QB play again proves how you cannot win in playoffs without top talent

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Top level talent is obviously required at this position to get to the playoffs, and this season really shows just how good the QB's are who are remaining.

Baker Mayfield and Jared Goff are not considerd top level talent, but they can game manage their teams to wins. Of the remaining QB's, you have the likely MVP of the league, Lamar Jackson, Mahomes and Allen need no introduction, and then you have some young talent at the position. Consider how well these QB's are playing:

Love and 49ers starting quarterback Brock Purdy are two of just five quarterbacks to throw for at least 30 touchdowns and 4,000 passing yards in their first seasons as a full-time NFL starting quarterback, joining Hall of Famer Kurt Warner (1999), Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes (2018) and Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert (2020).

That is pretty rareified air.

And the season that Stroud is having:

Texans rookie quarterback C.J. Stroud, the second overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, led the NFL in touchdown-to-interception ratio in the regular season (23-5). He also has the best touchdown-to-interception ratio (21-2, 10.5) against winning teams in NFL history (minimum 250 pass attempts), including playoffs.

J. Goff
B. Mayfield
P. Mahomes
J. Allen
L. Jackson
C.J. Stroud
J. Love
B. Purdy

I would bet that either Love or Purdy pass for the most yards today, and if I had to pick, I'll take Love to have the most passing yards this weekend.

It's supposed to be as cold in Murdermore today as it will be in Buffalo tomorrow.....Let's see how Mr. "Talent" deals with wind chills in the single digits in a few hours.

My sister lives a few miles from M&T stadium, you can see and hear the fans from her rooftop deck, and she said that the windchill cuts right through the first two layers you're wearing, blowing in from the Inner Harbor. The cold there does not even compare to the cold in Buffalo or K.C. though, so either of those teams will have an advantage in Baltimore with the weather if Lamar does not blow it.

My sister lives a few miles from M&T stadium, you can see and hear the fans from her rooftop deck, and she said that the windchill cuts right through the first two layers you're wearing, blowing in from the Inner Harbor. The cold there does not even compare to the cold in Buffalo or K.C. though, so either of those teams will have an advantage in Baltimore with the weather if Lamar does not blow it.
LOL....Your sister is correct. I went a shoveled-out my Mom's driveway around 1100 and damn it was cold with that wind....Lucky for me it's a short driveway. ;)

Yep, the biggest test in the career of C.J. Stroud, a dome team playing in the elements on the road, see if he can make it a game.

A QB is nothing without a good OL. Granted some are better at seeing the field situation and moving around to get off a play (Montana, yes Stroud, Lamar) these are the ones the OP is crowing about. My grandmother can throw ten yd curl routes if given the time.

Brady is nothing without ten years of the best OLine ever to suit up.

Forum List

Back