A promise kept

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Question is a promise not kept still a promise kept or is it a lie?

According to political facts obama promised to increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

Increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

"Barack Obama supports plans to increase the size of the Army by 65,000 troops and the Marines by 27,000 troops. Increasing our end strength will help units retrain and re-equip properly between deployments and decrease the strain on military families."
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

But in the news now we have this

The Defense Department may have to force soldiers, Marines or other members of the military out of the services for the first time since the aftermath of the Cold War to achieve the spending reductions in its budget proposal.
The Pentagon plans to cut 67,100 soldiers from active and reserve Army units and the Army National Guard in the five years starting Oct. 1, as well as 15,200 from the active and reserve ranks of the Marine Corps as part of an effort to save $487 billion over a decade, according to the budget sent to Congress today. The Navy and Air Force would lose fewer people -- 8,600 and 1,700 respectively

Pentagon May Oust Troops Involuntarily to Meet Reductions in Budget Plan - Bloomberg

And yes they are kicking out members who have 15 years of service to keep them from getting full benefits. or at least those that is what sources tell me from the military down at fort jackson

Last edited:
I was a story on CNN where if they dont pass a budget, defense contractors will lay off like a million workers on Nov2. CNN wanted to make this about the election, but come to find out, government rules make them give 60 days notice before the layoffs occur on Jan2, now while sad, it's LOL funny that liberals get bit by their own rules.

According to political facts obama promised to increase the size of the Army and Marine Corps

"Barack Obama supports plans to increase the size of the Army by 65,000 troops and the Marines by 27,000 troops. Increasing our end strength will help units retrain and re-equip properly between deployments and decrease the strain on military families."

The Defense Department may have to force soldiers, Marines or other members of the military out of the services for the first time since the aftermath of the Cold War to achieve the spending reductions in its budget proposal.
The Pentagon plans to cut 67,100 soldiers from active and reserve Army units and the Army National Guard in the five years starting Oct. 1, as well as 15,200 from the active and reserve ranks of the Marine Corps as part of an effort to save $487 billion over a decade, according to the budget sent to Congress today. The Navy and Air Force would lose fewer people -- 8,600 and 1,700 respectively

Pentagon May Oust Troops Involuntarily to Meet Reductions in Budget Plan - Bloomberg

And yes they are kicking out members who have 15 years of service to keep them from getting full benefits. or at least those that is what sources tell me from the military down at fort jackson

With our troops out of Iraq, why do we need th additional troops anymore? Besides, we are broke, remember?

With our troops out of Iraq, why do we need th additional troops anymore? Besides, we are broke, remember?
Two things
obama said he would increase troop numbers and now had reniged
obama is robbing those near retirement who have earned benefits by kicking them to the curb.

Two things
obama is robbing those near retirement who have earned benefits by kicking them to the curb.

Two more things.
If the situation (ie, being out of Iraq, requiring less troops) exists, do you REALLY want us to bring on the additional troops anyway? have them sitting around twidlling their thumbs on our nickel? If so, why?
Obama is not doing anything of the sort. Congress passed the mandated across the board cuts. You DO understand how our government works, right?

Two things

Two more things.
If the situation (ie, being out of Iraq, requiring less troops) exists, do you REALLY want us to bring on the additional troops anyway? have them sitting around twidlling their thumbs on our nickel? If so, why?
Obama is not doing anything of the sort. Congress passed the mandated across the board cuts. You DO understand how our government works, right?

Did obama sign off on it?

Two things

Two more things.

WAit, across the board? you mean like standardized? I wish liberals would sign off on more of that, like with taxes, regulation, and government cuts in general, but I guess we can only do it in defense.

Two things

Two more things.

On the mandated reduction across the board? I believe he did. Point?

Two more things.

On the mandated reduction across the board? I believe he did. Point?

both the fact checkers at politifact and obama lied.

Is he trying to make room for the new agency? :eusa_whistle:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s"]Obama Civilian Security- YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s"]Obama Civilian Security- YouTube[/ame]
What an idiot kicking troops out before they can retire who have given most of their adult life in the service of their country is not good and will bring the moral of the troops down.

Maybe this is another bring down the unemployment move for obama

I heard from my son there's another way they're cutting down on the troops.

There's a no-tolerance rule in effect now that any soldier that gets caught and charged with a crime (drunk driving, spousal abuse, etc) and charged will automatically be discharged, no demotion and no 2nd chance. Even if that person has NEVER been in trouble for anything before...they're gone. My son knows just from his base about 5 people this has happened to.

What an idiot kicking troops out before they can retire who have given most of their adult life in the service of their country is not good and will bring the moral of the troops down.

Maybe this is another bring down the unemployment move for obama

But by the same token? Where are those Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, Coastguardsmen going to find work with not a whole lot of people hiring?

There's a no-tolerance rule in effect now that any soldier that gets caught and charged with a crime (drunk driving, spousal abuse, etc) and charged will automatically be discharged, no demotion and no 2nd chance. Even if that person has NEVER been in trouble for anything before...they're gone. My son knows just from his base about 5 people this has happened to.

Sad. He's cutting the throat of this Republic.

As they should. Don't we want only the best in our military services? I thought at the very least the USMC held their troops to a higher standard?

Sad. He's cutting the throat of this Republic.

And they'll get a Dishonorable Discharge at that. It's bad enough that they made a mistake, never been in trouble before....then have to go TRY to find a job. With a dishonorable they will have an even harder time finding a good job. Then they go on welfare, or end up homeless...

Nice job Obama!

As they should. Don't we want only the best in our military services? I thought at the very least the USMC held their troops to a higher standard?

Everyone makes mistakes...if a person has a record of screwing up, then yes they should go. Our soldiers are human too...they make mistakes. But a 1st time offender? It should be a pretty bad crime to kick them out with no 2nd chances and not letting them make things right. Unless they go out to purposefully hurt someone, something planned, they shouldn't be thrown under the bus for it.

Forum List

Back