Air your issues, be heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
dilloduck said:
Will do------Jim, ban me if you want but I think the biggest problem with this board is all the arguing going on with you and those around you. I like the place a lot but if y'all can't get along up there you can't expect any of us "down" here to help you. I hope you can work it out to save the board for all those who love it.

I for one would like to hear some input from the mods about improving the board. any takers?

dilloduck said:
I for one would like to hear some input from the mods about improving the board. any takers?

Most of my recommendations have been aired out on other threads. But, off the top of my head, here you go:

1. Got questions about gossip? Ask Jim or a mod.

2. Got issues with a poster? Let Jim or a mod know what the deal is.

3. Not everyone with a differing viewpoint is a DU troll. There have been lots of arguments about gaining and showing respect, but I think that it all boils down to the Golden Rule: treat others as you would want to be treated. If someone gets on your nerves, yet isn't breaking any rules, ignore them. It's a great board function and it's there for a reason.

gop_jeff said:
Most of my recommendations have been aired out on other threads. But, off the top of my head, here you go:

1. Got questions about gossip? Ask Jim or a mod.

2. Got issues with a poster? Let Jim or a mod know what the deal is.

3. Not everyone with a differing viewpoint is a DU troll. There have been lots of arguments about gaining and showing respect, but I think that it all boils down to the Golden Rule: treat others as you would want to be treated. If someone gets on your nerves, yet isn't breaking any rules, ignore them. It's a great board function and it's there for a reason.

and if we have a problem with a mod tell Jim too?----damn he's gonna be one busy boy.

Just so everyone is clear,

Problem with Moderator = a Moderator violated board policy, or is abusing his/her powers. Things of that nature.

Problem with Moderator does NOT = somebody disagreeing with a Moderator's view on (insert topic of discussion).

-=d=- said:
Just so everyone is clear,

Problem with Moderator = a Moderator violated board policy, or is abusing his/her powers. Things of that nature.

Problem with Moderator does NOT = somebody disagreeing with a Moderator's view on (insert topic of discussion).

still--a hell of a lot of work for Jim

dilloduck said:
still--a hell of a lot of work for Jim

Jim has a strong group of Moderators backing him up. There are some I would go to with an issue (don't often get them as I simply can't get upset over words on a Messageboard), others that I wouldn't. Even the topmost position needs help in order to get things done...

Nobody can do it alone.

no1tovote4 said:
Jim has a strong group of Moderators backing him up. There are some I would go to with an issue (don't often get them as I simply can't get upset over words on a Messageboard), others that I wouldn't. Even the topmost position needs help in order to get things done...

Nobody can do it alone.

Nope---we're finding that out---we lost a lot of help

jimnyc said:
Gabby fake and done so to make money? Hardly.

-Jim

I am curious to know where you got that idea, that I might have said or suggested that? I do not recall mentioning anything like that in any of my public posts!

dilloduck said:
and if we have a problem with a mod tell Jim too?----damn he's gonna be one busy boy.

Well, he's the board admin, which is the next step up from moderators. Alternately, you could talk to the mod (through PM, preferably). If you feel his/her explanation is insufficient, go to Jim.

SE asked me to post this for him, for those who want to know! This may be my last post!

For whoever may be interested:

I was alerted to todays events here by Trinity,
honestly I wish to discuss the issues here no further
as I would rather become forgotten around here.

Do you think I have intentions on wrecking things
here? impossible! this place will go on regardless of
who is here, thats just the nature of things. I don't
wish to be mentioned or used as anyones scapegoat
either. Seems some have become very talkative in my
absence yet did'nt wanna say peep well I was around.

Who is Gabby, who knows. does she use a proxy server?
definitely as she admitted so herself, just search her
posts!

What goes on around here is he least of my concern
anymore. Me and Jim no longer have contact and thats
just how it is. If he cares to divulge is dirty
laundry to you then so be it, Please don't ask this of
me!

Ask yourself this, why did Jeff a very respected
member here go above and beyond to protect Gabby? Why
not pm to discuss it? Why did Darin make a public
issue to the other mods of a heated discussion we had,
why not pm me?

You think I have something to lie about or a hidden
agenda that's fine I DON'T CARE! I did my best to
treat people respectively and fairly on the board, and
honestly I became resigned to defending the boards
position when others questioned it. Over that time I
learned a great deal about you people, you have
learned a great deal about me. I tried to keep the
identity of that alive but it slipped away for unknown
reason. So think I lied to everyone along the way? no
problem, I certainly won't lose sleep about it.
Believe what you want, say what you have to say, whats
done is done and my words wont cross this board ever
again!

Now, one simple question people! I asked my brother
to do away with my connection to the board, he
refused! why? maybe something to do with the 13,000
plus post, it probably wont look too good!

Let's see if this posts manages to last in an open
thread or gets deleted, either way some will see it!

Final wish - Leave me out of this, it's a dead issue
to me!

I have to admit publicly that I AM a fake. I am really Hillary Clinton.
I need something to do while Bill is out screwing around. ;)

I do use a proxy server -- Ghost Surf Professional. I use it whenever I am on the internet, not just on this board. It protects your privacy and guards against your identity being stolen.

I will post in any thread I want and say anything I want. Just because I can.

I don't believe many of your stories either. This is the internet, ya know. Anyone can make up a bunch of old war stories.

As a mental health professional in training, I can tell that some of you have really serious problems.

I am getting married on Aug. 6. Please don't attack my wedding. :ali:

I'm wondering why there is an "inner circle"on the board? Are some people more valuable and special to the board than other,or is it just basically a click? Just wondering. Some of things I am hearing are games my 10 year old wouldn't play on someone,and if true,I'm pretty disappointed. I always thought a lot of the board and really liked the people here,even the ones I disagree with. I don't think it's a big secret that some of the new characters are a bit wild,or almost taunting to get a response. I know some Libs do that,but they are regulars and I'm pretty sure they are real(Bullypulpit for example). Like I said,if any of this is true(and I'm sorry,but not fully convinced),it's makes the board as useless as talking to a wall.

My suggestion-quit playing games,it's backfiring.

Gabriella84 said:
I will post in any thread I want and say anything I want - within the RULES OF THE FORUM, set forth by the Administrator(s).

There Gabby - I fixed that for you, now your statement is correct.

krisy said:
I'm wondering why there is an "inner circle"on the board? Are some people more valuable and special to the board than other,or is it just basically a click? Just wondering. Some of things I am hearing are games my 10 year old wouldn't play on someone,and if true,I'm pretty disappointed. I always thought a lot of the board and really liked the people here,even the ones I disagree with. I don't think it's a big secret that some of the new characters are a bit wild,or almost taunting to get a response. I know some Libs do that,but they are regulars and I'm pretty sure they are real(Bullypulpit for example). Like I said,if any of this is true(and I'm sorry,but not fully convinced),it's makes the board as useless as talking to a wall.

"Inner Circle" - people who paid a membership fee.

Sir Evil has left the building?

That's sad, and I hope it was not because of me. I am a liberal. I have views that many of you do not want to hear. If I have serious issues or complaints, I don't air my dirty laundry on the internet. I do what you should do, which is PM The Man himself. Perhaps that is why I receive "special privileges."
Any of you who have issues with me are always welcome to PM me. I don't bite. Anyone who has ever PMed me knows I am a very rational person.

I think the biggest problem that exists with many posters here is that they don't want to be contradicted. They don't want someone to aggressively argue with them. Like I told someone I have PMed with, I consider confrontational message boards to be a field of battle. And when you are in enemy territory, you don't poke you head out and wave to people. You lob a grenade to clear a path.

The primary reason many of you want me banned is because I am as serious about my responses as you are with your questions and comments. You don't like being confronted. Well, isn't that what this is all about? Aren't we supposed to be debated.

Lastly, when I wanted to get a point across, I don't normally regurgitate some story from the internet. I read a ton of stuff every day. I don't sit around watching TV. or on IM, or playing video games, or yak on the phone. I read. And I read (shock!) both sides. I know many of you consider it treasonous to think there is another side to the Bush presidency and its policies and actions.

Am I really a fake?? Do I exist?
Why do you care? If you have issues, take them to The Man.

archangel said:
I believe moderators should limit their posts...and when they do post they should refrain from exercising ban authority...it is not fair to those who do not have the power...Iv'e noticed that alot of people figure out how to pat the mods on the back in order to receive positive points...and some who lose control and speak out against a mods posts... they risk being banned...so if mods could no longer ban for comments they receive on their posts...it would level the playing field....just a comment...hope it helps.
ps: I will admit to patronizing mods from time to time...sometimes for fun...sometimes for points...sometimes to keep from getting negatives and sometimes because they deserved it...guess we all are human!

Could you please point to a situation where a mod banned someone for commenting on their post, i've yet to run across that situation. Really the only thing i'll ban for is, 1.making profane comments about a members family, I believe people unable to defend theirselves should be left out, 2. publicly questioning a mods action or questioning a mods status on the board, 3. spamming, 4. if a new member after an adequate amount of time shows no other reason for being here other than to flame and flame again.

Trinity said:
Ask yourself this, why did Jeff a very respected
member here go above and beyond to protect Gabby? Why
not pm to discuss it?

Well, since SE asked the question, and I'm sure there are others who wouldn't ask, here's my answer to that.

First, my original post (in Gabby's thread "Who are the mysterious point awarders?") was not meant in the context of "protecting Gabby," though it did come up in her thread. My point was that most of the regular posters on this board (not limited to just moderators, though some mods are just as guilty) have developed a xenophobic attitude towards new posters with a liberal slant. It just so happened that Gabby came on board as I was figuring out how to address this issue; I certainly couldn't care less if Gabby in particular is a member. So I posted my opinion in a public forum, because it is an issue that all members needed to deal with.

And while the issue has come out into the open, at least in part, I think it's still an issue. While the moderators will enforce rules, there are only about 10 of us, among the 200 or so regular posters. All of us set the tone of the board, and that tone, especially in the last few months, has been especially hostile to new posters left-of-center.

So there's my response. Anyone else have questions about what I've done, how I've handled things, what I've posted, please feel free to ask. I'm not going to get my feelings hurt, and I welcome a civil discussion with anyone.

GotZoom said:
"Inner Circle" - people who paid a membership fee.
Not true. There is even a thread in inner circle where it is discussed on whom should be invited to join the inner circle.

From a thread in the inner circle...

Nominees?
This section seems pretty run down. We haven't asked any new members to be in here in quite some time. Does anyone have anyone in mind that we should grant access top? Maybe liven the place up a bit.

freeandfun1 said:
Not true. There is even a thread in inner circle where it is discussed on whom should be invited to join the inner circle.

From a thread in the inner circle...

Ahh...I did not know that. I knew I received access when I purchased a membership. Didn't know there was an "invitee" way also.

Actually..that is very good.

Thanks!

:bow2:

krisy said:

They wanted to give added value to paying members and therefore created a few other forums so that those who paid to be a member could have something of value added to their experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back