All things Doctor Who!

It was at the end of "End of Time" Part 2, after he defeats the Master and the Time Lords, and says goodbye to all his companions.

Incidently, I'm not fond of the way they handled Tennett's regeneration. I thought it was self-indulgent and over the top.

But this is kind of my complaint with the way Davies ran DW in his tenure, he tended to load things down with emotion and forgot to have as much fun.

i dont think the Doctors are having fun when they regenerate Joe...is it supposed to be a fun time?....

no, but it's also not supposed to be over the top.

"I'm so badly injured I am going to go back in time and say goodbye to all of my companions. Then I'm going to find the granddaughter of the woman who I breifly fell in love with when I was disguised as a human. Then I'm going to swing by, borrow money from Donna's dead dad, go into the future and find out what the winnig lottery tickers are, then go back and buy a ticket and give it to Donna on her wedding day."

The other times, Regeneration is, you get injured, you regenerate, new Actor. They did not drag it out for 20 minutes of sorrow.

Yeah, but the other times, it was something the killed him faster, this time I think he died from a massive dose of radiation. Radiation doesn't kill that quickly. That's why those of us on the west cost are still alive after the disaster of Fukishima.

Well, but not necessarily. Unless you're talking alternate universe stuff. Her timeline is pretty locked down in this one, from the time she is six until she leaves the show.

Well, but not necessarily. Unless you're talking alternate universe stuff. Her timeline is pretty locked down in this one, from the time she is six until she leaves the show.

It's Dr Who, he's broken the time laws before, he can do it again.

Besides, I like Amy, they could have her reincarnated into one of her great grandchildren or something. Then again, I like Rory too, what made their storyline special was that they were a couple.

Besides, I like Amy, they could have her reincarnated into one of her great grandchildren or something. Then again, I like Rory too, what made their storyline special was that they were a couple.

I've yet to find anybody who disliked Rory. :)

I've yet to find anybody who disliked Rory. :)

They were such a great couple.

A review of the final episode, don't go read if you haven't seen it yet.

I barely skimmed. I'm feeling rather unlooped, what with having just finished Tennant's shows.

This was a fitting end to the Matt Smith era of Doctor Who

So, quick question to the Whovians. My sister and I want to watch the 50th. Should we not do so just yet, since we haven't seen any of the Smith shows save regeneration and his first episode?

I barely skimmed. I'm feeling rather unlooped, what with having just finished Tennant's shows.

So, quick question to the Whovians. My sister and I want to watch the 50th. Should we not do so just yet, since we haven't seen any of the Smith shows save regeneration and his first episode?

Well, you shouldn't have watched this episode if you haven't seen the 50th, but my advice would be to watch them in the proper order from here on out.

Well, you shouldn't have watched this episode if you haven't seen the 50th, but my advice would be to watch them in the proper order from here on out.

I haven't watched this episode. That's what I just said, that you quoted.

I misunderstood. Watch in order.

I misunderstood. Watch in order.

Yes, sir! ;)

We were watching in order, and we couldn't get the last four of Tennant - so we watched the first Matt Smith. My daughter reamed me a new one. So we got Chromecast, finished the episodes, and now we're back to all in order.

I'm a carrier. I indoctrinated my daughter, who got her husband, they got their three kids - now I have my sister .... good times!

My granddaughter just turned two, but when she was 18 months-old, she was growling "Exterminate!" Also, she loved the Doctor Who theme on mom's cell.

I thought the finale was okay, but they were trying to do too much. They were trying to tie up ALL of the loose ends from the Smith era AND also, heck, let's resolve the whole 12 regeneration limit thing while we are at it, even though we didn't really need to.

Unless you watch the whole run sequentially, you're not gonna ruin much for yourselves watching the last episode. Each episode is so immersive, knowing the final episode wont take away from anything. Least it never has for me.

Loose more watching it on BBC I htink with how frequently they go to commercial. Would strongly recommend getting the dvd collection and watching it that way or you'll be pulling your hair out in frustration :)

Compared to other episodes I didn't actually like the final much. Been better final episodes and better in-between ones. And of course the very first Smith epi was awesome. The last one scored high with me on one count, but "spoilers..." :) Sufficed to say I was glad to be watching with the lights off and alone so no one saw or heard the choking sob :) Not a sad sob, but incredibly emotional.

Last edited:
I'll live. ;)

But NO!! Because we have little Whovians at my daughter's house.

Speaking of my daughter, she posted a picture of the Tardis that I love. I posted back "If I ever hear 'that noise' or see the Tardis, I'll probably burst into tears."

Which made me wonder how other people think they would react if the Tardis landed in their vicinity.

Forum List

Back