A Win For NFL Owners on Sunday

Ah yes, that right wing MSNBC.

You’re insane
Not even they told us Bush lied us into Iraq, or stole 2000.

“Absolutely. For the war. For the war,” said Trump, referring to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. “Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies, and I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant and they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And yet Bush got us into this horrible war with lies. By lying. By saying they had weapons of mass destruction. By saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.”

Here baby. The actual full broadcast game isn't available that I can find, but on this version of yours which cuts out parts of it and doesn't show the full screen, you can hear the commentators reacting to the play in question, where he says he could see it all the way from up here and both are surprised it didn't bring a penalty, at 1:24:20 into the video in the 4th Qrtr. with 2:45 left in the game.
I just watched that portion of the game. I have NFL+, so I can watch replays of all the games. At that point in the game there is a pass attempt where a Chiefs defender clearly holds the Ravens receiver. The ball is overthrown by a lot snd the penalty is not called. It should have been. The game was 17-7 at that point, 2:38 left in the 4th quarter. Not a missed roughing call.
There WAS a play late in the 49er/Lions game where a Lions defender hit Purdy helmet-to-helmet as Purdy was being sacked that was not called a penalty, and the announcers speculated that it could have been. It’s possible you’re thinking of that play, instead of the missed holding from the Chiefs. Would have been an automatic first either way, just different yardage.

I just watched that portion of the game. I have NFL+, so I can watch replays of all the games. At that point in the game there is a pass attempt where a Chiefs defender clearly holds the Ravens receiver. The ball is overthrown by a lot snd the penalty is not called. It should have been. The game was 17-7 at that point, 2:38 left in the 4th quarter. Not a missed roughing call.
There WAS a play late in the 49er/Lions game where a Lions defender hit Purdy helmet-to-helmet as Purdy was being sacked that was not called a penalty, and the announcers speculated that it could have been. It’s possible you’re thinking of that play, instead of the missed holding from the Chiefs. Would have been an automatic first either way, just different yardage.
toobfreak

Wait, just like I said? Feel free to apologize at any time.

Not even they told us Bush lied us into Iraq, or stole 2000.

“Absolutely. For the war. For the war,” said Trump, referring to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. “Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies, and I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant and they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And yet Bush got us into this horrible war with lies. By lying. By saying they had weapons of mass destruction. By saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.”
You’re beyond all hope if you think MSNBC is right wing.

That sounds reasonable. Normally I would keep those games on my DVR to watch a second time to clear up missed details but I erased them due to not having much space left on my drive. But watching two games in one afternoon, neither of which I was personally invested in, it gets a bit long in the tooth. I was sure that Jackson missed a near roughing call which /caused/ him to overshoot the receiver. But the point remains the same: had it not been for that blown call, the Ravens might easily have pulled within 3 points with a chance of winning the game (R or OT) but that blown call pretty much killed Baltimore's chances.

For the way the NFL watches these games with experts up in the booth or in NYC and the way they hit players with fins a week later on review, it bugs me that despite all the money and technology put into these games, they still manage to miss or correct critical penalties.

Now, just when I have thrown my support behind seeing KC win the SB, Mahomes' bum of a father comes along, already with his previous DUI putting him in the tank for 40 days, now on the eve of his son's possible trump of a lifetime, the crock gets another DUI that could likely land him in jail for 2 years or more!

That souse of a father will no doubt weigh heavily in the back of Mahomes mind now. Embarrassing.

That sounds reasonable. Normally I would keep those games on my DVR to watch a second time to clear up missed details but I erased them due to not having much space left on my drive. But watching two games in one afternoon, neither of which I was personally invested in, it gets a bit long in the tooth. I was sure that Jackson missed a near roughing call which /caused/ him to overshoot the receiver. But the point remains the same: had it not been for that blown call, the Ravens might easily have pulled within 3 points with a chance of winning the game (R or OT) but that blown call pretty much killed Baltimore's chances.

For the way the NFL watches these games with experts up in the booth or in NYC and the way they hit players with fins a week later on review, it bugs me that despite all the money and technology put into these games, they still manage to miss or correct critical penalties.

Now, just when I have thrown my support behind seeing KC win the SB, Mahomes' bum of a father comes along, already with his previous DUI putting him in the tank for 40 days, now on the eve of his son's possible trump of a lifetime, the crock gets another DUI that could likely land him in jail for 2 years or more!

That souse of a father will no doubt weigh heavily in the back of Mahomes mind now. Embarrassing.
The refs do blow some important calls, no doubt. That said, I am often VERY impressed by calls they are able to make in the moment that I need multiple slow-mo camera angles to confirm.
We give the refs a lot of flack, and sometimes they certainly deserve it, but on the whole, it’s actually pretty damn amazing the things they can see in real time.
I do wish the replay system could be cleaned up, but with the various ways they’ve tried to fine tune it already, I’m not sure how.

The refs do blow some important calls, no doubt. That said, I am often VERY impressed by calls they are able to make in the moment that I need multiple slow-mo camera angles to confirm.
Well, they are right there, supposed experts in the game, each of them focused on one aspect of the game, the sideline, the field, the scrimmage line or the ball, while you are at home watching TV trying to take it all in.

We give the refs a lot of flack, and sometimes they certainly deserve it, but on the whole, it’s actually pretty damn amazing the things they can see in real time.
I do wish the replay system could be cleaned up, but with the various ways they’ve tried to fine tune it already, I’m not sure how.
One penalty that killed me was in a Steeler game where the receiver caught the ball running to make first down and the safety came up to hit him to break up the catch and prevent the down. It was a good strong hit, the play was broken, he did his job, the receiver got up and walked away.

The ref threw a flag and WITHOUT REVIEW, ejected the player from the game! It was a legal hit. Then the NFL penalized him three weeks pay and banned him the rest of the season for making good football.

Forum List

Back