A promise kept

I heard from my son there's another way they're cutting down on the troops.

There's a no-tolerance rule in effect now that any soldier that gets caught and charged with a crime (drunk driving, spousal abuse, etc) and charged will automatically be discharged, no demotion and no 2nd chance. Even if that person has NEVER been in trouble for anything before...they're gone. My son knows just from his base about 5 people this has happened to.

As they should. Don't we want only the best in our military services? I thought at the very least the USMC held their troops to a higher standard?

No one is perfect everybody makes mistakes but to kick a person out because they may have made a bad judgment call once is not a good thing stop defending Mr gaffe in chief.

There's a no-tolerance rule in effect now that any soldier that gets caught and charged with a crime (drunk driving, spousal abuse, etc) and charged will automatically be discharged, no demotion and no 2nd chance. Even if that person has NEVER been in trouble for anything before...they're gone. My son knows just from his base about 5 people this has happened to.

As they should. Don't we want only the best in our military services? I thought at the very least the USMC held their troops to a higher standard?

Everyone makes mistakes...if a person has a record of screwing up, then yes they should go. Our soldiers are human too...they make mistakes. But a 1st time offender? It should be a pretty bad crime to kick them out with no 2nd chances and not letting them make things right. Unless they go out to purposefully hurt someone, something planned, they shouldn't be thrown under the bus for it.

That is what obama does best throw people under the bus

Everyone makes mistakes...if a person has a record of screwing up, then yes they should go. Our soldiers are human too...they make mistakes. But a 1st time offender? It should be a pretty bad crime to kick them out with no 2nd chances and not letting them make things right. Unless they go out to purposefully hurt someone, something planned, they shouldn't be thrown under the bus for it.

As a soldier, that is their job. If I got a DUI, my company has a policy in place that would lead to my termination. I see no difference, OTHER than the fact that our soldiers are supposed to represent the United States of America.

Is he trying to make room for the new agency? :eusa_whistle:

Obama Civilian Security- YouTube
What an idiot kicking troops out before they can retire who have given most of their adult life in the service of their country is not good and will bring the moral of the troops down.

Maybe this is another bring down the unemployment move for obama

But by the same token? Where are those Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, Coastguardsmen going to find work with not a whole lot of people hiring?

It appears obama just does not care

Sad. He's cutting the throat of this Republic.

And they'll get a Dishonorable Discharge at that. It's bad enough that they made a mistake, never been in trouble before....then have to go TRY to find a job. With a dishonorable they will have an even harder time finding a good job. Then they go on welfare, or end up homeless...

Nice job Obama!

Ouch. Without a clean DD214? Nice job indeed.:evil:

And they'll get a Dishonorable Discharge at that. It's bad enough that they made a mistake, never been in trouble before....then have to go TRY to find a job. With a dishonorable they will have an even harder time finding a good job. Then they go on welfare, or end up homeless...

Nice job Obama!

That's rich. NOW, you are going to blame the soldiers' poor choices on Obama too???

Nice job Obama!

That's rich. NOW, you are going to blame the soldiers' poor choices on Obama too???

They are kicking people for having tattoos something they had when they enlisted

If a soldier has a tattoo that somehow runs afoul of Army policy, a commander cannot technically order the soldier to remove a tattoo. However, the command can counsel the soldier on “medical options” (read “removal”), and a soldier who does not take the medical option at the Army’s expense can be discharged.
What Wiley heard was that if a soldier has tattoos that are visible in the summer PT uniform, the soldier would be directed to remove them or they will be discharged.
“Sounds a bit off to me, as tattoos have always been commonplace in the military, with tributes to fallen comrades being the most well known,” he writes. “Then again, they are downsizing.”

Outside The Wire

If a soldier has a tattoo that somehow runs afoul of Army policy, a commander cannot technically order the soldier to remove a tattoo. However, the command can counsel the soldier on “medical options” (read “removal”), and a soldier who does not take the medical option at the Army’s expense can be discharged.
What Wiley heard was that if a soldier has tattoos that are visible in the summer PT uniform, the soldier would be directed to remove them or they will be discharged.
“Sounds a bit off to me, as tattoos have always been commonplace in the military, with tributes to fallen comrades being the most well known,” he writes. “Then again, they are downsizing.”

Outside The Wire

Such policies exist in the private sector. Why should our military be any different?

that is what happens whan wars are over.Reagan started drug testing when I was in.DWI, accidents arrests, all followed with drug test and other actions with being diciplined at the company level.

Outside The Wire

Such policies exist in the private sector. Why should our military be any different?

They had the tattoo's when they were allowed to join.

that is what happens whan wars are over.Reagan started drug testing when I was in.DWI, accidents arrests, all followed with drug test and other actions with being diciplined at the company level.

And so what? I see you haven't learned a damn thing either.

They are being discharged for something they had when they were allowed to enlist.

Nice job Obama!

That is terrible

Nice job Obama!

That is terrible

Isn't it? I'll BEt the left is laughing over the fact WARMONGER Military types that are protecting thier Liberty are getting PINK SLIPS.

It's Reprehensible.:evil:

They are being discharged for something they had when they were allowed to enlist.

Military has to PROGRESS with Gubmint or be thrown OUT Big Reb? Didn't anyone tell you?

Military has to PROGRESS with Gubmint or be thrown OUT Big Reb? Didn't anyone tell you?

Sure but why allow them to enlist if they have something that will be objectionable later? Even the gay lifestyle. obama will not be president forever.

Forum List

Back