A promise kept

The words are "support" and not "promise." Go back and show exactly where it says promised. Go back and understand the issue of discipline and of downsizing.

That is an issue of the good order and discipline of the service, not downsizing.

Question is a promise not kept still a promise kept or is it a lie?

According to political facts obama promised to increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

Increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

"Barack Obama supports plans to increase the size of the Army by 65,000 troops and the Marines by 27,000 troops. Increasing our end strength will help units retrain and re-equip properly between deployments and decrease the strain on military families."
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

But in the news now we have this

The Defense Department may have to force soldiers, Marines or other members of the military out of the services for the first time since the aftermath of the Cold War to achieve the spending reductions in its budget proposal.
The Pentagon plans to cut 67,100 soldiers from active and reserve Army units and the Army National Guard in the five years starting Oct. 1, as well as 15,200 from the active and reserve ranks of the Marine Corps as part of an effort to save $487 billion over a decade, according to the budget sent to Congress today. The Navy and Air Force would lose fewer people -- 8,600 and 1,700 respectively

Pentagon May Oust Troops Involuntarily to Meet Reductions in Budget Plan - Bloomberg

And yes they are kicking out members who have 15 years of service to keep them from getting full benefits. or at least those that is what sources tell me from the military down at fort jackson
You don't read anything within the links do you?

Obama keeps troop increase on track
Updated: Monday, November 7th, 2011 | By Louis Jacobson

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Barack Obama said that he "supports plans to increase the size of the Army by 65,000 troops and the Marines by 27,000 troops.”

As we noted when we last looked at this promise, this sounds a lot more impressive than it is, since by the time Obama was inaugurated, the Army and Marine Corps had already begun a program aimed at increasing their ranks by those numbers by the end of 2010. Their target size was 547,400 for the Army and 202,000 for the Marine Corps.

And they give him a promise kept

In other words you failed

The words are "support" and not "promise." Go back and show exactly where it says promised. Go back and understand the issue of discipline and of downsizing.

That is an issue of the good order and discipline of the service, not downsizing.

According to political facts obama promised to increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

"Barack Obama supports plans to increase the size of the Army by 65,000 troops and the Marines by 27,000 troops. Increasing our end strength will help units retrain and re-equip properly between deployments and decrease the strain on military families."

The Defense Department may have to force soldiers, Marines or other members of the military out of the services for the first time since the aftermath of the Cold War to achieve the spending reductions in its budget proposal.
The Pentagon plans to cut 67,100 soldiers from active and reserve Army units and the Army National Guard in the five years starting Oct. 1, as well as 15,200 from the active and reserve ranks of the Marine Corps as part of an effort to save $487 billion over a decade, according to the budget sent to Congress today. The Navy and Air Force would lose fewer people -- 8,600 and 1,700 respectively

Pentagon May Oust Troops Involuntarily to Meet Reductions in Budget Plan - Bloomberg

And yes they are kicking out members who have 15 years of service to keep them from getting full benefits. or at least those that is what sources tell me from the military down at fort jackson

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Barack Obama said that he "supports plans to increase the size of the Army by 65,000 troops and the Marines by 27,000 troops.”

As we noted when we last looked at this promise, this sounds a lot more impressive than it is, since by the time Obama was inaugurated, the Army and Marine Corps had already begun a program aimed at increasing their ranks by those numbers by the end of 2010. Their target size was 547,400 for the Army and 202,000 for the Marine Corps.

Obama said "support" and you fail, yet again, bigrebnc. It only matters what Obama said,not someone else's interp.

Last edited:

Obama said "support" and you fail, yet again, bigrebnc. It only matters what Obama said,not someone else's interp.

Why did the fact checker say obama promised if he didn't and place it as a kept promise? Does this mean the kept promise numbers are wrong?

Why did the fact checker say obama promised if he didn't and place it as a kept promise? Does this mean the kept promise numbers are wrong?

You are getting there. Obama said "support" and the fact checker got it wrong.

It means your own evidence has p'wnd you yet again. :lol:

If it's not a promise kept why have the fact checkers marked it as a promise kept for obama?

If it's not a promise kept why have the fact checkers marked it as a promise kept for obama?

Answered already by your own evidence: fact checker got it wrong.

You p'wnd yourself again.

This cracks me up.

This cracks me up.

you're confused but that's not hard too see the one who is pawned is you since the fact checkers claim it was a promise kept. the same fact checkers you liberals use when defending obama, The only pawnage is you and watching you melt down when you realize it.

This cracks me up.

you're confused but that's not hard too see the one who is pawned is you since the fact checkers claim it was a promise kept. the same fact checkers you liberals use when defending obama, The only pawnage is you and watching you melt down when you realize it.

While I can appreciate your need to keep bashing some media outlet for calling something a promise or not and Obama keeping it or not, why not focus on what I consider to be the real issue here. Since Obama got us out of Iraq, the additional troops he "supported" are no longer necessary. Would you prefer he keep adding government employees (troops) to the US payroll even if they are not needed?

This cracks me up.

While I can appreciate your need to keep bashing some media outlet for calling something a promise or not and Obama keeping it or not, why not focus on what I consider to be the real issue here. Since Obama got us out of Iraq, the additional troops he "supported" are no longer necessary. Would you prefer he keep adding government employees (troops) to the US payroll even if they are not needed?

As I have always said politifact is an obama propaganda machine

So....shouldn't your rant be in the "Media" board as opposed to the "Politics" board? Unless of course, you actually want to discuss the merits of Obama's change of heart in not needing the additional troops since he got us out of Iraq?

So....shouldn't your rant be in the "Media" board as opposed to the "Politics" board? Unless of course, you actually want to discuss the merits of Obama's change of heart in not needing the additional troops since he got us out of Iraq?

No it's political because it's about the fact checkers at the obama propaganda machine

bigrebnc demonstrates his Nazi like ability to keep telling the Big Lie.

This is why I am so glad Romney is going to be our candidate for President, and not one of the far right loonies like Perry, Bachmann, Cain, or Santorum, etc.

Romney is taking the party back from the loonies of the far right.

And according to the data presented by Politifact, they rated this as a promise kept since the goal was to have 547.4k Army and 202k marines on duty. As of Oct 19, 2011 there were 565.4k Army and 202k marines.

Looks to me like he got the job done.

Our government plays with troop concentrations all the time - increasing them when there's cash in the budget and a need for grunts, decreasing them when they need more ready cash. This shouldn't be at all surprising.

And, Obama NEVER said that the increases were going to be permanent - and would you really have believed him if he did?

This is a non-issue.

bigrebnc is merely an instigator and trouble maker for the far right conspiracy against the Republic.

bigrebnc demonstrates his Nazi like ability to keep telling the Big Lie.

This is why I am so glad Romney is going to be our candidate for President, and not one of the far right loonies like Perry, Bachmann, Cain, or Santorum, etc.

Romney is taking the party back from the loonies of the far right.

jokey as this unadulterated ability to keep lying to himself and projecting what is not of others but what he's about. NAZI? :badgrin:

An oldenwiser kicked bigrebnc into the gutter, where he belongs.

Face it, bigrebnc, you and your kind are irrelevant to the fate of the Republic.

Last edited:
An oldenwiser kicked bigrebnc into the gutter, where he belongs.

Face it, bigrebnc, you and your kind are irrelevant to the fate of the Republic.

I thought you said obama never made that promise?

And it closed with the following statement:

We went to Hank Minitrez, a spokesman for the Army G-1. He wasn’t sure where Wiley got his information, but his experts told him that there are no tattoo policy changes in the works, and there have been no “All Army Activities” messages on the topic.
“They’ve received no guidance from the sergeant major of the Army, the chief of staff of the Army, the vice chief of staff of the Army, anyone who would issue that guidance to change the reg,” Minitrez said. “It hasn’t been a topic of the Uniform Board, so no.”

Did you not read that part or are just ignoring it so you can bash the CinC some more?

Still doesn't change a thing that the people at politifacts are calling it a promise kept. So would this be a promise broken by obama? Would this be a lie pushed by the obama fact finders at politicfact?

One, support is not promise.

Two, policies over tatoos is different than downsizing because of force size.

bigrebnc is fail. Nothing new here.

Forum List

Back