A promise kept

Question is a promise not kept still a promise kept or is it a lie?

According to political facts obama promised to increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

Increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

"Barack Obama supports plans to increase the size of the Army by 65,000 troops and the Marines by 27,000 troops. Increasing our end strength will help units retrain and re-equip properly between deployments and decrease the strain on military families."
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

But in the news now we have this

The Defense Department may have to force soldiers, Marines or other members of the military out of the services for the first time since the aftermath of the Cold War to achieve the spending reductions in its budget proposal.
The Pentagon plans to cut 67,100 soldiers from active and reserve Army units and the Army National Guard in the five years starting Oct. 1, as well as 15,200 from the active and reserve ranks of the Marine Corps as part of an effort to save $487 billion over a decade, according to the budget sent to Congress today. The Navy and Air Force would lose fewer people -- 8,600 and 1,700 respectively

Pentagon May Oust Troops Involuntarily to Meet Reductions in Budget Plan - Bloomberg

And yes they are kicking out members who have 15 years of service to keep them from getting full benefits. or at least those that is what sources tell me from the military down at fort jackson

'Supports' is not 'promises', and times change.

I for one want a downsized armed forces that will be easily capable of taking care of our necessary interests and protect the welfare of our people.

Romney will do that.

I was a story on CNN where if they dont pass a budget, defense contractors will lay off like a million workers on Nov2. CNN wanted to make this about the election, but come to find out, government rules make them give 60 days notice before the layoffs occur on Jan2, now while sad, it's LOL funny that liberals get bit by their own rules.

I thought far righty extremists did not believe that government creates jobs.

A million workers? Wow! That's a lot of jobs the government won't be creating.

Question is a promise not kept still a promise kept or is it a lie?

According to political facts obama promised to increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

Increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

"Barack Obama supports plans to increase the size of the Army by 65,000 troops and the Marines by 27,000 troops. Increasing our end strength will help units retrain and re-equip properly between deployments and decrease the strain on military families."
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

But in the news now we have this

The Defense Department may have to force soldiers, Marines or other members of the military out of the services for the first time since the aftermath of the Cold War to achieve the spending reductions in its budget proposal.
The Pentagon plans to cut 67,100 soldiers from active and reserve Army units and the Army National Guard in the five years starting Oct. 1, as well as 15,200 from the active and reserve ranks of the Marine Corps as part of an effort to save $487 billion over a decade, according to the budget sent to Congress today. The Navy and Air Force would lose fewer people -- 8,600 and 1,700 respectively

Pentagon May Oust Troops Involuntarily to Meet Reductions in Budget Plan - Bloomberg

And yes they are kicking out members who have 15 years of service to keep them from getting full benefits. or at least those that is what sources tell me from the military down at fort jackson

'Supports' is not 'promises', and times change.

I for one want a downsized armed forces that will be easily capable of taking care of our necessary interests and protect the welfare of our people.

Romney will do that.

Talk with the people at politifacts they are calling it a promise kept. So would this be a promise broken by obama? Would this be a lie pushed by the obama fact finders at politicfact?

Support is not promise. You have trouble with words, son.

Last edited:
I heard from my son there's another way they're cutting down on the troops.

There's a no-tolerance rule in effect now that any soldier that gets caught and charged with a crime (drunk driving, spousal abuse, etc) and charged will automatically be discharged, no demotion and no 2nd chance. Even if that person has NEVER been in trouble for anything before...they're gone. My son knows just from his base about 5 people this has happened to.

Sad. He's cutting the throat of this Republic.

And has been doing it since day one.

Support is not promise. You have trouble with words, son.

Talk with the people at politifacts they are calling it a promise kept. So would this be a promise broken by obama? Would this be a lie pushed by the obama fact finders at politicfact?

photos%2Fobameter_promiseKept.jpg

Obama keeps troop increase on track
Updated: Monday, November 7th, 2011 | By Louis Jacobson

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Barack Obama said that he "supports plans to increase the size of the Army by 65,000 troops and the Marines by 27,000 troops.”

As we noted when we last looked at this promise, this sounds a lot more impressive than it is, since by the time Obama was inaugurated, the Army and Marine Corps had already begun a program aimed at increasing their ranks by those numbers by the end of 2010. Their target size was 547,400 for the Army and 202,000 for the Marine Corps.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...crease-the-size-of-the-army-and-marine-corps/

Sad. He's cutting the throat of this Republic.

And they'll get a Dishonorable Discharge at that. It's bad enough that they made a mistake, never been in trouble before....then have to go TRY to find a job. With a dishonorable they will have an even harder time finding a good job. Then they go on welfare, or end up homeless...

Nice job Obama!

That's rich. NOW, you are going to blame the soldiers' poor choices on Obama too???

We do when King Almighty believes he never makes a mistake. Whenever he does he always blames it one someone else. He doesn't have the gutts to stand up to it. When one of our soldiers makes a mistake then Ubama believes he knows whats best. The only thing is Ubama never gives it a second thought.

that is what happens whan wars are over.Reagan started drug testing when I was in.DWI, accidents arrests, all followed with drug test and other actions with being diciplined at the company level.

And so what? I see you haven't learned a damn thing either.

They are being discharged for something they had when they were allowed to enlist.

I noticed you didn't provide a link. I have one that says you're misinformed.

USMC Tattoos Policy

Oh, you mean the one where the guy said this:

We went to Hank Minitrez, a spokesman for the Army G-1. He wasn’t sure where Wiley got his information, but his experts told him that there are no tattoo policy changes in the works, and there have been no “All Army Activities” messages on the topic.

“They’ve received no guidance from the sergeant major of the Army, the chief of staff of the Army, the vice chief of staff of the Army, anyone who would issue that guidance to change the reg,” Minitrez said.

And is this one the President's fault too?

Former Marine fired as Deputy for tattoo

He had it when he was hired. Oops!

We went to Hank Minitrez, a spokesman for the Army G-1. He wasn’t sure where Wiley got his information, but his experts told him that there are no tattoo policy changes in the works, and there have been no “All Army Activities” messages on the topic.

“They’ve received no guidance from the sergeant major of the Army, the chief of staff of the Army, the vice chief of staff of the Army, anyone who would issue that guidance to change the reg,” Minitrez said.

The link I posted that said this

If a soldier has a tattoo that somehow runs afoul of Army policy, a commander cannot technically order the soldier to remove a tattoo. However, the command can counsel the soldier on “medical options” (read “removal”), and a soldier who does not take the medical option at the Army’s expense can be discharged.
What Wiley heard was that if a soldier has tattoos that are visible in the summer PT uniform, the soldier would be directed to remove them or they will be discharged.
“Sounds a bit off to me, as tattoos have always been commonplace in the military, with tributes to fallen comrades being the most well known,” he writes. “Then again, they are downsizing.”

If a soldier has a tattoo that somehow runs afoul of Army policy, a commander cannot technically order the soldier to remove a tattoo. However, the command can counsel the soldier on “medical options” (read “removal”), and a soldier who does not take the medical option at the Army’s expense can be discharged.
What Wiley heard was that if a soldier has tattoos that are visible in the summer PT uniform, the soldier would be directed to remove them or they will be discharged.
“Sounds a bit off to me, as tattoos have always been commonplace in the military, with tributes to fallen comrades being the most well known,” he writes. “Then again, they are downsizing.”

And it closed with the following statement:

“They’ve received no guidance from the sergeant major of the Army, the chief of staff of the Army, the vice chief of staff of the Army, anyone who would issue that guidance to change the reg,” Minitrez said. “It hasn’t been a topic of the Uniform Board, so no.”

Did you not read that part or are just ignoring it so you can bash the CinC some more?

“They’ve received no guidance from the sergeant major of the Army, the chief of staff of the Army, the vice chief of staff of the Army, anyone who would issue that guidance to change the reg,” Minitrez said. “It hasn’t been a topic of the Uniform Board, so no.”

Did you not read that part or are just ignoring it so you can bash the CinC some more?

Still doesn't change a thing that the people at politifacts are calling it a promise kept. So would this be a promise broken by obama? Would this be a lie pushed by the obama fact finders at politicfact?

Still doesn't change a thing that the people at politifacts are calling it a promise kept. So would this be a promise broken by obama? Would this be a lie pushed by the obama fact finders at politicfact?

LOL...look at you...proved completely wrong so you must attempt to change the subject.

It was a promise kept. He increased the number of troops. Your own attempt to derail your thread on tattoos failed so now you want to go back to your originally wrong premise? Okay, have fun. I gotta go to work so I can save for a new tattoo. :lol:

LOL...look at you...proved completely wrong so you must attempt to change the subject.

It was a promise kept. He increased the number of troops. Your own attempt to derail your thread on tattoos failed so now you want to go back to your originally wrong premise? Okay, have fun. I gotta go to work so I can save for a new tattoo. :lol:

NO I have made that point earlier also. Nothing has changed try again.

One, support is not promise.

Two, policies over tatoos is different than downsizing because of force size.

bigrebnc is fail. Nothing new here.

One, support is not promise.

Two, policies over tatoos is different than downsizing because of force size.

bigrebnc is fail. Nothing new here.
So the fact checkers at politifacts who said obama made the promised lied?
And two they were enlisted with tattoos and now it's being used against them to down size
Oh and Jake you need to re read the OP I said
So where did I say obama promised? If obama didn't make the promise why is politifact saying he made a promise and kept it when according too you he did not make a promise and he is reducing numbers.
BIG TIME FAIL FOR JAKE THE FLAKE.

The words are "support" and not "promise." Go back and show exactly where it says promised. Go back and understand the issue of discipline and of downsizing.

That is an issue of the good order and discipline of the service, not downsizing.

Forum List

Back