A Meg

Leave it to Maggie to think that advertising equals voting.

Just because someone spends a lot of money on ads doesn't mean that one is compelled to vote for him or her...unless one is someone who cannot think for oneself.

Which does explain Maggie.

That's hardly the point, stupid.
---->whoosh---->

If someone wants public office THAT BAD, what is the agenda? IMO, they're trying to buy a dictatorship.

What is the agenda of someone who wants the office so badly that they campaign endlessly to raise money?

Sorry, but I think anyone who literally is willing to BUY the office of governor (or president) with his/her own money is suspect.

So what you want is a gubernatorial candidate who uses other people's money to buy the office of the governor? Can you see how that would cast dubious shadows on the independence of said candidate?

Well why not do away with voting at all, then? The highest bidder wins!! :cuckoo:

Your post didn't address mine in the slightest, and I still don't see your point.

I asked you if it would be better if she used other people's money, and then you say that spending money (at all) is bad.

Michael Bloomberg spent $74M of his own money to become mayor. How much of Theresa Heinz Kerry's money did John Kerry spend?
How is any of this relevant to what kind of office-holder the person will be?
The thread is troll material and the OP is heading for my iggy list with Maggie.

From now on, poorly thought through posts - short on logic and piled full of partisan bullshit - should, therefore be known as a 'wihosa'.

Sorry, but I think anyone who literally is willing to BUY the office of governor (or president) with his/her own money is suspect.

And that's somehow worse than buying the office with someone else's money?

Maggie thats like 97% of anyone running for office these days....

Using their own millions? I don't think so. Donations are entirely different because those are potential votes by people who want to sacrifice from their own pockets to get someone elected. When a candidate does all her own financing, which translates into unlimited face time on television, massive mailings, etc., you start to believe that she's the best candidate for the job, whether or not she is.

Michael Bloomberg spent $74M of his own money to become mayor. How much of Theresa Heinz Kerry's money did John Kerry spend?
How is any of this relevant to what kind of office-holder the person will be?
The thread is troll material and the OP is heading for my iggy list with Maggie.

I thought I was already on your "iggy" list. :lol:

Using their own millions? I don't think so. Donations are entirely different because those are potential votes by people who want to sacrifice from their own pockets to get someone elected. When a candidate does all her own financing, which translates into unlimited face time on television, massive mailings, etc., you start to believe that she's the best candidate for the job, whether or not she is.

So selling one's vote is okay - but being independent by self-financing is not.

Thanks for clearing that up.

It's not illegal. You can vote for anyone you want. I, personally, just wouldn't vote for anyone who is so desperate for the office that they're willing to put up millions of their own money. Even Romney admitted that was a mistake. Why? Because he LOST! And he had two kids he still had to put through college.

It's not illegal. You can vote for anyone you want. I, personally, just wouldn't vote for anyone who is so desperate for the office that they're willing to put up millions of their own money. Even Romney admitted that was a mistake. Why? Because he LOST! And he had two kids he still had to put through college.

Doesn't that kind of trash your entire theory of buying the office if Romney spent all this money and lost anyway?

Where did I say Illegal?

And your point proves what I said. Ads don't force people to vote against their will.

Please, get help for your reading comprehension and cognitive dissonance issues before they are completely irreversible.

Maggie ANYONE who will spend 100 million dollars for a 200 thousand dollar a year job and i dont care whose money it is, is pretty dam suspect as far as i am concerned,and this is the kind of person to elect to fix the Countries monetary problems?.....no wonder things are getting worse.....when you have had a silver spoon stuck up your ass all your life or a good portion of it,the value of a dollar is something that these meatballs lose site of....Money to ones such as these is considered a cure-all for every thing....and does not matter WHOSE money it is....they are STILL buying it...

It would be one thing if Meg was spending the money contributed from a political base especially if her opponent was doing the same. That is not the case, she is spending money from her own pocket, far in excess of her opponent.

Now come on righties, you know darn well that people don't just spend money for the heck of it. People only invest their money if they think there is a good chance that their investment will pay off.

And please don't go to the "she's just a citizen who is concerned about her country" card. This is a woman who couldn't even find the time to vote (I've never waited more than fifteen minutes to vote, so we're not talking a lot of time).

Yep, spending a Meg is just another investment for Meg.

She is putting her money where her mouth is. That's bad how?

trouble is she is a fucking phony and that was proven 2 weeks ago.....the bad part is Jerry Brown is another piece of shit.....

What do you mean "a fucking phony"? Is there a politiician who drips sincerity with every word?

we have these two radio guys out here..John and Ken,who are not too popular with many of California's Politicians.....they had her on the show and she was saying if elected she is going to crack down on Illegal Immigration and is against amnesty.....a week later she was addressing a Latino group and was basically saying she is for a road to amnesty....as well as a few other things .......Brown wont even come on their show.....so they will soon begin just trashing both of them.....California is doomed....:lol:....two choices for Gov.....we are through the bottom of the barrel and are scraping the dirt below it....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back