to corral the problem is:

1. Enforce all the gun laws currently on the books ... if they were enforced like 65% of Americans would have to give up their guns.

2. Bring back mental hospitals ( Regeans biggest mistake) and quit using jails as mental hospitals.
The misreading of the 2nd amendment is the glossing over of the opening claus. "A well regulated militia" means exactly that. A well regulated militia.

If you read all that pesky document you will feel no that the Army is to be funded for only two years at a time. A small army. In the balance, well regulated militias were intended to maintain defense.

And a well regulated militia should be well regulated. Four beer buddies cruising around in a Dodge Durango,does not constitute a well regulated militia.

Did we have this problem in the 1950s and 60s? Nope! Only when the gun makers began marketing first the 'Saturday Night Special' and then the assault rifle did we start having 'mass shootings ' as a regular occurrence. This one today is the 17th school shooting THIS YEAR! And it's only mid February.

Wrong...what changed in the 1960s......welfare replaced fathers in the home.....we had single teenage girls raising young males...we always had guns, we even had kids bringing rifles to school....but in the 1960s the family began to fall apart...thanks to left wing programs...
. Left wing programs and Hollyweird indoctrination.

. Why talk about the guns, when this is definitely a mentally screwed up individual who could have picked any method of attack ?? You are a distraction in these events in which causes nothing to come of these situations afterwards. It's not the guns, but the individuals mind that is the problem. He chose a weapon of choice to carry out the act, but he could have chose other methods as well. People with twisted minds are unpredictable, and must be taken seriously.

What say we look to one of your heroes for answers - or is he only a hero when he says what you want to hear.

Justice Scalia’s Gun-Control Argument

“We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. ‘Miller’ said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those ‘in common use at the time.’ 307 U.S., at 179, 59 S.Ct. 816. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons.’”

Justice Scalia also wrote:

“It may be objected that if weapons that are most useful in military service — M-16 rifles and the like — may be banned, then the Second Amendment right is completely detached from the prefatory clause. But as we have said, the conception of the militia at the time of the Second Amendment’s ratification was the body of all citizens capable of military service, who would bring the sorts of lawful weapons that they possessed at home to militia duty. It may well be true today that a militia, to be as effective as militias in the 18th century, would require sophisticated arms that are highly unusual in society at large. Indeed, it may be true that no amount of small arms could be useful against modern-day bombers and tanks. But the fact that modern developments have limited the degree of fit between the prefatory clause and the protected right cannot change our interpretation of the right.”

t get our firearms.
The amendment says the right of the people to bear arms. Let's define "arms". Is an "arm' a mortar? Is an 'arm' a howitzer? Is an 'arm' a .50 caliber rifle? Are there restrictions on those devices? Are they not 'arms'?

If such weapons can be constitutionally restricted, why not expand that definition to include semi-automatic firing systems and weapons loaded by high capacity ammunition magazines? What is the virtue of such weapons? Why are they good, needed, desired? What is their design purpose? Do they belong on American streets? Or should they be in the hands of members of well regulated militias?
None of the guns I own, or any others that I know of, are "on the street". lol

Forum List

Back