A teenager knocked on the wrong door. Now he’s dead, and the homeowner is accused of murder.

He shot through the door and is charged with murder? Either the DA is purposely over-charging to get this guy an acquittal or we're not being given the whole story.

DAs don't overcharge to get an acquittal. This is western Massachusetts. The politics out there are very far left. I would gather this is more of a case of the DA not thinking you have the right to protect your yourself against an intruder.

No the politics there are not "very far left". I've lived there. It's everyday working class.

Yes, they are. I grew up in Massachusetts, in Boston. An elected Republican anywhere in western Mass is far and few between. After the 80s it became the most Democratic part of the state.

"Murder"? Bullshit.

But use of lethal force was not justified. One wonders what the verbal exchange was - if there was one.

Prosecutors said there was a verbal exchange. They also indicated glass was broken.

So? He shot him through the door. Was not defense. Kid is dead and this moron is going to jail.

Isn't that what Joe Biden advised?

It looks like a good shoot to me.

Unknown person knocks on door, probably told to go away by homeowner.
Person is continues to knock is now trespassing.
Homeowner tells person to leave, person breaks glass. Person is now breaking and entering.
Pull the trigger.

Why do you liberals constantly make people who are committing crimes victims and heroes?

"Murder"? Bullshit.

But use of lethal force was not justified. One wonders what the verbal exchange was - if there was one.

Prosecutors said there was a verbal exchange. They also indicated glass was broken.

So? He shot him through the door. Was not defense. Kid is dead and this moron is going to jail.
How do you know he is going to jail?
I assume you would let drunken strangers break into your home?

I don't shoot people through doors. You pee yourself every time the house creaks at night? Where did all these scared gun owners come from?
You are comparing conversation and broken glass to a house creaking? Idiot

Far more details are needed in this story. At first glance, breaking a pane of glass would sure doesn't play well for the kid. I think this case is going to hinge on the conversation beforehand.

Could be a very old door with a drunk knock accidently breaking the glass. The kid was unarmed and shot through a door.

You just said the kid shot through the door. How can he shoot if he was unarmed? Can you write above a third grade level?

Shooting an unarmed kid through a door is not defense.

That's a matter of one's perception. You weren't there. You don't know what words were exchanged. You don't know the home owner didn't know if he had a weapon or not of any kind. If the person on the other side of the door has a gun or other weapon then shooting through the door absolutely is defense.

What words possibly exist in the English language, or any language --- that would merit getting picked off from inside a house?

That's a matter of one's perception. You weren't there. You don't know what words were exchanged. You don't know the home owner didn't know if he had a weapon or not of any kind. If the person on the other side of the door has a gun or other weapon then shooting through the door absolutely is defense.

I know they didn't break down the door so he was armed behind a door. I know if he had shot them after they did break through a door he wouldn't be in jail. My perception is that I'm not scared and paranoid and looking to shoot everyone. I sure as hell am not scared when I am armed behind a door with two drunk kids outside.

He didn't bother to wait to find out, did he?

Oh I see, so you're supposed to wait until the guy gets into your house and possibly shoots you first, you know, just to make sure? Never mind the danger to your own family in the meantime. You're also assuming he knew he was "just a 15 year old kid."

Like I said, you weren't there and neither was I. I don't know what I'd do in that situation, but you're making assumptions based on your own bias just like BrainDead is.

The bottom line is, if this kid wasn't out getting drunk at 15 years old like he shouldn't have been, this would have never happened.

I know they didn't break down the door so he was armed behind a door. I know if he had shot them after they did break through a door he wouldn't be in jail. My perception is that I'm not scared and paranoid and looking to shoot everyone. I sure as hell am not scared when I am armed behind a door with two drunk kids outside.
Three drunk kids and you are full of shit.

You have no idea what goes through your mind when drunk adult sized teens are trying top break into your home despite your warnings.

"Murder"? Bullshit.

Isn't that what Joe Biden advised?

It looks like a good shoot to me.

Unknown person knocks on door, probably told to go away by homeowner.
Person is continues to knock is now trespassing.
Homeowner tells person to leave, person breaks glass. Person is now breaking and entering.
Pull the trigger.

Why do you liberals constantly make people who are committing crimes victims and heroes?

Gun nuts really are scared and paranoid.

I shoulda knows the excuse that he broke a window is no where in the article. SO he literally got shot because this guy was paranoid someone knocked on his door

Forum List

Back