Agree? Disagree?

Do not agree.

Actually, I admire you (a very tiny bit) for telling the truth. I'm sick of the rw's saying they want safer schools when we all know they're lying. Its like being anti-abortion. rw's don't care about abortion. They just want big government to control every move we make.

As for Obama ...

76941_523077931047410_190208968_n.jpg

After I read that last line, I thought to myself, "And they would still call him a Muslim." :lol:

Interesting how few sheeples will admit they really don't want safer schools and how few are too cowardly to just answer the two questions. As always, they hide behind name calling.

Exactly how does Obama plan to "make schools safer"?

Nothing there that I disagree with. I just wish there was more there.

1) Hire more ATF agents

How will this save 6 year olds?

2) Allow the ATF to database and track gun sales so they can target the 1% of gun dealers who make 100% of the illegal sales.

You mean illegal sales to Mexican drug cartels? We should ask AG Holder about that before we proceed. O wait! We can't...

3) Require gun dealers to maintain an inventory.

ATF already does.

4) Require gun dealers to deny sales to anyone who is obviously intoxicated.

Really! don't be ridiculous. How many drunk people go shopping for guns? How does a drunk fill in the info required by the background check?

5) Background check and register every gun sale.

Every sale in a licensed gun shop gets a back ground check and every legal gun sale is recorded.

6) Make it easier for victims to sue gun owners who are grossly neglegent in securing their firearms.

So now I am somehow negligent if someone breaks into my home and steals my firearm that you think isn't secure enough? Really guy! You are a bigger idiot than the OP.

7) Get mental health professionals into our schools and give them power to require at risk students to get counseling.

Schools already have that power. More effective, however would be replacing the mental health professionals with armed guards, perhaps with other more conventional primary tasks such as guidance councilor, Assistant Principal, maybe even School Psychologist.

8) Protect teachers and school staff from liability for reporting, suspending, and requiring counseling for students who demonstrate behavior consistent with bullying and/or shooting.

Finally something of merit, but I'm sure Liberals would fuck that up too. Some kid that draws a picture of a gun or points his finger and another kid will end up in analysis but the slightly weird Adam Lanzas and James Eagan Holmes will likely not raise anyones attention. Hell the Harris and Klebold had a friggin website didn't they? No one thought they might be dangerous?

Here is Obama's actual plan.

Those items which fall under the "make schools safer" plan are:

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

Number 12 and 19 are really one thing broken into two parts.

Nothing there that I disagree with. I just wish there was more there.

1) Hire more ATF agents
2) Allow the ATF to database and track gun sales so they can target the 1% of gun dealers who make 100% of the illegal sales.
3) Require gun dealers to maintain an inventory.
4) Require gun dealers to deny sales to anyone who is obviously intoxicated
5) Background check and register every gun sale
6) Make it easier for victims to sue gun owners who are grossly neglegent in securing their firearms.
7) Get mental health professionals into our schools and give them power to require at risk students to get counseling.
8) Protect teachers and school staff from liability for reporting, suspending, and requiring counseling for students who demonstrate behavior consistent with bullying and/or shooting.
So you do advocate a pseudo-police state. Good to know.

So you prefer to just slap on a label rather than engage in real discussion?
(I would say "good to know" - but I already knew)
In your case, yes. What you propose is nothing more than Brady Campaign talking points that have no basis in reality and would do little to nothing to prevent violence. Real discussion has already been "done to death" and all of what you propose has been debunked as ridiculous.

Agree

If one child's life is saved, it will be worth it. The legitimate gun owners should all support legitimate measures to keep guns out of the hands of anyone who wants to do harm. The NRA has fanned the flames of hysteria. Reason says something needs to be done.

So next you'll be going after pools, adult beds, food, clothing, bathtubs, vehicles, sidewalks, houses, kitchen utensils, procreation, etc.... ad nauseum. I mean, if you feel that strongly we need to eliminate everything that can save one child's life.

He would if he actually gave a shit about children.

But he doesn't.

So now I am somehow negligent if someone breaks into my home and steals my firearm that you think isn't secure enough? Really guy!

Yup - really.
If you are grossly neglegent (look it up if you don't know what it means).

The NRA isd using this issue as a big money grab. "Scare" up some donations.
Plain and simple.
They are the ones who wrote the law that bans the ATF from requiring gun dealers to take an inventory and bans the ATF from maintaining a gun sales database. They slipped it to a friendly congressman, who slipped it into a completely unrelated bill.

Huff, puff, spew, and splutter until you're apoplectic and purple in the face. Doesn't matter to me at all.
At least this debate is ripping the sheep's clothing off of the wolves.

So you do advocate a pseudo-police state. Good to know.

In your case, yes. What you propose is nothing more than Brady Campaign talking points that have no basis in reality and would do little to nothing to prevent violence. Real discussion has already been "done to death" and all of what you propose has been debunked as ridiculous.

Yes, yes of course they have....

Funny that in all the "debunking" you don't seem to be able to remember a single point.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Plain and simple.
They are the ones who wrote the law that bans the ATF from requiring gun dealers to take an inventory and bans the ATF from maintaining a gun sales database. They slipped it to a friendly congressman, who slipped it into a completely unrelated bill.

Huff, puff, spew, and splutter until you're apoplectic and purple in the face. Doesn't matter to me at all.

As I explained to another clueless hack, the BATF never had the authority, that authority resides with the FBI and the attempt to have it applied to the BATF, pushed by Bloomberg and the Brady Campaign in order to have access to that information for purposes other than what it was intended for. Even the BATF was opposed to it.
Care to try again?

Yes, yes of course they have....

Funny that in all the "debunking" you don't seem to be able to remember a single point.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Sure thing there Sparky...... Keep spinning, not that you're aren't dizzy enough.......

Plain and simple.

As I explained to another clueless hack, the BATF never had the authority, that authority resides with the FBI and the attempt to have it applied to the BATF, pushed by Bloomberg and the Brady Campaign in order to have access to that information for purposes other than what it was intended for. Even the BATF was opposed to it.
Care to try again?

I don't have to try again. You can make up all the B.S. you want. Doesn't change the facts. And the FACTS are as I have presented them. Your cluelessness is not MY responsibility.

Plain and simple.

Care to try again?

I don't have to try again. You can make up all the B.S. you want. Doesn't change the facts. And the FACTS are as I have presented them. Your cluelessness is not MY responsibility.
No they're not but don't let me stop your trip into wonderland. Try researching something other than the Brady Campaign site........ Clueless...... Try looking in a mirror..... :lmao:

Agree

If one child's life is saved, it will be worth it. The legitimate gun owners should all support legitimate measures to keep guns out of the hands of anyone who wants to do harm. The NRA has fanned the flames of hysteria. Reason says something needs to be done.

So do we ban peanuts and destroy every peanut plant?
Do we ban children from riding in vehicles?
Do we outlaw the flu?

The problem is everything proposed does nothing to keep arms out of the hands of those determined to commit a crime.

Please tell me how a 7 round mag limitation prevents criminals from getting thier hands on guns? More directly, how does limiting mags to 7 rounds prevent criminals from getting mags with more? Or learning how to speed change a mag?

Or just carrying more than one gun.

Agree

So next you'll be going after pools, adult beds, food, clothing, bathtubs, vehicles, sidewalks, houses, kitchen utensils, procreation, etc.... ad nauseum. I mean, if you feel that strongly we need to eliminate everything that can save one child's life.

And you know what will happen after they've taken everyone's freedom and padded all the sharp edges in life?

One hundred percent of the people on this planet will still die. Just like they do now.

Forum List

Back