A small trip to the grocery...a large aggravation.

I'd certainly prefer for my tax dollars to provide nutritious food to poor folks,

and am horrified that soda pop is an allowed purchase with FOOD stamps.

It gets worse.
Candy Bars, and even energy drinks can be bought by food cards.

I am genuinely pleased that most here have the sense to see that something is wrong with this picture.

it is obvious that broke folks eat shit food. its also obvious that self-righteous americans have no idea what makes their world work, even before they pretend they know so much better.

foodstamps are about one part poverty mitigation to every five parts commercial demand supplement. if we ringfence foodstamps to specific foods, the government would be actively directing demand away from tax-paying manufacturers of shitfoods.

does anyone have the sense to see what is wrong with that picture?

It is also obvious that some people, such as yourself, have a twisted bizarre view of how an economy works.

Oh...before the "RetiredArmyGuy" - or whatever his name is - post something moronic - the woman and child was white...sorry to burst that bubble for you if you see this thread.

This story of yours didn't even happen. It's inherently moronic.

Try visiting WalMart on any given day and pay attention. I believe him 100% because i have see similar so many times i cant even count them anymore.

Oh...before the "RetiredArmyGuy" - or whatever his name is - post something moronic - the woman and child was white...sorry to burst that bubble for you if you see this thread.

Try visiting WalMart on any given day and pay attention. I believe him 100% because i have see similar so many times i cant even count them anymore.

Thank you...and here is a photo of the left over cucumber/tomato salad...good thing Sarah is so smart...not.

Attachments

• $IMG00016-20100912-2032.jpg
    $IMG00016-20100912-2032.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 60
Yeah, Sarah, kids always love those Broccoli, cucumber, and red onion sammiches!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know I did..

Actually, we were a family of 10 including parents and I had my share of bologna sammiches, or peanut butter, egg salad, for lunch, whatever what was around and inexpensive.

I can't see the people here sitting in judgement and acting like they know what "type" of poor person they are gawking at. It's not helpful.

Being poor ain't easy.

I recall living for an entire semester off creamed corn (the cheapest calories in a store) and tobasco sauce (that I ripped off from some restaurant) , but still buying cigarettes as a cheap, easy, and legal thrill.

yeah but did you pay for both with YOUR own money or did the state buy your corn for you?

Being poor ain't easy.

I recall living for an entire semester off creamed corn (the cheapest calories in a store) and tobasco sauce (that I ripped off from some restaurant) , but still buying cigarettes as a cheap, easy, and legal thrill.

I know, you do what you have to do. Omg, creamed corn..

You gotta mix it with the tabasco, silly!!:tongue:

I'm thinking I'd prefer the cuke an red onion sammich. :razz:

It gets worse.

I am genuinely pleased that most here have the sense to see that something is wrong with this picture.

it is obvious that broke folks eat shit food. its also obvious that self-righteous americans have no idea what makes their world work, even before they pretend they know so much better.

foodstamps are about one part poverty mitigation to every five parts commercial demand supplement. if we ringfence foodstamps to specific foods, the government would be actively directing demand away from tax-paying manufacturers of shitfoods.

It is also obvious that some people, such as yourself, have a twisted bizarre view of how an economy works.

You don't believe Gov't policy is designed to favor certain manufacturers?

And there are a few different kind of drunks, the kind that drink imported beer to make themselves feel a little better than the others but they're all the same inside. Not to mention a drain on society.

They drink and drive putting our kids at risk, they need lots of medical care for liver disease and they're generally annoying..

Barking up the wrong tree Einstein.
I flat out never - ever drink and drive. Not one f*cking time. I was in a terrible accident when I was 16 years old that resulted in severe injuries to one of my friends and killed my best friend right in front of me.
So you can stick that mistaken surmise where the sun don't shine.

And Leinekugal isn't imported beer, it has been made in WI since 1867.
Yet another brilliantly wrong point you tried to make.

So did you buy your food with tax dollars to afford your favorite beer? Or did you work for every penny you paid for you beer?

I live just outside a small college town. I've never seen food stamps used in this town. But when I was working in Metro Center in Nashville, I saw it all the time at the nearby grocery. And it was the filthiest grocery I had ever been in. I would never buy anything there for my lunch if there was even a remote possiblity that they had prepared.

She should really be buying broccoli, cucumber and red onions to make sammiches for the kid's lunch.. They'd probably think that was really cool.

Yeah, Sarah, kids always love those Broccoli, cucumber, and red onion sammiches!!!

I know I did..

Actually, we were a family of 10 including parents and I had my share of bologna sammiches, or peanut butter, egg salad, for lunch, whatever what was around and inexpensive.

I can't see the people here sitting in judgement and acting like they know what "type" of poor person they are gawking at. It's not helpful.

Did your parents work or were they on welfare, food stamps and wick?

And there are a few different kind of drunks, the kind that drink imported beer to make themselves feel a little better than the others but they're all the same inside. Not to mention a drain on society.

They drink and drive putting our kids at risk, they need lots of medical care for liver disease and they're generally annoying..

Barking up the wrong tree Einstein.
I flat out never - ever drink and drive. Not one f*cking time. I was in a terrible accident when I was 16 years old that resulted in severe injuries to one of my friends and killed my best friend right in front of me.
So you can stick that mistaken surmise where the sun don't shine.

And Leinekugal isn't imported beer, it has been made in WI since 1867.
Yet another brilliantly wrong point you tried to make.

So did you buy your food with tax dollars to afford your favorite beer? Or did you work for every penny you paid for you beer?

You know the answer to that one.

I live just outside a small college town. I've never seen food stamps used in this town. But when I was working in Metro Center in Nashville, I saw it all the time at the nearby grocery. And it was the filthiest grocery I had ever been in. I would never buy anything there for my lunch if there was even a remote possiblity that they had prepared.

Hey look whose here...

It gets worse.

this 'twisted view' is the basis of every last larger developed economy in the world. it is only bizarre to folks who have not looked into the facts and history of the subject.

I know I did..

Did your parents work or were they on welfare, food stamps and wick?

My father worked 2 jobs but that is neither here nor there. There was never enough but they were very good parents. You can't judge that woman anymore than you could judge my mother back then because you don't know what is going on in their lives.

Also food stamps are the best stimulus, retailers everywhere take them. It seems like a few of you are trying to make yourselves seem better than everyone else by continuing this nonsense.

I know a person with a PhD who went on EBT because she got laid off in this economy (she now has a job again). She paid into it enough with all of her taxes over the years she worked. No income, no assets and she got assistance.

You guys think you're better than she is?

I doubt it. You judge? I will judge, too.

Yeah, she smokes, too. As far as she knows, that's still legal.

Last edited:
Also food stamps are the best stimulus, retailers everywhere take them. It seems like a few of you are trying to make yourselves seem better than everyone else by continuing this nonsense.

You had to mention the "s-word?"

Really, don't you think that Food Stamps should be used to fulfill dietary necessity, and that buying cigarettes contravenes the "necessity?"

Really, don't you think that Food Stamps should be used to fulfill dietary necessity, and that buying cigarettes contravenes the "necessity?"
You know, that having some cash does not preclude someone from getting EBT. And, it's probably a good idea becauseI don't think EBT covers gas to get to and from the store.

You know, that having some cash does not preclude someone from getting EBT. And, it's probably a good idea becauseI don't think EBT covers gas to get to and from the store.

Gas, insurance, maintenance?

Hell, back in the day, poor folks WALKED to the store, UPHILL......

BOTH WAYS!!!

AND THEY LIKED IT!!!!

Gas, insurance, maintenance?

Hell, back in the day, poor folks WALKED to the store, UPHILL......

BOTH WAYS!!!

AND THEY LIKED IT!!!!
Only if they were barefoot and it was snowing, though.

We have all seen it...each time frowning in quiet frustration.
I saw it again today.
I decided to make a tomato-cucumber salad to go with chicken breast I am going to grill, but I didn't have any red onions, or for that matter cucumbers either.
I am standing in the "fast lane" looking at what this women and daughter in front of me were buying.
A quick inventory and I summed up the following:

4 -12 packs of soda pop.
2 - packages of bologna.
1 giant bag of cheese-ball puffs.
1 giant bag of cheese popcorn.
1 loaf of bread.
2 - 1 litre cold coke bottles (guess they can't wait till they get home..need it now)

Annnnd...3 packs of cigarettes.

She mentioned to the clerk to ring up the cigarettes separately. The clerk didn't blink an eye.
Then I understood why - she paid for the junk food and pop with a food stamp card, and the f*cking cigarettes with cash.

Yet another example of wasted taxpayer money.
Man that pisses me off.

It's possible she was buying those cigs for someone else. An ex of mine used to buy me my Camel Lights whenever she went to the L store for us, even though she didn't smoke.

So it seems like your rant is partly based on an assumption.

this 'twisted view' is the basis of every last larger developed economy in the world. it is only bizarre to folks who have not looked into the facts and history of the subject.

And part of the reason why most of those countries are facing sovereign debt crises. Turning people into dependents on the government instead of fostering a climate which spurs economic growth and job creation is a downward spiral maneuver - as we are seeing demonstrated in high relief in our current economy.

Forum List

Back