Cleveland police ask for open carry ban

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
The Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association is asking the governor to suspend state law allowing the open carry of firearms for the duration of Republican National Convention.

Gov. John Kasich does not have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or state laws, spokeswoman Emmalee Kalmbach said.
Cleveland police union appeals for weapons ban

Not having the power to suspend state/constitutional rights would not stop -some- governors. Good job, John.

“We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something — I don’t care if it’s constitutional or not at this point,” Cleveland Police Union president Stephen Loomis told CNN.
Yes... lets just suspend rights whenever we think it is a good idea.

I heard the guy this morning. I don't think he's wacky, there's no way to determine who's who and many on the left are filled with hate. He says he's very pro-2nd, he's just worried about a powder keg blowing up on their watch.

I heard the guy this morning. I don't think he's wacky, there's no way to determine who's who and many on the left are filled with hate. He says he's very pro-2nd, he's just worried about a powder keg blowing up on their watch.

Lots of open carry in Dallas caused a lot of confusion and many are dead now.

Yes.

One caused the other.

Totally.

Not a single person was killed by the people open carrying at the protest (we don't know if the shooter was part of the open carry group or not), and none of them were shot by cops. They did what they should have done, they did not go looking for the guy, or get in the way of the police.

Not a single person was killed by the people open carrying at the protest (we don't know if the shooter was part of the open carry group or not), and none of them were shot by cops. They did what they should have done, they did not go looking for the guy, or get in the way of the police.

They caused a lot of confusion with the police.

They caused a lot of fear by the police. They weren't Tea Party goers exercising their 2nd amendment rights, they were thug rioters carrying guns to protect themselves from all the racist cops. No wonder cops didn't feel comfortable with it.

Do we have any concrete evidence of that?

...as he chants in his padded cell.

These armed civilians exercising their right did create a massive confusion for the Dallas police. They have to sort it out while they are being shot at. WTH.
Chief of police and mayor and pastor both shared the same concerns about heavily armed calling these people stupid.

Dallas sniper shootings put spotlight on open-carry gun laws

Friend or foe? Open-carry law poses challenge to police

The protest, a response to police shootings of black men, was also attended by 20 or 30 people wearing gas masks and military-style garb while openly carrying rifles and handguns, according to Dallas Police Chief David Brown.
When sniper fire began, these armed persons were immediately tagged as suspects amid the mass confusion and chaos, complicating police response, Dallas officials have said. Police also released on social media a photo of one demonstrator, Mark Hughes, who was openly carrying a firearm. Hughes was called a suspect by police. Hughes was detained, questioned, and eventually released, saying later that police erroneously claimed they had video linking him to the shooting.

These armed civilians exercising their right did create a massive confusion for the Dallas police. They have to sort it out while they are being shot at. WTH.
Chief of police and mayor and pastor both shared the same concerns about heavily armed calling these people stupid.

Dallas sniper shootings put spotlight on open-carry gun laws

Friend or foe? Open-carry law poses challenge to police

The protest, a response to police shootings of black men, was also attended by 20 or 30 people wearing gas masks and military-style garb while openly carrying rifles and handguns, according to Dallas Police Chief David Brown.
When sniper fire began, these armed persons were immediately tagged as suspects amid the mass confusion and chaos, complicating police response, Dallas officials have said. Police also released on social media a photo of one demonstrator, Mark Hughes, who was openly carrying a firearm. Hughes was called a suspect by police. Hughes was detained, questioned, and eventually released, saying later that police erroneously claimed they had video linking him to the shooting.

I have a feeling the people running in panic who were UNARMED can be accused of "complicating" the police response to the shooter as well.

But gun control people have an ax to grind, and never let a good crisis go to waste, so open carry will now be a bugaboo for them.

and open carry would not be such an issue if government didn't make concealed carry such a pain in the ass in some locations.

Oh just wait until the board lets the cops know how they know their job better than the cops

No there isn't because it's not true, it's gunphobic propaganda based on sensationalist newspaper headlines. The reality is that there's always confusion at the onset of a shooting situation, three people open carrying were detained as possible suspects, that's an example of the police taking charge of the situation and removing potential threats/victims until guilt or innocence could be established.
Given the fact that only three were detained I seriously doubt there were "lots" of open carry plus given the fact that Dallas has around 1.3 million people the percentage of people open carrying in Dallas is most likely less than .00001% of the total population.

Oh just wait until the board lets the cops know how they know their job better than the cops

So the rule is unless you are actually part of something, you can't comment on it or criticize about it?

So basically that leaves you only being able to comment on being a bigoted twat. Kind of limits your range there, doesn't it?

Remember when they thought there were 3 shooters? They took lots of people into custody that were not involved. It caused a lot of confusion.

Troll...nothing you anti gunners say about people carrying guns in a mass shooting happened...Lyon were wrong on everything....

The people carrying pistols and rifles...they did not turn into Rambo and engage the shooter...they were responsible, law abiding people...they knew the cops were on the scene so they retreated and let th cops do their jobs.....

Then the other lie you guys tell...that the cops won't know who the shooter is...didn't happen...you had people with openly carried rifles, and likely pistols....and when the shooting started the cops did not shoot the good guys with the guns....why? Because they could see they weren't shooting innocent people.........

You anti gunners are wrong on every thing about guns and gun owners in this country......the facts, the statistics and the actual situations show that you know zero when it comes to this topic.........

Remember when they thought there were 3 shooters? They took lots of people into custody that were not involved. It caused a lot of confusion.

Moron......they thought there were three shooters because the sound was echoing off of the buildings......troll.

Did the shooter try to blend in with the open carry people? was he even in the same area as them?

The main cause of the confusion was the guy shooting the cops and hunting them down. It's like any other tactical situation, one guy had the initiative, and the combination of this and the crowd in general probably had far more impact than 20-30 open carry people running away like the rest of the crowd or trying to find cover. Note that none of them got shot, so more than likely none of them brandished their weapons.

Moron...another thing....every mass shooting we have had initially comes out with more shooters than there actually are.....even the ones in gun free zones....why?

Because of multiple 911 calls reporting the shooting and each witness/victim describing the shooter or what they think they know differently....moron.

Forum List

Back