Agree? Disagree?

It has nothing too do with making schools safer and all about disarming Americans.
that is a position held by only an extreme few on the far left. In reality it's only about expedient politics that benefit certain politicians catering to their base for political gain. And yes, you are correct, it has nothing to do with making anyone safer.

But that is who we are dealing with, the extreme left gun control has always been their agenda.

And while they may want that the reality is not all on the left are extreme, just as not all on the right are extreme. Most know a so called assault weapons ban will never pass congress and most realize, if by some fluke, it does the next Republican president will get it repealed or wait for it to expire and not renew it.
In a short period time the furor over this will die down and the majority of those currently reacting emotively will either lose interest or wise up to reality. Those people are the reason Obama wants the ban passed now, he knows the typical attention span of the vast majority of Americans.

that is a position held by only an extreme few on the far left. In reality it's only about expedient politics that benefit certain politicians catering to their base for political gain. And yes, you are correct, it has nothing to do with making anyone safer.

But that is who we are dealing with, the extreme left gun control has always been their agenda.

And while they may want that the reality is not all on the left are extreme, just as not all on the right are extreme. Most know a so called assault weapons ban will never pass congress and most realize, if by some fluke, it does the next Republican president will get it repealed or wait for it to expire and not renew it.
In a short period time the furor over this will die down and the majority of those currently reacting emotively will either lose interest or wise up to reality. Those people are the reason Obama wants the ban passed now, he knows the typical attention span of the vast majority of Americans.

That's why I say we need to end this debate now, we repeat this over and over and over. It needs to be dead and over with.

That's why I say we need to end this debate now, we repeat this over and over and over. It needs to be dead and over with.

Are you advocating curtailing free speech just because you disagree with the opposition? Aren't you one of those who claims the liberals do that to silence the right? (I've read your posts so answer honestly.)

Are you advocating curtailing free speech just because you disagree with the opposition? Aren't you one of those who claims the liberals do that to silence the right? (I've read your posts so answer honestly.)

I advocate restricting propaganda that is the basis of the argument from anti gun groups.

He knows there is zero chance of another AWB, but knows that if he pushes hard enough and hang the bodies of enough babies on the GOP, they will give him something, Whether it's an end to gun shows or registration of private sales, he wants, and will likely get something he or the next Comrade President can build on, the next time some nut shoots up a schoolroom
The gun grabbers love dead kids. Hell we had a weirdo shoot up a theater in Colorado, but nary a peep. Dead kids? Yup spring into action!

i disagree, but more importantly, the presidents proposed plan does not achieve his objectives

I advocate restricting propaganda that is the basis of the argument from anti gun groups.
Ah, so you do advocate restricting free speech. Good to know.

543770_10151362281201749_111668320_n.png

Nothing there that I disagree with. I just wish there was more there.

1) Hire more ATF agents
2) Allow the ATF to database and track gun sales so they can target the 1% of gun dealers who make 100% of the illegal sales.
3) Require gun dealers to maintain an inventory.
4) Require gun dealers to deny sales to anyone who is obviously intoxicated
5) Background check and register every gun sale
6) Make it easier for victims to sue gun owners who are grossly neglegent in securing their firearms.
7) Get mental health professionals into our schools and give them power to require at risk students to get counseling.
8) Protect teachers and school staff from liability for reporting, suspending, and requiring counseling for students who demonstrate behavior consistent with bullying and/or shooting.

Agree

If one child's life is saved, it will be worth it. The legitimate gun owners should all support legitimate measures to keep guns out of the hands of anyone who wants to do harm. The NRA has fanned the flames of hysteria. Reason says something needs to be done.

Agree

If one child's life is saved, it will be worth it. The legitimate gun owners should all support legitimate measures to keep guns out of the hands of anyone who wants to do harm. The NRA has fanned the flames of hysteria. Reason says something needs to be done.

so far i don't see many legitimate measures coming forth. we all know how well bans work

He knows there is zero chance of another AWB, but knows that if he pushes hard enough and hang the bodies of enough babies on the GOP, they will give him something, Whether it's an end to gun shows or registration of private sales, he wants, and will likely get something he or the next Comrade President can build on, the next time some nut shoots up a schoolroom
The gun grabbers love dead kids. Hell we had a weirdo shoot up a theater in Colorado, but nary a peep. Dead kids? Yup spring into action!

I know how it works and what the ploy is by those who ultimately wish to eradicate the 2nd amendment. I also understand political machinations and leveraging. It never comes to pass, it eventually comes to pass, the people allow and accept it or not, the people rise up and fight or not.

I know how it works and what the ploy is by those who ultimately wish to eradicate the 2nd amendment. I also understand political machinations and leveraging. It never comes to pass, it eventually comes to pass, the people allow and accept it or not, the people rise up and fight or not.

where i believe we have a greater level of risk here is that much greater percent of the population depends on the government and that is growing. they are less likely to stand up and revolt because of that dependence

Agree

No, reason says that doing "something" just to be doing something - not to mention setting blanket public policy on the basis of "just one life" - is fucking stupid, juvenile, and ultimately more destructive than doing nothing at all would have been.

I'm not interested in either endangering my family worse OR giving up my freedom just so yuo can sit and pat yourself on the back for how caring and compassionate and proactive you are for having "done something, by God". Present me an actual plan instead of screaming, "We have to DO SOMETHING!" or go away.

Ah, so you do advocate restricting free speech. Good to know.

I advocate restricting lies.

Agree

So do we ban peanuts and destroy every peanut plant?
Do we ban children from riding in vehicles?
Do we outlaw the flu?

The problem is everything proposed does nothing to keep arms out of the hands of those determined to commit a crime.

Please tell me how a 7 round mag limitation prevents criminals from getting thier hands on guns? More directly, how does limiting mags to 7 rounds prevent criminals from getting mags with more? Or learning how to speed change a mag?

1) Hire more ATF agents
2) Allow the ATF to database and track gun sales so they can target the 1% of gun dealers who make 100% of the illegal sales.
6) Make it easier for victims to sue gun owners who are grossly neglegent in securing their firearms.
7) Get mental health professionals into our schools and give them power to require at risk students to get counseling.
8) Protect teachers and school staff from liability for reporting, suspending, and requiring counseling for students who demonstrate behavior consistent with bullying and/or shooting.
So you do advocate a pseudo-police state. Good to know.

Agree

So next you'll be going after pools, adult beds, food, clothing, bathtubs, vehicles, sidewalks, houses, kitchen utensils, procreation, etc.... ad nauseum. I mean, if you feel that strongly we need to eliminate everything that can save one child's life.

1) Hire more ATF agents
So you do advocate a pseudo-police state. Good to know.

So you prefer to just slap on a label rather than engage in real discussion?
(I would say "good to know" - but I already knew)

Forum List

Back