Air your issues, be heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does anyone even care what goes on in the "inner circle?" I certainly don't. If people want to have their own forum, more power to them. It's not like there are not enough other forums to post in. Feel free to talk about me behind my back if you wish. I got used to that in high school. :321:

With that said, something has been happening around here that isn't so good. Seems that cliques are forming with some 'in' and some 'out.' Sure we all have people we are closer to or agree with or like more than others, but many of these are people that have been able to get along on a board for a long time. It appears that some are acting in 'concert' with others, meaning they are ignoring some posters, even when what has been posted could be a true means for discussion.

This is the quote that made ME wonder what the hell is going on around here. A mod making a statement like this is bound to make people wonder. Is this just some off the cuff observation OR is there evidence to validate collusion?

Why should that make you wonder about anything? Cliques form *everywhere*. Some people are just drawn to each other, and some people are just like oil and water - no matter how much you shake them up, they'll never mix.

Shattered said:
Why should that make you wonder about anything? Cliques form *everywhere*. Some people are just drawn to each other, and some people are just like oil and water - no matter how much you shake them up, they'll never mix.
The quote is from a MOD who says its a "bad" thing. If some folks wanna gang up and screw with someones rep then I guess they play thier silly ass games. Like I posted--I wonder who it is!

dilloduck said:
The quote is from a MOD who says its a "bad" thing. If some folks wanna gang up and screw with someones rep then I guess they play thier silly ass games. Like I posted--I wonder who it is!

Priorities.. Rep points and cliques ain't it. JMO.

Shattered said:
Priorities.. Rep points and cliques ain't it. JMO.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry--One just has to look at all the posts where you have bitched at me about dinging you to see that's a bunch of shit. And this thread isn't just about you or me--it's about what happened on the board and how we can help Jim improve it.

IF there is collusion and someone has proof it maybe something Jim may want to look into.

Attack me in some other thread, please.

I bitched at you for dinging me BECAUSE KATHIANNE DINGED YOU. Leave that shit out of this thread.

Rep points?
In real life, 10,000 rep points and 10 bucks get you a latte and a lemon square at Starbucks.

dilloduck said:
Dillo, I'm going to give you positive rep. Will that get you over your hissy fit? Doubt it. :boohoo: Now you'll be ahead of the game!

Ok, Dillo's problem with at least one mod was me. I dinged him because of his posting something in a manner I thought displayed anti-Semitism. I've looked over the rules, I haven't found ONE that said a Mod wasn't allowed to post positive or negative, as they saw fit.

For over a week now, Dillo has been posting over and over again that a mod was abusing power! Wow. He did the same to a regular poster that told him to stop crying. :boohoo:

Ok, dillo, you are 11 points ahead than what I took 'away.' Happy now? No, not surprised.

Also, I want an investigation into who leaked my secret identity. If it is a mod, I want them impeached.

Gabriella84 said:
Also, I want an investigation into who leaked my secret identity. If it is a mod, I want them impeached.

My dear, get in line.

Kathianne said:
Dillo, I'm going to give you positive rep. Will that get you over your hissy fit? Doubt it. :boohoo: Now you'll be ahead of the game!

Ok, Dillo's problem with at least one mod was me. I dinged him because of his posting something in a manner I thought displayed anti-Semitism. I've looked over the rules, I haven't found ONE that said a Mod wasn't allowed to post positive or negative, as they saw fit.

For over a week now, Dillo has been posting over and over again that a mod was abusing power! Wow. He did the same to a regular poster that told him to stop crying. :boohoo:

Ok, dillo, you are 11 points ahead than what I took 'away.' Happy now? No, not surprised.

Now THAT'S what a call a mature way for a mod to handle issues !!
( don't worry--your buddy immediately dinged me back LOL) :baby4:

dilloduck said:

Let's be clear - I dinged you before I ever saw HER post, and I dinged you specifically for bringing a week old argument of OURS (read: Yours and Mine) in to this thread, where it doesn't belong, and because you have the nerve to state you want to let it go, but continually bring it up.

That is why I dinged you.

Can I be dinged? It sounds like great fun between friends.
I would feel much more accepted.

Shattered said:
Let's be clear - I dinged you before I ever saw HER post, and I dinged you specifically for bringing a week old argument of OURS (read: Yours and Mine) in to this thread, where it doesn't belong, and because you have the nerve to state you want to let it go, but continually bring it up.

That is why I dinged you.
Frankly, all this rep crap is BULLSHIT... There Jimmy, there's a suggestion... get rid of it!

dilloduck said:

I would have to say, ask Shattered if we are 'buddies.' LOL she was a bit confounded that I gave while she took away! In any case, do not complain again about 'mod abuse of power in rep points' regarding me. PM Jim or someone sympathetic to your complaints. I'm not listening anymore.

BTW, where are my points back? Never mind, no need. :rolleyes:

Gabriella84 said:
Can I be dinged? It sounds like great fun between friends.
I would feel much more accepted.

ok i said something dumb about gabby...sorry...it was funny in my head and now my punishment shall be....i am gabby's friend and i will ding her post with positve rep no mater what :bye1:

Kathianne said:
I would have to say, ask Shattered if we are 'buddies.' LOL she was a bit confounded that I gave while she took away! In any case, do not complain again about 'mod abuse of power in rep points' regarding me. PM Jim or someone sympathetic to your complaints. I'm not listening anymore.

BTW, where are my points back? Never mind, no need. :rolleyes:

LOL np I'll give you all points you want--they are worthless--I'd rather not bother Jim right now--too bad you can't deal with this one on a one-to-one basis with me.

I already suggested losing the rep points as a means to gain rep POWER (which is what some people REALLY flip out about).

I was on an ezboard forum once where social status was decided by how many posts you had. Members would regularly berate those with a low number of posts. They would also make posts to announce they had achieved a certain number of posts (like 10,000 or so), at which time everyone was pretty much required to congratulate their achievement.
Once, an ezboard glitch wiped out everyone's post count. The board owner wanted to start over rather than go back and research every member's post count. But she did so after almost 100 old timers threatened to quit.

The moral of the story is: Let people keep their rep counts. It is only important to those who feel it is important. Others can ignore the whole thing.

dilloduck said:
LOL np I'll give you all points you want--they are worthless--I'd rather not bother Jim right now--too bad you can't deal with this one on a one-to-one basis with me.

I already suggested losing the rep points as a means to gain rep POWER (which is what some people REALLY flip out about).

worthless you say....damn i was going to trade mine in for a toaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back