A Meg

wihosa

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2008
Now that Meg Whitman has topped the one hundred million mark in her quest to become the governor in California I think we should start referring to one hundred million dollars as "a Meg" like we refer to a thousand dollars as a grand.

Usage: She spent a Meg on the election and still couldn't buy the governorship!

Most of the current budget deficit was built into the budget when President Obama came into office.

Of course it didn't show up until President Obama decided that all of the RepubliCONs spending on the wars would be accounted for.

By the way, I'm not surprised you immediately went to trashing our President, but the issue is not what is the government spending but how much private money is being spent by special interests to wrest control of the government from the people.

You can't point to a more special interest than one person.

Ah ha. I've figured it out.

wihosa must be Truthmattersnot's brother-son-cousin!

Now that Meg Whitman has topped the one hundred million mark in her quest to become the governor in California I think we should start referring to one hundred million dollars as "a Meg" like we refer to a thousand dollars as a grand.

Usage: She spent a Meg on the election and still couldn't buy the governorship!

Since when has spending your own, personal, money been a cause for concern? People should, and are, able to use their assets to help themselves into public office. It is, quite literally, a basic tenant to the modern American political landscape. Whining about it, merely because the person in question happens to be running on a Republican ticket, is immature and more than slightly ignorant.

You have what figured out? That you can't just spew right wing propaganda and expect everyone to agree with it? That you may have to defend your half baked ideas?

That's right, why should we concerned that some one would be willing to spend one hundred million dollars of their own money to get a job that pays 140K?

Of course with the right tax cuts and "business incentives" spending a Meg could pay off rather handsomely for Meg!

And we shouldn't be concerned about someone who raised $650M (some of which came from completely unidentifiable sources called Doodad Pro, etc.) for a job that pays $400K per year?

From now on, poorly thought through posts - short on logic and piled full of partisan bullshit - should, therefore be known as a 'wihosa'.

From now on, poorly thought through posts - short on logic and piled full of partisan bullshit - should, therefore be known as a 'wihosa'.

Sorry, but I think anyone who literally is willing to BUY the office of governor (or president) with his/her own money is suspect.

A Mag

Definition: Zero

Usage: A Mag indicates Zero on the intelligence scale.

Sorry, but I think anyone who literally is willing to BUY the office of governor (or president) with his/her own money is suspect.

So what you want is a gubernatorial candidate who uses other people's money to buy the office of the governor? Can you see how that would cast dubious shadows on the independence of said candidate?

Especially the ones that are buying the office essentially with taxpayers money via union campaign donations financed via grossly overpaid public employees' dues.

So what you want is a gubernatorial candidate who uses other people's money to buy the office of the governor? Can you see how that would cast dubious shadows on the independence of said candidate?

Well why not do away with voting at all, then? The highest bidder wins!! :cuckoo:

Leave it to Maggie to think that advertising equals voting.

Just because someone spends a lot of money on ads doesn't mean that one is compelled to vote for him or her...unless one is someone who cannot think for oneself.

Which does explain Maggie.

Especially the ones that are buying the office essentially with taxpayers money via union campaign donations financed via grossly overpaid public employees' dues.

The US Chamber of Commerce isn't far behind, dearie, and has yet to release all of its proxy donations.

They must be following Obama's example.

And please provide a link proving your assertion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back