A small trip to the grocery...a large aggravation.

i dont thing it was the food that got him...i think it was the 3 packs of ciggies

I wonder if the tax on the cigs was enough to cover the cost of the

4 -12 packs of soda pop.
2 - packages of bologna.
1 giant bag of cheese-ball puffs.
1 giant bag of cheese popcorn.
1 loaf of bread.

Hmmmm....let me get out the ol stubby pencil (no smart ass jokes, boe)

4 -12 packs of soda pop.= $12
2 - packages of bologna= 3
1 giant bag of cheese-ball puffs.=3
1 giant bag of cheese popcorn.=4
1 loaf of bread.=2

Total = $24.00

I'm gonna guess cigs are about $6/pack......with $4/pack tax X 3 = $12.00

Mr. Math says: Clearly the tabacco tax isn't nearly high enough.

Mebbe you have that $15 because your food costs have been slashed. Mebbe smoking is all that keeps you from losing it, as you fret over all the crap pressing down on you. I'm all for healthy living, for nutrious foods and such...but shaming poor people is not my cuppa.

Y'all can have this party without me. I have been poor, and it SUCKED.

And you think you are the only one?

There are two kinds of poverty in America, one is by circumstance - the other is by choice. The first is usually temporary, the second is multi-generational.
I want/do/will always support taxpayer money going to the first, as well as give to charities - the latter can sleep in a cardboard tent for all I care.

And there are a few different kind of drunks, the kind that drink imported beer to make themselves feel a little better than the others but they're all the same inside. Not to mention a drain on society.

They drink and drive putting our kids at risk, they need lots of medical care for liver disease and they're generally annoying..

Mebbe you have that $15 because your food costs have been slashed. Mebbe smoking is all that keeps you from losing it, as you fret over all the crap pressing down on you. I'm all for healthy living, for nutrious foods and such...but shaming poor people is not my cuppa.

Y'all can have this party without me. I have been poor, and it SUCKED.

And you think you are the only one?

There are two kinds of poverty in America, one is by circumstance - the other is by choice. The first is usually temporary, the second is multi-generational.
I want/do/will always support taxpayer money going to the first, as well as give to charities - the latter can sleep in a cardboard tent for all I care.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I would rep you again but it wont let me!
I got him. :)

Oh...before the "RetiredArmyGuy" - or whatever his name is - post something moronic - the woman and child was white...sorry to burst that bubble for you if you see this thread.

Oh...before the "RetiredArmyGuy" - or whatever his name is - post something moronic - the woman and child was white...sorry to burst that bubble for you if you see this thread.

This story of yours didn't even happen. It's inherently moronic.

And there are a few different kind of drunks, the kind that drink imported beer to make themselves feel a little better than the others but they're all the same inside. Not to mention a drain on society.

They drink and drive putting our kids at risk, they need lots of medical care for liver disease and they're generally annoying..

Barking up the wrong tree Einstein.
I flat out never - ever drink and drive. Not one f*cking time. I was in a terrible accident when I was 16 years old that resulted in severe injuries to one of my friends and killed my best friend right in front of me.
So you can stick that mistaken surmise where the sun don't shine.

And Leinekugal isn't imported beer, it has been made in WI since 1867.
Yet another brilliantly wrong point you tried to make.

This story of yours didn't even happen. It's inherently moronic.

:eusa_hand:

Indeed. Mrs Howell and I have never seen anyone use "Food Stamps"........

Come along Lovey; Let's not become part of this unseemly rabble's debate.:eusa_snooty:

I flat out never - ever drink and drive. Not one f*cking time. I was in a terrible accident when I was 16 years old that resulted in severe injuries to one of my friends and killed my best friend right in front of me.

I don't really believe anything you say after this ridiculous grocery story of yours.

:lol: grocery story..

I don't really believe anything you say after this ridiculous grocery story of yours.

Indeed, perposterous!

Everyone knows Cheese Puffs are not the proper accutrement to Bologna, and that Corn Bugles are the only civilized choice.

plus, I like to stick them on the ends of my fingers and pretend I have Monster Claws.:eusa_shhh:

Indeed, perposterous!

Everyone knows Cheese Puffs are not the proper accutrement to Bologna, and that Corn Bugles are the only civilized choice.

plus, I like to stick them on the ends of my fingers and pretend I have Monster Claws.:eusa_shhh:

She should really be buying broccoli, cucumber and red onions to make sammiches for the kid's lunch.. They'd probably think that was really cool.

Indeed, perposterous!

She should really be buying broccoli, cucumber and red onions to make sammiches for the kid's lunch.. They'd probably think that was really cool.

Yeah, Sarah, kids always love those Broccoli, cucumber, and red onion sammiches!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If she really wanted to be a good mother, she'd make homemade Whoopie Pies to fulfill their requirements for Fat, White Flour, and Sugar.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Whoopie-Pies-Dozens-Match-Recipes/dp/0811874540]Amazon.com: Whoopie Pies : Dozens of Mix 'em, Match 'em, Eat 'em Up Recipes (9780811874540): Sarah Billingsley, Amy Treadwell, Antonis Achilleos: Books[/ame]

Indeed, perposterous!

Yeah, Sarah, kids always love those Broccoli, cucumber, and red onion sammiches!!!

I know I did..

Actually, we were a family of 10 including parents and I had my share of bologna sammiches, or peanut butter, egg salad, for lunch, whatever what was around and inexpensive.

I can't see the people here sitting in judgement and acting like they know what "type" of poor person they are gawking at. It's not helpful.

I don't really care if you do or don't.

I'd certainly prefer for my tax dollars to provide nutritious food to poor folks,

and am horrified that soda pop is an allowed purchase with FOOD stamps.

It gets worse.
Candy Bars, and even energy drinks can be bought by food cards.

I am genuinely pleased that most here have the sense to see that something is wrong with this picture.

it is obvious that broke folks eat shit food. its also obvious that self-righteous americans have no idea what makes their world work, even before they pretend they know so much better.

foodstamps are about one part poverty mitigation to every five parts commercial demand supplement. if we ringfence foodstamps to specific foods, the government would be actively directing demand away from tax-paying manufacturers of shitfoods.

does anyone have the sense to see what is wrong with that picture?

I know I did..

Actually, we were a family of 10 including parents and I had my share of bologna sammiches, or peanut butter, egg salad, for lunch, whatever what was around and inexpensive.

I can't see the people here sitting in judgement and acting like they know what "type" of poor person they are gawking at. It's not helpful.

Being poor ain't easy.

I recall living for an entire semester off creamed corn (the cheapest calories in a store) and tobasco sauce (that I ripped off from some restaurant) , but still buying cigarettes as a cheap, easy, and legal thrill.

I know I did..

Being poor ain't easy.

I recall living for an entire semester off creamed corn (the cheapest calories in a store) and tobasco sauce (that I ripped off from some restaurant) , but still buying cigarettes as a cheap, easy, and legal thrill.

I know, you do what you have to do. Omg, creamed corn..

I know I did..

Being poor ain't easy.

I know, you do what you have to do. Omg, creamed corn..

You gotta mix it with the tabasco, silly!!:tongue:

Forum List

Back