All things Doctor Who!

Extra scenes from the DVD release of Christmas special The Time of the Doctor include one showing Smith reading his final words and being unable to contain his emotion.

He appears most moved when uttering the valedictory line "I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me" and begins crying.

Jenna Coleman said she was so affected by his reaction that she could not look at her co-star.

“All I could see was your hair,” joked Smith of the moment when he made his emotional outburst: “I am not really a sort of a weepie guy. I don’t know what happened to me to be honest with you.”

Doctor Who: Matt Smith cried when he read final lines

After a lifetime repressing my emotions, I cry like a baby watching most every episode. :) The one when 'the girl who waited' can't think of her name just now finally gets married after forgetting the Doctor and everything then starts to remember reciting the marriage thing about something borrow, something...Blue. OMG, I was balling like a little boy. :)

Extra scenes from the DVD release of Christmas special The Time of the Doctor include one showing Smith reading his final words and being unable to contain his emotion.

He appears most moved when uttering the valedictory line "I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me" and begins crying.

Jenna Coleman said she was so affected by his reaction that she could not look at her co-star.

“All I could see was your hair,” joked Smith of the moment when he made his emotional outburst: “I am not really a sort of a weepie guy. I don’t know what happened to me to be honest with you.”

Doctor Who: Matt Smith cried when he read final lines

After a lifetime repressing my emotions, I cry like a baby watching most every episode. :) The one when 'the girl who waited' can't think of her name just now finally gets married after forgetting the Doctor and everything then starts to remember reciting the marriage thing about something borrow, something...Blue. OMG, I was balling like a little boy. :)

Just saw that one, and same here. :(

Think the writers for Dr. Who should receive Secret Service protection. Not because anyone might be out to get them, but because they're so brilliant the continued contribution to the world via their stories are too valuable to risk. :)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robynwilder/which-doctor-are-you

Oh yes! You are a cheeky Doctor, with bags of enthusiasm, a nose for an adventure and a great fondness for the human race. You’re chatty and a bit erratic, but injustice will bring out the steely side of you. Also, along with your companion Rose Tyler, broke our hearts so completely.

8be63a7bdb87213021ebafdf21758add.jpg

Dr Who is perfect TV viewing when you don't want to think too hard or too seriously about anything.

I only have one question about Dr. Who.

His companions are never really and truly hot.

by that I mean they're okay, but compared to Dr. Who in many cases you know, you absolutely know that the Dr. is way hotter than his companions and in real life he'd have a hotter GF.

Sup wid dat?

That cannot be an accident.

I realize that this post is 18 months old, but I must respond.

You have never met Peri from Planet of Fire, have you? Nor have you ever seen Zoe wearing her skin tight getup in the late Troughton era. No companions come close to these 2 as far as being 'hot' goes, and that includes those from the contemporary series.

Dr Who is perfect TV viewing when you don't want to think too hard or too seriously about anything.

by that I mean they're okay, but compared to Dr. Who in many cases you know, you absolutely know that the Dr. is way hotter than his companions and in real life he'd have a hotter GF.

Sup wid dat?

You have never met Peri from Planet of Fire, have you? Nor have you ever seen Zoe wearing her skin tight getup in the late Troughton era. No companions come close to these 2 as far as being 'hot' goes, and that includes those from the contemporary series.

thats ok....Rose and Martha would be just fine for me.....

Sup wid dat?

I though Peri was fat, and her voice was the equivlent of nails on a chalkboard. I can't say much about Zoe because almost everything troughton did has been lost.

I thought Sarah Jane Smith was hot. The first Romana was hot. Nyssa was hot. Martha Jones was hot.

I thought the episode was okay but not Great like "The Eleventh Hour" ("Hello, I'm the Doctor. Basically, Run!")

I'm also bothered by the whole Clara being freaked out by a new Doctor. She's met other regenerations. This shouldn't be a shock to her.

Final point. This episode was a callback Season 2 story. And Next Week - Daleks! Going for the Daleks already.

Scottish, then! It means that I can complain.

That was great.

I am ready for an older Doctor Who.

Okay, last night's episode- a Dalek story.

I thought it was pretty good. Took us a while to get to the payoff.

Then we have the character of Missy. Any theories on that? I've heard two.

1) She's an evil version of Clara from when she splintered across the Doctor's time stream.

2) Missy is short for "Mistress", feminine of "Master". The Master has regenerated in female form.

I thought the episode was okay but not Great like "The Eleventh Hour" ("Hello, I'm the Doctor. Basically, Run!")

I'm also bothered by the whole Clara being freaked out by a new Doctor. She's met other regenerations. This shouldn't be a shock to her.

Final point. This episode was a callback Season 2 story. And Next Week - Daleks! Going for the Daleks already.
thats the difference between Davies and Moffat Joe....i think Moffat is nowhere near as good a show runner as was Davies....

Forum List

Back