He was accused of having a gun at school. Now, he's suing the TDSB and Toronto police

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I wish I had a father who cared or I would have been able to do the same, for plenty more than this lie which I also experienced.

TPS, OPP, Peel Region Police, Durham Region, RCMP.

No wonder our allies don't trust us...

Ahmaud Benjamin Cockburn says he was having lunch in the gymnasium of his Toronto school when a fight broke out earlier this year. Not long after, the 18-year-old was arrested after it was reported he had a gun.

Now, Cockburn is suing the Toronto District School Board and the Toronto Police Services Board for negligence, alleging he was a victim and not the perpetrator in the incident on Jan. 19 that plunged Marc Garneau Collegiate Institute into lockdown.

On Tuesday, Cockburn told CBC Toronto police never charged him and have failed to apologize.

"They released me, they gave me back my things, they told me 'We're releasing you...no charges,'" he said.

The Toronto Police Services Board and TPS declined to comment on the suit, saying they could not do so with the case before the courts. TDSB spokesperson Ryan Bird told CBC Toronto the board's external counsel "will be responding to the lawsuit in short order."

Cockburn is also suing six students for assault and battery causing bodily injury, according to a statement of claim filed on May 9 in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.

None of the allegations have been proven in court.

Still, Cockburn said the ordeal has left him traumatized and feeling unwelcome in his community.

"Since I've been through this situation I don't even feel accepted in this community, you know. I can't leave the house without getting looks or being pointed at," he said.

More Me, Me, Me, Me under the guise of anything which allows you to bleat about how you were wronged and cannot get over how much your ego has been dashed into a million pieces .
( Shut up Luiza about your terminal condition )

So , based on the simpering snivels of one big baby we get :-
" No wonder our allies don't trust us " .

Forum List

Back